[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

4 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

kaleidonope.png

Coming to terms with my lack of free time I have dropped my originally intended list for now. These are some games I have finished up lately and I have added them to the chart. I will probably be replacing them as the year goes by, but failing at some of the hotlaps on Assetto Corsa was... grinding my gears, so to speak.

So I needed a break from that and the following games have been finished up instead:

Vasilis: Cleaning up some games on the Vita I played through Vasilis. The hand drawn style could be nice but felt a bit lazy in this case. I generally do not enjoy using a guide but I did for this game just to be able to finally finish and delete it.

Tetra's Escape: Another Vita puzzle game and I quite enjoyed this one. Maybe I will even stack the PS4 version in some time.

The Sparkle 2 Evo 2: This PS4 game looks great and is pretty relaxing to play. The end was a bit frustrating because it does not exactly hold your hand. Thanks to a post on this very website, I managed to finish the game this morning. I can definitely recommend this game for some relaxed gameplay.

Pinball Heroes: This one was already on the list. Just a nice pinball game.

Nice work!

I'd actually consider swapping the two green ones around - The Sparkle 2 has a bit of light green, but the overall background looks to actually be very dark green too, and next to each other, I think that as green, and Terra's Escape as Light Green might work better?

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd actually consider swapping the two green ones around - The Sparkle 2 has a bit of light green, but the overall background looks to actually be very dark green too, and next to each other, I think that as green, and Terra's Escape as Light Green might work better?

I have considered your consideration and have rejected it. I'm not sure where this puts us, but there you go.

Seriously though, I am happy to have this discussion on December 31st, because I am planning on replacing each of these games before then anyway. I just wanted to feel like I was making some progress. ;)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

I am going to change out Black - while I have committed to two Kingdom Hearts games, I am playing three games at once that have a more dominant black background with a small image in the foreground, so they would fit just as well. Also, while I am certain I can complete those Kingdom Hearts games and get the platinum before the event ends, I want to reduce the number of RPGs I have on this list because I am planning on completing this list by July, so I can go for a double Rainbow Elite challenge with a second card to keep me busy for the rest of the year(and by that time more recent games can join in), and I will probably put a future Kingdom Hearts game on that list. I'll update the image when I get the platinum for the replacement game, but it is a LEGO title.

(Yes, I know that most LEGO games do not count for black as their game icon backgrounds are actually transparent, but there is one I can use... though it'll be a pain to finish due to its performance issues.... :()

Edited by Taruta13

On 11/02/2023 at 0:26 AM, Xylobe said:

p7XVs9N.jpg

Time for another quick update! This time I've done Plants vs. Zombies for green and Heaven's Vault for yellow (it could just as easily be tan, but this way there's tessellation, which is always fun).

For Plants vs. Zombies, I feel like there's not that much to talk about-- it seemed like it was everywhere when it came out, and everyone except for me has probably played it to death already. We were always more of a Peggle household.

Conversely, Heaven's Vault is a game that I could talk about a lot, but won't-- it's the kind of game that appreciates being as unspoiled as possible. In short it's a narrative-focused and non-linear adventure game, a couple of degrees removed from a point-and-click, focused on archaeology and language in a unique sci-fi setting. Unless that sounds like the most Boring™ thing on Earth, it gets my emphatic recommendation. Easily my favorite of the games on my list thus far.

Ah, I got the platinum for Heaven's Vault a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it also. I remember struggling to get the "Change of Heart" trophy to trigger, which meant I had to do a third playthrough (I almost always do a blind playthrough of games, plus a 'clean-up') because I somehow messed it up and didn't have a save to revert back to haha. 

Nevertheless, awesome game. And a great one for Tan. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 3