[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

2 minutes ago, Vivamp said:

Throwing in a couple games at once, Omno's a great adventure game that was recently added to ps plus collection, pictures of a bit of a gradient going on but I think blue fits best?

me too!

2 minutes ago, Vivamp said:

Also I imagine it's fine, but for clarification could we complete our board, but then "upgrade" some of the chosen tiles?, I keep intending to have these little games as just fillers when i'm taking a break from the big stuff and then just going for the plat anyways 1f62c.png

Sure, no problem with that

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

me too!

Sure, no problem with that

Cool thanks ?
Side note, gotta love your tag saying "Undeterred by your negativity" and then profile pic from the most negativity inducing show I think I've ever seen ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vivamp said:

Cool thanks 1f601.png
Side note, gotta love your tag saying "Undeterred by your negativity" and then profile pic from the most negativity inducing show I think I've ever seen 1f602.png

? I never really thought about that juxtaposition…

…but yeah - Bojack is deterred by everyone’s negativity!

1 hour ago, ORIGINAL_BEERON said:

This sounds fun. I'm in.

Can the games I've completed before joining this month count?

To my knowledge so long as it was completed this year then it's fair game, be it from before or after your official join date, after having a little nosy at your profile this means your plats for Lego city, Crazy Gravity, Spiderman, Pinball Heroes, Maneater, Bunny Raiders, Infamous first light, The gardens between, Donut County, Storm Boy, Spidey Quiz and Snowman story (Jeez that lists gonna rocket you right past most of us ?) should all be valid for this, but Santa claus/Miles Morales anything else prior wouldn't be valid

• Like 1

colorp9.pngtrade9.png

Got another entry and another shiny Surprise Traded. To be fair, I had managed to get 62% on Disgaea 5 in November when I played it for the Kill Your Completion Event. I followed a speedrun guide and found Usalia to be uber-powerful in the main story. Not so much in the Carnage Dimension, my Level 9999 Sage with 20 million in all stats was failing to scratch Carnage Dark, so I ran with Killia, got a crit and FINALLY took the no-good down. Killing Carnage Dark was the last hard trophy I had, after that all I had were 50 one-time bonuses, 100 Netherworlds discovered(I was at 86 by the time I defeated Carnage Dark) and punching people in the base 100 times. I held off on the last trophy because I wanted this game to be my 90th platinum so I had to plat three more games(two EZPZ and LEGO The Hobbit which took three days because holy cow, LEGO games are long) but I just got the platinum for Disgaea 5.

So now I can relax and go off the radar for the rest of the year as the last 7 games are truly grinds. I have not even gotten any of them past 10% trophy completion as most of these were also games I played for KYC2022. The only ones that were not(and are at 0%) are Disgaea 4+ Complete and Rogue Galaxy, the latter which I had to buy. I know someone else will probably get the rainbow before me, so good luck all of you!

(And yes, it's STILL Month 1 of the year, but everything I played up now, save Disgaea 5 and LEGO Star Wars, was easy and quick. ;))

On 1/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, Taruta13 said:
  • Light Green: Queen's Quest 2 (DONE)
  • Purple: Queen's Quest 3 (DONE)
  • Green: Queen's Quest 4 (DONE)
  • Brown: Warlock's Tower (DONE)
  • Light Blue: Storm Boy (DONE)
  • Deep Purple: Teslagrad (DONE)
  • Grey: TOEM (Done)
  • Red: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga [PS4 version] (DONE)
  • Pink: Disgaea 5 (DONE)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Varhur said:

The Council - oh man. First 4 chapters were genuinely really good, a political intrigue with big figures in it, secret society with a mysterious benefactor, protagonist searching for his mother on an island being the base of their operations, RPG-like systems allowing you to make a character that has strengths in different places (you can make your character better at reading other people, being more knowledgable in politics, erudition, linguistics, etc.). And then chapter 4 ending comes AND THEY WASTE EVERYTHING TO TELL A STORY ABOUT, nah, not gonna spoil it, it's such a disaster that it's better you get flabbergasted at it while experiencing it first-hand, go for it.

You've just convinced me to buy this, lol. It's downloading now. I need to see this for myself, both from a story perspective, and out of morbid curiosity. For anyone else who may be interested: it's currently on sale for less than $5.00 in the North American region.

• Like 2

Well, popped my first Disgaea 4+ Complete trophy so I am getting started on the next games in the list. I know I have 11 months but might as well start shoving my feet in the doors. Also, finally decided on what Kingdom Hearts game gets the honor of being represented by a shiny Oricorio - the OPG, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. I am going to do two plays, first knocking out Proud Mode for the difficulty trophies and then doing a speedrun of Beginner mode so I can get everything else. (I'm not confident in surviving Sephiroth or the Unknown in the highest difficulty.)

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I found a game that practically oozes light blue.

Oh, so that's where the Dragon Quest slimes go to relax after a hard day of being sliced apart by heroes. xD

3 hours ago, Varhur said:

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - such a shame that the first Lego Indiana Jones game never got trophies. I was thinking about that game all the time while playing the sequel, because to be frank, it felt like it did everything worse. Levels are painfully short (3-5 minutes), cleaning hub worlds is a chore, minikits in levels are scrapped completely, free play got butchered (it's just "bring two different characters" and there's no incentive to do this beyond one trophy that requires to beat all story levels in quick play, cuz thats how its named here). And out of 6 worlds, 3 are dedicated to Crystal Skull alone. I wish for a better Lego Indy game some time after Dial of Destiny.

I forgave them for all this, but not for the glitch that prevented a trophy from popping after playing the Builder Mode. Why? :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I forgave them for all this, but not for the glitch that prevented a trophy from popping after playing the Builder Mode. Why? :(

What's funny is that despite all the game's shortcomings, I was glitch-free for the entire duration. No Major Toht glitch (but I wasn't trying to actively lock myself out of unlocking him), no quickplay levels glitch, no 100% glitch, even the hangar speedrun popped as intended outside of the 1st ever run.