How hard is grounded

poker_1987

On 31/12/2022 at 5:11 AM, poker_1987 said:

I'll probably try it in a few years when I forget how bad this game ia

Yes, I am reluctant to go back and 100% the game too, it was beautiful graphically but the only bit I really liked were the bits with Ellie remembering Joel teaching her to swim and giving her the moon landing recording for her birthday and her saying that she could smell woodsmoke and wet leaves when she was with Tommy.  

• Like 1

Part II is harder than Part I by quite a bit on grounded if you were to do it legit but if you use the tweak workaround and use accessibility options, it becomes a cakewalk when you can one-shot all the enemies and have infinite ammo. Being able to rush through everything and skip cutscenes made the game much more enjoyable IMO. The game itself is very good, just the story makes you feel like garbage and brings the whole experience down but being able to skip it makes it much better. 

The only part I struggled with was the Ellie/Abby fight in the theater. You can't make any mistakes otherwise it's instant death and Ellie is a damn psychic on grounded difficulty especially in the 3rd phase and always seems to go exactly where you're trying to hide which leads to failure. Having to restart the chapter every time I messed up because I did the permadeath run in the same run as grounded was very annoying but other than part? Extremely easy. 

• 2 months later...

Grounded mode is definitely far, far easier here than in the original game due to the accessibility options - you don't even need the infinite ammo/one-shot options, just the ability to turn invisible by going prone (which is available at all difficulties without glitching the menu) saves a ton of time and ammo. Plus, the checkpoints and ammo/material drops are a lot more forgiving than in the original.

no doubt i was going to 100% the game , loved it, did grounded mode first , if your a real fan then you know what your signing up for , with permadeath , i would "very light" the difficulty , i did the 100% over a few months apart , 3 play throughs all in all

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Grounded is pretty challenging, much harder than in the first The Last of Us, but the trophy itself has been already obtained by thousands of lazy people who cheated their way through, so it's nothing special anymore and doesn't feel as rewarding.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, Domino_Destructo said:

Grounded is pretty challenging, but the trophy itself has been already obtained by thousands of lazy people who cheated their way through, so it's nothing special anymore and doesn't feel as rewarding.

Yikes.. I started this game years ago and trying to see if I could get the platinum..(was too busy with real life) but many people have told me the story of tlou2 wasn't good at all.. is grounded mode already unlock? Anyhow, I dont want spoiler.. thanks..

9 hours ago, Silently said:

Yikes.. I started this game years ago and trying to see if I could get the platinum..(was too busy with real life) but many people have told me the story of tlou2 wasn't good at all.. is grounded mode already unlock? Anyhow, I dont want spoiler.. thanks..

Grounded mode is available from the start, though is not recommended until you complete your first playthrough. You don't need the Grounded trophy to get the platinum.

It's optional.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/01/2023 at 6:03 PM, mega-tallica said:

it becomes a cakewalk when you can one-shot all the enemies and have infinite ammo.

This is not an available option on Grounded Mode, trust me I have this and I couldn't use it and I used the Availability tweaks but I got to the Hoard bit with Joel and Tommy and just kept getting killed over and over, Tommy took forever with the Cable Car and Joels AI was crap, killing the Clicker is easy but I just got swarmed by the multiple Runners everywhere.   Decided to give up and try a Very Light/Permadeath chapter based playthrough instead.   You can't get the trophy on a custom loadout either because I tried that too and didn't get the Grounded trophy after completing a custom loadout with player on grounded.    I don't know why they bothered, the first game is far easier to say the least on this mode - this one is hell. 

6 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

This is not an available option on Grounded Mode, trust me I have this and I couldn't use it and I used the Availability tweaks but I got to the Hoard bit with Joel and Tommy and just kept getting killed over and over, Tommy took forever with the Cable Car and Joels AI was crap, killing the Clicker is easy but I just got swarmed by the multiple Runners everywhere.   Decided to give up and try a Very Light/Permadeath chapter based playthrough instead.   You can't get the trophy on a custom loadout either because I tried that too and didn't get the Grounded trophy after completing a custom loadout with player on grounded.    I don't know why they bothered, the first game is far easier to say the least on this mode - this one is hell. 

I beat the entire game on grounded and permadeath at the same time. You just need to enable the option where crawling makes you completely invisible to enemies

It wasn't as hard as the first game, but two parts in specific will take you a while to beat (trapped in garage + underground boss)

On 6/2/2023 at 3:23 AM, alexandra-jane09 said:

Yes, tweaks are available to use in grounded mode. You just need to utilize the workaround to enable them as shown in this video:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You could just not put yourself through it if you hate this much, unless you relish in being miserable. Taking a look at your profile, you are sitting below 40% completion, so its not like you are one of those people that has a perfect completion to maintain. What’s one more unearned trophy to go on the pile going to hurt?

Such a weird thread, and it just got stranger as it went on.