Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

8 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

More than okay; though I have heard that the online for Hitman 2 was supposed to go offline sometime last year, rendering 3 trophies unobtainable in the dlcs.

Thank you! The servers are still up (for now), but those trophies are pretty much the only ones I have got so far luckily. I’m making the hitman games a priority now that they’ve delisted 1 and 2, just in case they do go down soon.

• Like 1

"And to your second point, the tapping x game wouldn't be Mayo would it? Such a silly 'game' that borders on regret for my personal list."

No it is this stupid 'game' called Disco Cannon Airlines. I didn't even realise them sort of games existed at the time and only bought it as I wanted to test that the store was working with a cheap purchase. Played it out of curiosity and three minutes later I have the platinum and instant regret as I realised just how underwhelming it felt. Wish I could scrub it from my list but at least it serves as a reminder to never do it again!

• Like 1

Honestly didn’t expect to be on the leaderboards, and the year is still too young to say I’ll remain, but I’m pleasantly surprised. I just wanted to make a quick update to my list to add some more PS+ games I plan to play before they leave the service. (AFAIK Saints Row is the only game with a deadline on my list.) I’m also adding Hogwarts Legacy; I have an inkling the game will utterly consume me this month..  Most of my recent gaming has been in Back 4 Blood, a game I contemplated adding to my list when I initially signed up but wasn’t confident I’d complete. If I still have yet to finish it by April, I’ll add it then. 

New Additions

1. Child of Light 
  2. Deathloop 
  3. Hogwarts Legacy 
  4. Omno 
  5. Saints Row: The Third 
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RPGelement said:

Count me in, this looks like fun. Wish I would have started in Jan, but better now than later.

Elden Ring - 25% Completed

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - 21% Completed

The Outer Worlds - 4% Completed

Dragon Quest Builders - 3% Completed

Star Ocean: The Divine Force - 26% Completed

Rogue Galaxy - 5% Completed

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - 21% Completed

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - 13% Completed

Mount & Blade: Warband - 68% Completed

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - 14% Completed

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 30% Completed

Rust - 17% Completed

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - 12% Completed

Dying Light 2: Stay Human - 14% Completed

Spyro the Dragon - 33% Completed

Subnautica: Below Zero - 20% Completed

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 23% Completed

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory - 30% Completed

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - 55% Completed

Outward - 8% Completed

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - 69% Completed

Welcome in! The year is still young and there are plenty of games to play. You have been added to the leaderboard on the first page.

• Like 1

Completed The Medium - was trying to make it my second Jan game but was too slow.

It is a weird game as everything it does it feels like another game did it better. Though I did like the split screen concept, it wasn't really used in a meaningful way. Also, Phantom glitched on me, prompting a restart.

Another thing that irked me and *spoilers*

games can end ambiguously and do it well, Returnal for example did it just fine because its' story (or lack of one) lends itself to that. Here, it just seems The Medium wasn't brave enough to make a choice and left it unsaid to see if there was enough favor for the game to prompt a sequel/spin-off.

Needless to say, I am glad I got it semi-free from 'ps extra' as paying more than $20 for it would have pissed me off.

In other news, finally went back to Dead Space. Haven't played it since 2011 hot off completing Bioshock and just couldn't get into it. Currently on Ch.7 of 12 and liking it a whole lot more than I did the first time around. See if that holds out when I have to dive back in for the Impossible run

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 6:10 AM, BlazzingWind said:

@InfinateEternity welcome to the event! The first month that you join is your grace period, where if you don't get a game done that is perfectly fine. So for you, your official month would be March (So no stress!)

Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'll keep that in mind! I promise that my next post will have some games completed. But, for now, I'd like to go ahead and add a few games to my list in light of needing to complete Knockout City before the game ends service on June 6th. The other 4 I've added in order to bring my total to an even 40 games so that things are easier for me to keep track of numerically.

New Additions:

36. Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (0%)

37. Altered Beast (28%)

38. Knockout City (2%)

39. Autumn's Journey (0%)

40. Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder (0%)

• Like 2

I completed my monthly game yesterday with the Grim Fandango Remastered platinum and also platted Cave Digger: Riches today (not included in the comp). So a good start to the month clearing the backlog. ?

EDIT: Life Is Strange finished as well now but that'll probably be my last contest plat for the month because that was the last of my 33%+ titles allowed and I've got other games to finish before i start on the low percentages.

Edited by Ode2Destruxion
  • Like 2

January

Immortals Fenyx Rising 64% :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

February

Metro Exodus (73%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

6. Final Fantasy XIII (60%)

7. Monster Hunter World (71%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

9. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

10. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

11. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

12. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

14. Fallout 3 (4%) 

15. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

Finally done with Metro Exodus, I didn't like it the first playthrough and definitely didn't like it by the 3rd playthrough. Thank god that's over. Hopefully next game I find is a bit more enjoyable 

• Like 1

Update 2! Finished Uncharted 1 remastered.

Completed games:

What Remains of Edith Finch (January)

Uncharted 1 Remastered (February)

Remaining list (Posting here so I have something easy to come back and edit! Only including updates from last time in bold):

1. Hitman Contracts
  2. Super Stardust HD
  3. Malicious 
  4. Lego Harry Potter 1-4 
  5. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  6. Astro Bot Rescue Mission, 0% -> 5%
  7. Here They Lie
  8. The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
  9. Paper Beast
  10. Moss
  11. Thumper
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Superheavynova said:

Would it be possible to sign up still? I was in last years challenge, but eventually stopped. I’d love to try again if possible?

Always room and time to sign up! As of now, you would need a list of at least 11 games to participate.

1 hour ago, KillerUni12 said:

Update 2! Finished Uncharted 1 remastered.

Completed games:

What Remains of Edith Finch (January)

Uncharted 1 Remastered (February)

Remaining list (Posting here so I have something easy to come back and edit! Only including updates from last time in bold):

1. Hitman Contracts
  2. Super Stardust HD
  3. Malicious 
  4. Lego Harry Potter 1-4 
  5. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  6. Astro Bot Rescue Mission, 0% -> 5%
  7. Here They Lie
  8. The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
  9. Paper Beast
  10. Moss
  11. Thumper

Congrats on finishing U1 Remastered. How were the 'speed' trophies? Honestly they are what is holding me back from going to them again.

8 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Congrats on finishing U1 Remastered. How were the 'speed' trophies? Honestly they are what is holding me back from going to them again.

They weren't too bad - the game was super front-loaded in times of playtime. I think I hit an hour around chapter 5 or 6 and considered restarting. But, I found this thread over on PST and decided to push through and came in right at the buzzer. The hardest part is just immediately knowing what to do for climbing puzzles/when you can just run by most of the enemies. But you can restart checkpoints and it resets your timer. I'd usually run through and figure out the puzzle, then reset and do it as quickly as possible. As far as speed runs go, this one was pretty forgiving.

• Like 1

Alright here’s my list if WWE 2k22 is too high in percentage just let me know I’ll remove it. Included it only because I’m working on it at the moment. 

Psychonauts 

God of War (2018)

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Need for Speed 

Horizon Zero Dawn

Medievil

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

The Amazing Spider-man 2

Wwe 2k22

Madden 23

The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice 

Hitman Absolution 

Sly Cooper And The Thievius Raccoonus

Duke Nukem Forever 

Mass Effect

• Like 1

@BlazzingWind I signed up for the Spring Backlog event and have some games on my list there that I haven’t got on my list here, so I would like to add:

Agatha Christie’s The ABC Murders

- Gone Home

- Last Day of June

- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 1 - The Penal Zone

- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 2 - The Tomb of Sammun-Mak

- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 3 - They Stole Max’s Brain

- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 4 - Beyonfd the Alley of the Dolls

- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 5 - The City That Dares Not Sleep

The Turing Test

These games are all at 0%

Edited by Hurricane_Tanya
  • Like 1

Finished Ghost Recon Breakpoint, a fairly enjoyable game when playing in co-op, however its a broken buggy mess and is not a patch on Wildlands.

1)Telling Lies (12%) Completed (1pt)

2)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (13%)

3)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%)

4)Last Stop (7%)

5)Escape Academy (0%)

6)Road 96 (0%)

7)Stray (0%)

8)Deliver Us The Moon (0%)

9)Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (0%)

10)Far Cry 3 (0%)

11)Full Throttle (0%)

12)Man Eater (0%)

13)Batman: The Telltale Series (0%)

14)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%) (removing in April)

15)Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (44%)

16)Minecraft: Story Mode (20%)

17)Maquette (0%)

I will add the following games

• Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (0%)
  • Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry (0%)
  • MediEvil (0%)
  • Like 1

February Update #1

New Games:
- Hogwrats Legacy

Completed List:

1. January

DJMax Technika Tune :platinum:

2. February

DJMax Respect :platinum:

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone DX :platinum:

Backlog:

1. Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

2. Deemo Reborn

3. Hatsune Miku VR

4. Hogwrats Legacy

5. L.A. Noire

6. Orgarhythm

7. Overcooked

8. Overcooked: All You Can Eat

9. Persona 4 Golden

10. Persona 5 Royal

11. Superbeat: Xonic

12. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

13. Valkyria Chronicles 4

• Like 1

January Completion

Demon's Souls (PS5)  :platinum: January 29th, 2023

February Completion

Catherine: Full Body :platinum: February 3, 2023

Finished my first platinum in February and managed to make it my 10,000th trophy while I was at it. The story and gameplay are a lot of fun but the grind on a few of these trophies drags the whole experience down. It's a great game to play but a nightmare to complete.

I'd also like to add 2 more games to my list: Jump King (0%) and PowerWash Simulator (12%)

Active Neurons 2 - 29%

Ape Escape - 57%

Bleed - 0%

Deadbolt - 0%

Death Squared - 0%

Demon's Souls (PS3) - 1% (Will be played over two months after PS5 version)

Dirt 5 - 13%

Disco Elysium - 0%

Full Throttle - 0%

God of War Chains of Olympus - 24%

God of War: Ragnarok - 21%

Hot Wheel: Unleashed - 11%

L A Noire - 20%

Prototype (PS4) - 0%

Rogue Legacy - 11%

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 0%

Sifu - 0%

Unravel 2 - 0%

Wuppo - 1%

Zero Time Dilemma - 14%

• Like 3

@BlazzingWind Getting gold on everything added at least 15 hours probably more before I finished and without being able to fully tune out and watch something while doing it made it even worse. For the Babel stages I didn't have too much issues on the first two and did them with one controller, the third stage I needed the second controller as I was not even getting near the end, it took a while but I always felt I was getting closer, honestly I think I just got really lucky and when I beat it I was just blessed by RNG. The final stage was awful though, never came close to doing it by actually trying to solve it, I ended up getting to a point where I'd climb up the first 10 or 20 steps quickly so I had some room from the bottom and pushed every block off until there was only one block to climb and every time more blocks fell only a few would connect to anything and I'd just do it again, maybe two blocks if it connected nicely. Around the last 5-10 blocks needed to climb I let it expand so I could actually arrange blocks to reach the end and still needed to take a picture to have enough time to find a path to the end.

If you managed it on the PS3 it should be easier for you if you ever go back for this version as you get three uses of the item that lets you jump two blocks giving you a little margin of error.

• Like 2

Well, I'm close to meeting my first quota. Ape Escape is done long ago and I have hit 61% in LEGO Marvel Avengers, knocking out all the bullhocky DLC trophies early as well as all the free play modes. Ultron Undone, the final level, was the most bulldooky level to 100% because of the last part, where you are at the Last Stand. Scarlet Witch will activate her powers thrice, and if you fail to get the Stan Lee in peril and the final minikits before that third timer ends, well, it's a reset as it switches to a quick-time event and the level ends. I had to do this several times as once I actually missed the last minikit(the one requiring you to dig up three piles of dirt, somehow I didn't collect the minikit but the next time is just popped) and you have to put out fires AND melt ice to free the Stan Lee... in five seconds. ?

At least I found an exploit where you can use Iron Man to blow up a tapestry which builds into a pad that Quicksilver can use to grab a minikit. Oh yeah, you have to do that too. There is no human way to get all three of these collectibles before the level timer ends and you are forced into the quick-time event so you have to redo this part. Thankfully you can start from that point. Why the next LEGO Marvel, Marvel Superheroes 2, did not have points of entry is beyond me. :(

Anyways, try to start the hub quests but the game crashed on me. *sigh* Next time then.

• Like 1

I 100% Tales of Arise, while this Tales of isn't in my top 3 I still really enjoyed the time I had with it, its nice to see them improve after what a mess Tales of Zestiria was. They have done away with a lot of the tedious dungeons that they have had in previous Tales of which I appreciate. Also except for 1 area in the game no items/ future important things are missable I didnt realize how much I appreciate this being able to go, "I'll do that sidequest later" and not have to work about it being locked off to me later.

• Like 2

Thanks, @BlazzingWind! It's much appreciated! I actually got a second game completed a few days after the one you've already got marked down for me. So, here's my total for the challenge, as far as I'm aware. Hopefully, I'll have more to come. I would write more about these games, but, really, there's not really much I can say about either of them other than they were very cliche-ridden and not the greatest story-wise. (If someone really wants to know my thoughts about Persian Nights, check out this post from the Kaleidoscope Challenge). But, I'm glad I got them done off my backlog, and they worked for other PSNP challenges, so it's a win-win, and brings me down to 38 games remaining on my list.

February

Game #

Game Name

Point Value

Autumn’s Journey

Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders

Total Points: 1.5

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 4:25 PM, Superheavynova said:

Question I just bought a PS5 would I be able to add games to my list?

You can add games to your list at any time as long as they are below 33% completed (up to a maximum of 50 games), you can only remove games once during April and August.

Edited by BlazzingWind

Already at 73% in LEGO Marvel's Avengers, cleared out all of the minihubs so all I need to do now is clean up Manhattan, the major hub, of all collectibles then do some miscellaneous tasks to get the platinum. Still need 56 characters, 132 gold bricks, and rescue Stan Lee 13 more times. :)

• Like 1