Your Favourite Game That You Platinum'd in 2022

vVaIak-

16 hours ago, spingleFPS said:

That ONE trophy makes me want to rip my hair out xD, I have had a 4 win streak and then I lost, very sad times lmao 

I still have to give the game a go! Sometime I'll get round to playing it, it looks pretty awesome :D

There's almost no chance I'll ever get the Stardew Valley plat, but I still give the highest recommendation to the game even if you're pretty sure you won't get the plat. It's well worth the $14.99 and you can get it physically on PS4 for about $5 more if you want to go that route. 

As for my pick, probably Astro's Playroom. A great little game, for sure.

i guess I'll throw in Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, because the game is one of the GOAT. But that was an autopop plat, so it wouldn't be appropriate for my top pick. 

Like some others here, I'm going to cheat and give my top 5 plats of 2022. In no particular order:

Catherine

428 Shibuya Scramble

Nobody Saves the World

Stray

Trigger Witch

I had plenty of other good plats, but these are the 5 that immediately jumped out to me when scanning my list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moridin83 said:

Like some others here, I'm going to cheat and give my top 5 plats of 2022. In no particular order:

Catherine

428 Shibuya Scramble

Nobody Saves the World

Stray

Trigger Witch

I had plenty of other good plats, but these are the 5 that immediately jumped out to me when scanning my list.

Nobody Saves The World. You're a man (lady?) of taste. 

I need to go back to do the DLC. 

• Like 1

my favorite game that I got the platinum in 2022 is Final Fantasy IX.

it's always my favorite since I first played on PS1, and when the HD came out with trophies, I really want to get it.

but the problem is there was this 1 trophy that quite challenging which is Hail to the King (Jump rope 1000 times without tripping and obtain King of Jump Rope).

I played first on 15th Oct 2017 then played again on 27th May 2019, stopped and then played again on 11th Apr 2020 and finally played again on 22nd Sep 2022 to get the jump rope trophy. after a bit cleanup, I got the platinum on 29th Sep 2022 ?

• Like 2

Damn i´m actually platted a lot of good games in 2022 so i will drop my Top 10 in order

1. Hunt: Showdown (ultra addicting + intense Multiplayer, loved playing it with friends)

2. RogueCompany (also very fun Multiplayer shooter)

3. Back 4 Blood (Left4Dead were my childhood memories and this one was very fun too)

4. Slay the Spire (way more fun & addicting than expected)

5. Days Gone (Story + Gameplay were great, one of the best Playstation exclusives)

6. Borderlands 2 ( was my 2nd time i platted Borderlands 2 otherwise it would have been higher)

7. Rainbow Six Extraction (as an R6S Veteran the old movement + leaning was very fun)

8. Destiny 1 (the raids were ultra fun but so much unneccessary grind)

9. Dead Nation (very fun top down shooter)

10. PUBG (loved the game from day, even bought an xbox when it released earlier there just to play the game haha, but in 2022 it was mostly an cleanup of trophies)

and there isnt even space for other great games like Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hammerwatch, Fallout 4 etc. so yeah 2022 was a pretty good year gaming wise for me

Edited by Mavmathics
  • Like 2

Definitely Terraria. I played the demo a few years ago and didn't like it very much, I didn't think I would ever play it.
Then in 2022, my brother started playing it and honestly, it didn't look so bad anymore. The more he progressed, the more I wanted to join his game. We opened a multiplayer world and, boy oh boy, I'm glad my brother decided to play this gem! 300+ hours of fun, frustration, rage and satisfaction, this was absolutely the best game I played last year! :D 10/10, can't wait for Terraria 2 (if it ever happens)

• Like 1

Hands down my favorite platinum of the year was Yakuza: Like a Dragon! It was my first Yakuza game and I have gone on to acquire 0-6 and the 2 Judgement games - now I just need to make time to play them. ? It made me laugh and it tugged on the heartstrings too. The innumerable references to other games like Pokémon and Dragon Quest were amazing. The only downside was the post-game grind for the True Final Millennium Tower but I can definitely see myself going for the PS5 stack down the road. 

Runner Ups

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a truly great game that I deeply enjoyed, it has its foibles but if you stick with it, you will be more immersed in a game than ever before or at least I was. If you like historical fiction and RPGs, this game is for you. 

God of War: Ragnarok, this was my only game of 2022 that I got my hands (and thus I didn't reply to the other thread lol). I still miss the old combat style but they tell a hell of a story. Some the best voice acting in a game ever.

Hitman 3, the culmination of ioi's efforts the last several years into one globe trotting adventure truly worth the new moniker: "World of Assassination." I had a lot of fun completing challenges and taking targets out in a myriad different ways. I come back to it semi-frequntly to scratch the itch as I hunger for more - can't wait to see what ioi does with James Bond!

Edited by da-Noob123
Typos
  • Like 3

Going and looking back over the list there wasn't really anything that stands out too much. Probably Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth was the best as it was an enjoyable metroidvania, set after the 90s anime, but it had a similar problem to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (which I also plat'd in 2022) that you become too powerful by the ending of it. There were also just so many weapons to collect that weren't really different enough from another other than being slightly more damaging than the previous weapon with that moveset. Lodoss was also the first game I played on my new 4K TV and it was quite gorgeous, the soundtrack is also great. Other than all the weapons you have to collect for the plat, it doesn't overstay it's welcome by padding with too much busy work. Doing all the enemy farming for rare ingredients and crafting equipment and consumable for the plat was a LOT of busy work in Bloodstained.

Resistance 3 was also quite fun, though the Superhuman difficulty kind of soured me on the game a bit, as any area with Ghim zombies is pretty bullshit as they'll just randomly appear right in front of you in the infested areas. That's not much a big deal on lower difficulties, but when they swam there is not much you can do as they can randomly appear behind you in cleared areas too. The weapon upgrade system is basically the same as a lot of the later Ratchet & Clank games, use the weapon (it's primary or secondary fire) and eventually it will upgrade 2 more times with additional features.

• Like 1

Demon's souls

I wasn't a souls fan back then, so visiting it on PS5 was a blast. The graphics are 10/10. The bosses 10/10 The difficulty was brutal in all of the right ways. I recommend it for any trophy hunter trying to add some "sparkle" to their account 

• Like 2

Favourite game I played and platinum'ed in 2022 is probably Elden Ring. I love all the Souls games and this one is no exception. However the trophy list and platinum by extension is the typical From Software trophy list - Kill theses bosses, find these items. It speaks to the completionist in me, but I didn't find it that inspiring. Conclusion is I liked the game much more than trophies because the bosses were the challenges and the feel of accomplishment there overshadowed the rush of trophies lol. Although both of the new God of War games are also great contesters here.

However, my favourite platinum of 2022 is Astro's Playroom. I got a PS5 this year, and it was the first game I played on it. The different controller mechanics brought almost child like wonder. And many of the trophies had things like speed run these short passages (Which I do like contrary to when games want me to speed run the whole game) and also weird specific tasks, that are fun to do and feel like small challenges you would just do yourself while playing. If you have a PS5 and have not played it - you're missing out, It is one of best 2022 experiences

• Like 2

This question is an easy one for me as few of my Plats were worthy of acclaim but among them one truly stood out:

TMNT Cowabunga Collection (PS4 Version).

Sometimes, when you are my age (I'll be 43 on January 27th) all you want is some nostalgia. And this is regarded as the best retro collection of all time... and I agree. It's the first 13 TMNT games spanning the Arcade, NES, Game Boy, SNES and Genesis eras. With all the quality of life amenities one would expect and even more one wouldn't but still are the TMNT games of old.

One of the first games I ever beat as a kid was Fall of the Foot Clan on Game Boy and I also beat Tournament Fighters (NES version). I played extensively the first Arcade game and the first NES game, failing to defeat Shredder in both games back then. After all these years, I finally redeemed myself and also played what I missed along the way.

To top it off, one of my screenshots trends on Live from PlayStation: the trophy screenshot for Fall of the Foot Clan. The caption reads: "One of the first games I ever beat. Beaten again over 30 years later. What more could I ask for?" That sums up my thoughts and emotions in a nutshell - or half shell! TURTLE POWER!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...