PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

I'm experiencing really gnarly slowdowns in Medievil Resurrection. Sometimes the game literally runs in slow motion. Super noticeable right in the first level of Dan's Crypt but the slowdown pops up occasionally in most levels. Playing on PS4.

And, Dan can't always breathe fire with the Dragon Armour on, it seems he can do it when the game is laggy, but when it isn't nothing happens. This isn't supposed to be like this.

Edited by LilIelaps
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, LilIelaps said:

I'm experiencing really gnarly slowdowns in Medievil Resurrection. Sometimes the game literally runs in slow motion. Super noticeable right in the first level of Dan's Crypt but the slowdown pops up occasionally in most levels. Playing on PS4.

And, Dan can't always breathe fire with the Dragon Armour on, it seems he can do it when the game is laggy, but when it isn't nothing happens. This isn't supposed to be like this.

Passed both notes along.

For the trophy for completing all carnival games I’m guessing you have to do all 9 challenges for all 8 of the games? Unless carnival mini games are found elsewhere other than Gallowmere Plains?

Edit: I completed each carnival games first set of challenges and no trophy. I’m gonna assume the trophy is misleading and it means you have to get each token for all the carnival games. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

For the trophy for completing all carnival games I’m guessing you have to do all 9 challenges for all 8 of the games? Unless carnival mini games are found elsewhere other than Gallowmere Plains?

Edit: I completed each carnival games first set of challenges and no trophy. I’m gonna assume the trophy is misleading and it means you have to get each token for all the carnival games. 

Im wondering the same thing. I went around playing all carnival games multiple times, but the trophy didn't pop. If you have have to get every token, the trophy for getting 4 tokens is kind of pointless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blake__306 said:

Im wondering the same thing. I went around playing all carnival games multiple times, but the trophy didn't pop. If you have have to get every token, the trophy for getting 4 tokens is kind of pointless. 

This trophy is misleading, you don't need to try all CARNIVAL games but all GALLOWMERE LAND games, the two farmers outside the carnival had two minigames, try both minigames and the trophy is yours

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

I'm playing the PS4 version of the game and I can't win Dan the Dragon because the dragon armor doesn't spit fire.

Any advice?

The dragon armor is bugged af. I read somewhere that the game goes so fast that the fire doesn't come out. You need to play some level where it lags very hard and then it will let you spit fire. (Sorry for my english) 

9 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Hello, it shows as included in PS+ for me.

https://ibb.co/z2ykNS1

Above that it says "9,99€", which it didn't before because it was a Premium exclusive. You couldn't buy it before, you can buy it and own it now without having to subscribe to PS Plus.

Edited by Valtekken173

16 minutes ago, Goworo said:

The dragon armor is bugged af. I read somewhere that the game goes so fast that the fire doesn't come out. You need to play some level where it lags very hard and then it will let you spit fire. (Sorry for my english) 

I've tryed the last chamber of the asylum where it lag as fuck but it doesn't work, I'll try all levels again until i cant spit fire..

EDIT: Hilltop Museum work at the very beginning but only with X and not with Square for some reason

Edited by Unji-Most_380
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LilIelaps said:

I'd like to add that the PS4 version runs perfectly smooth on PS5 through backwards compatibility, while the native PS5 app has really bad framerate.

@jefXfree Hi, would it be possible to have a remap option on Ape Escape as well? The game has camera controls on the dpad, if the dpad is remapped to the right analog we could freely control camera while moving.

Also, for future releases, would it be possible to have an option included in the emulator side to remap buttons at our will on the second analog stick? the fact that PSP lacked a second analog lead to a lot of games having clunky solutions for camera controls, having an option to freely remap buttons would greatly improve our experience on a lot of games and on the other hand it would spare a bit of work for the emulator team, so that they don't need to patch them every time

The perfect solution would be something like what has been implemented on PSVita when playing backwards compatible PSP games as shown in this video:

Spoiler

so basically we'd have an option in the emulator (for any PSP game) we can bring up in the Options menu that can make us remap either the 4 dpad buttons or the 4 face buttons on the right analog. There was also an option (that was probably added later on, as I don't see it in this video) that made us remap L and R on the horizontal axis of the right analog, which could be useful for games that had camera controls on the shoulder buttons (like Daxter, that I hope will come someday :D)

Sorry for the long post and thanks for everything you've done so far, hopefully the team can look into this

10 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Hello, it shows as included in PS+ for me.

https://ibb.co/z2ykNS1

I think he's pointing out that the game has now a purchase option (amazing news btw ? )

29 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I'd like to add that the PS4 version runs perfectly smooth on PS5 through backwards compatibility, while the native PS5 app has really bad framerate.

I think it's been patched already, at least in europe. 1.01 PS5 app runs fine for me, while 1.00 was very choppy.

Edited by knackered968
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, jefXfree said:

Hello,

I'm assisting with the PlayStation Classics titles and wanted a single location for people to share any issues they run across.

I'll pass these issues along to the engineering team to see if we can address it, especially trophy issues.

Please note, some issues may be legacy so they may not get fixed.

Also, please note, I can't take requests to add titles to the release slate, I can't divulge which titles are coming, etc.

[PLEASE READ] Nothing that I say is on behalf of Sony, and I don't have permission to speak for Sony/PlayStation, etc.  My only aim is to collect information about bugs, and report back when they're fixed.

Thanks

Wanted to pass along a few quotes I read in the trophy thoughts thread for the Medievil game.

1 hour ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

I'm playing the PS4 version of the game and I can't win Dan the Dragon because the dragon armor doesn't spit fire.

Any advice?

43 minutes ago, blake__306 said:

37 minutes ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

This trophy is misleading, you don't need to try all CARNIVAL games but all GALLOWMERE LAND games, the two farmers outside the carnival had two minigames, try both minigames and the trophy is yours

23 minutes ago, Goworo said:

17 minutes ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

I've tryed the last chamber of the asylum where it lag as fuck but it doesn't work, I'll try all levels again until i cant spit fire..

EDIT: Hilltop Museum work at the very beginning but only with X and not with Square for some reason

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

I've got it on the Ghost ship level, when you are vs 4/5 skeletons. After the barrel section. It will not always spit fire.. Maybe it works for you too. 

Edit: If someone still having trouble with the 'Dan the Dragon" trophy i just got it on ps5 too with the 'Ghost Ship' level. Proof

Edited by Goworo

@jefXfree, I can move posts over directly or quote them to move them over for this thread when I spot them. I went ahead and moved the ones I quoted here earlier so you could see the result of it. 

Let me know your preference and I will do that going forward when reports come in.

If I move it from another thread, just keep in mind that it will keep the original timestamp of the post. So it may be easy to miss it when I merge them if you aren't paying attention to the thread when there's a large influx of reports.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Hey Beyond,

As long as the posts don't go a pages back in the thread i'll be fine. :)

I usually keep the thread open at all times, so i'm usually looking at it multiple times per day.

As for the other stuff mentioned above, i'll pass it all to the team and see what we can do.

• Like 2

Unlocked the firebreather armor and it seemed to work fine, but when I entered the next level it stopped working. Now I can’t seem to get the ‘Dan the Firebreather’ trophy.

Are there any known fixes? The only result on google claims it is an emulation issue

I can't get pass the Ruins because I can't throw the golems off the cliff because Dragon Armor doesn't spit fire. Any solution?

EDIT: I managed to defeat them using the hammer, I'll try the locations mentioned above in other comments to get the fire kill trophy.

Edited by MarkitzTR

Dan the Dragon Trophy:

Go to the Graveyard (Level 2) and rush to the breakable boulder and smash it and wait for all the zombies to fill up the screen. It lags the game so the fire comes out. Mess up in the emulation, but least it's got a work around. ?

6 hours ago, Digital-MooseMan said:

Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) - 1:1 aspect ratio is wrong.

However, with Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice, this option has been replaced with a Underscan setting which makes more sense. Will older PSP games be updated?

Would be nice if there was a toggle to display PS1 & PSP intro sequences before game starts…

What do you mean by the last line?

===Would be nice if there was a toggle to display PS1 & PSP intro sequences before game starts…

Just to make sure I understand before passing along the note.

• Like 1