PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

@jefXfree First off, I want to thank you and your team for the support you guys are giving to these classic games and for listening to our suggestions and issues.

There is one feature that I think would be a major improvement to the PSP games featured on the service and that would be re-enabling the Ad-Hoc multiplayer from the original systems onto the PS4 and PS5. Games such as Killzone: Liberation, Ape Academy 2, and Ridge Racer 2, would be able to benefit greatly from increased playability and Share Play could also be integrated with it. For example, Killzone's entire campaign can be played cooperatively through ad-hoc and Ridge Racer 2 allows racing against other players.

Also, one minor issue I've noticed is on the classics section of the North American PlayStation store Super Stardust Portable isn't listed together with the other classics.

Thank you!

• Like 2

I have an issue in Gravity Crash Portable. When I played it yesterday I noticed that when I use the rewind feature the map starts to disappear.  All the icons for the gems or enemies are visible but the map itself is gone and it makes it harder to navigate through the levels.

Edit: Oh and I played the PS5 version. Don't know if the bug appears on the ps4 version 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

I personally haven't had any issues with MediEvil: Resurrection on PS5, but I have heard that plenty of people have been having framerate issues across both PS4 and PS5. Not sure what the cause would be, though, so I must've just gotten lucky or something.

Edited by Zephrese

On 8/19/2023 at 11:00 AM, pavelbagirov said:

Hi. Have problem with Medievil Resurrection. Trophy: Leaders of the pack. I defeat boss and trophy not pop. Tried with and without cheats. Also tried when system on English language.

Tried today again. Changed language in the game and started from beginning,killed two wolves and again no trophy. Already finished game so don’t know how to pop this trophy

On 8/27/2023 at 12:04 AM, pavelbagirov said:

Tried today again. Changed language in the game and started from beginning,killed two wolves and again no trophy. Already finished game so don’t know how to pop this trophy

Hello,

I can pass notes along about Medievil Resurrection. Trophy: Leaders of the pack

But could you tell me which language you're playing on?
Which store did you purchase from?

3 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Hello,

It’s from Hong Kong psn store. Played game on English and also tried on other languages too. Also tried to play game on English with console language set to English 

8 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Hello,

Trophy finally popped for me. I just deleted all save files and all data and started again and when I killed boss I earned trophy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TowelFight said:

Ridge Racer Type 4 has a great deal of trouble maintaining a smooth frame rate at any aspect ratio apart from native resolution.

It gets worse as you go from native to 4:3 to Wide Stretch. This never occurred on the Vita, where it ran smoothly at any aspect ratio.

What version did you play? I played through the PS5 NTSC version and didn't notice the frame rate being unstable.

You could try switching to the retro video preset as a test. This reduces the uprendering resolution that the emulator is using so in theory should improve performance. It would be interesting if you noticed any improvement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andshrew said:

What version did you play? I played through the PS5 NTSC version and didn't notice the frame rate being unstable.

You could try switching to the retro video preset as a test. This reduces the uprendering resolution that the emulator is using so in theory should improve performance. It would be interesting if you noticed any improvement.

Same. Tried every combination of aspect ratio and video preset and found the only one to maintain a consistently smooth frame rate was native resolution, regardless of which preset was in use.

It almost feels more like a frame pacing problem than an issue with the frame rate, given the way it hurts my eyes in a manner similar to other games with noted frame pacing issues.

This is minor and completely avoidable, but in Echochrome, when using the Retro video preset and angling the camera in some ways in some levels, the visuals get some kind of weird effect where the scanlines become way thicker than they usually are and some kind of aura appears around the level and the mannequin's outlines. Turning off that preset solves the issue, of course.

• Like 2

@jefXfree

Could you ask them to check how the PS+ Premium entitlements to Tekken 2 and Mr Driller in the US region have been configured? It doesn't personally affect me, but I've read a number of people that are PS+ Premium subscribers in that region saying they are no longer able to add them to their library for free since these games were made purchasable last month.

To point them in the right direction I think they may have accidentally locked the ability to claim these via PS+ behind owning the PS3/PSP versions of these games. Looking at the data on the PS Store page I can see that both games are still included with PS+ Premium; in the case of Tekken 2 it appears to be currently configured like this:

If you subscribe to PS+ Premium then it entitles you to redeem SKU Id UP0700-CUSA33750_00-TEKKEN2000000000-U003. However to be eligible for this SKU Id you have to own UP0700-NPUJ00213_00-0000000000000001 (this is the PS3/PSP version of Tekken 2). I believe the PS+ entitlement should actually be attached to SKU Id UP0700-CUSA33750_00-TEKKEN2000000000-U004. Mr Driller is the same, the PS+ entitlement is attached to a SKU Id which requires you to own the PS3/PSP version of Mr Driller.

This may also affect other "America" region PS Stores; it doesn't seem to be a problem in the European regions.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, not sure if it was mentioned, but PSTV and Vita PSP emulators had the best feature to date - ability to map a combination of buttons to the right analog stick, especially in games that used X,O,Square,Triangle buttons as camera controls (or a combination of left analog stick plus triangle, or L + Analog stick, or d-pad). You could map any of those combinations to the right analog stick for it to be useful. Would love if this feature comes back as its especially useful in games like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Metal Gear for aiming and such.)

P.S. In all seriousness just last week we were able to play Killzone Liberation and number of other titles online through the use of multiple PSTV’s and PSP’s as clients, and PS3 as an adhoc host, and an app called Adhoc Party which uses PS3 as a way to bridge LAN networks across the globe. Sadly adhoc mode only supported 4 players, while i remember that Online Servers could hold 6 to 8 players. Anyway Would love for something like this to resurface on PS5 in software or any other form for people to be able to play all old PSP or PS1 titles online. 

Edited by GODFantomas
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

This is minor and completely avoidable, but in Echochrome, when using the Retro video preset and angling the camera in some ways in some levels, the visuals get some kind of weird effect where the scanlines become way thicker than they usually are and some kind of aura appears around the level and the mannequin's outlines. Turning off that preset solves the issue, of course.

Which Country/SKU and Language are you playing in?

32 minutes ago, knackered968 said:

Just booted Ape Escape P and I saw the control section with all the possible combinations, even L + Analog which is super useful for some games, this is even better than the Vita emulator OMG

Thanks so much @jefXfree and the team, hopefully this will be featured in all the future games

:) 

Edited by jefXfree

@jefXfree Great job on the right stick control mapping! Would it be possible to add in the option to configure "the right stick to the left stick and have the left stick be mapped to the action buttons"? This control scheme could greatly benefit the Syphon Filter games and other shooter games for the PSP. 

Also, would it be possible to be able to map the L2 and R2 buttons to different actions since they go unused? Maybe at the least, make them act as other inputs for the L and R buttons. 

• Like 1