PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:12 PM, illninoese said:

The trophy list images for Ape Escape on the Loose are completely different for PS4 and PS5. It's even listed as Ape Escape P on the PS4 console and as OtL on PS5.

This sounds like you have your consoles set to two different languages, UK English on PS4 and US English on PS5 perhaps? You may want to check that as if so, then the trophy list is working correctly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VeldinX said:

This sounds like you have your consoles set to two different languages, UK English on PS4 and US English on PS5 perhaps? You may want to check that as if so, then the trophy list is working correctly.

Yes it's exactly this.

With the console language set to UK English you get Ape Escape P in the trophy list:

347d8a41-0227-4f4a-9ee6-fc279f0b6e76.png7D46A33670552A46CB190FA0DC90F5DCCC80E274

With it set to US English you get:

e5776cc5-99d9-427c-b369-f9ef09d13c58.png5982A91650BDB0D499BF375856A7B31B034C1D2B

• Like 2

7 hours ago, andshrew said:

Yes it's exactly this.

With the console language set to UK English you get Ape Escape P in the trophy list:

347d8a41-0227-4f4a-9ee6-fc279f0b6e76.png7D46A33670552A46CB190FA0DC90F5DCCC80E274

e5776cc5-99d9-427c-b369-f9ef09d13c58.png5982A91650BDB0D499BF375856A7B31B034C1D2B

That's a huge bummer. The UK artwork is so much better. Same with Killzone Liberation

• Like 2

So this isn't really an issue per se, more so confusion... I was just browsing the PSN store on my PS5 and noticed that Worms (the first game, PS1 version) is appearing as "free" for me. I only have PS+ Essential and it does still show the "upgrade" option next to free as well.

I've seen PS1 classics appear as "free" before when I've previously bought the PS3 versions, but I have no recollection of ever buying Worms on the PS3, I don't think it ever even got a PS1 classic on there? I believe I did buy the remake on PS3 though, could that be why?

I know I should just be like "oh cool, free game", but I'm genuinely confused on this. It still shows a price on the webstore while logged out.

3 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

So this isn't really an issue per se, more so confusion... I was just browsing the PSN store on my PS5 and noticed that Worms (the first game, PS1 version) is appearing as "free" for me. I only have PS+ Essential and it does still show the "upgrade" option next to free as well.

I've seen PS1 classics appear as "free" before when I've previously bought the PS3 versions, but I have no recollection of ever buying Worms on the PS3, I don't think it ever even got a PS1 classic on there? I believe I did buy the remake on PS3 though, could that be why?

I know I should just be like "oh cool, free game", but I'm genuinely confused on this. It still shows a price on the webstore while logged out.

Yes, if you own the Worms reboot on PS3 (released around 2009?) then that is what is currently entitling you to the PS1 version for free - at least in European regions. Whether it's a mistake or intentional I'm not sure... I won't complain though 😅.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, andshrew said:

Yes, if you own the Worms reboot on PS3 (released around 2009?) then that is what is currently entitling you to the PS1 version for free - at least in European regions. Whether it's a mistake or intentional I'm not sure... I won't complain though 😅.

Yeah, that's the reboot/remake I was referring to. Super weird that it entitles you to the PS1 version as it technically isn't the same game, but I ain't complaining either, lol. Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:00 AM, pavelbagirov said:

Hi. Have problem with Medievil Resurrection. Trophy: Leaders of the pack. I defeat boss and trophy not pop. Tried with and without cheats. Also tried when system on English language.

Which region and language are you playing in?

On 8/19/2023 at 10:47 AM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

haha. I'm not sure either... But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! :)

On 8/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, Axlfreire said:

I have Twisted Metal 1 (PSOne Classic) on PS3 and I got the upgrade to PS4/PS5. But I can't download it on PS3... 

I need help... Thanks.

PSN: Axlfreire

Region: US

You will have to reach out to Sony customer support for that request. I only deal with emulation production.

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

Hi all,

The trophy for defeating The Shark didn't unlock during my run, I tried beating the mission in Bounty mode but it still didn't unlock. I guess I'll have to do another run then.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Which game?

11 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Which region and language are you playing in?

haha. I'm not sure either... But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! :)

You will have to reach out to Sony customer support for that request. I only deal with emulation production.

Playing on russian account, english language,game is from asian ps premium because russian psn is closed around two years now.

I finished this level one more time today and still no trophy.

51 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Hey, I'm wondering if this game was supposed to have a platinum trophy? One of the trophies says you need to unlock all the trophies, but it's only gold. Just seeing if you could pass it on. 

I completed the PS3 version and the list was the same, only a gold trophy for unlocking all of the other trophies.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:56 PM, andshrew said:

Yes it's exactly this.

So do they change based on the time zone selection or if I have a ps+ Euro account, the Euro version will show up on my list?

@jefXfree Terribly sorry to bother, but I'm having a small issue with Ridge Racer 2: I purchased it a few minutes ago, but it isn't in my library anywhere and the PS Store doesn't offer a "Download" button, just a "Buy" button and a "Subscribe to Premium" button. I did receive the e-mail confirmation for the purchase and the funds for the purchase have been taken from my PSN Wallet balance, so the purchase definitely went through. Any ideas?

UPDATE: This morning I woke up and checked my library and the game was there, so I guess this was a false alarm. Sorry to have bothered you.

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Great addition, but you guys really need to give this a platinum. It isn't even a particularly difficult trigger, after all...just needs to be unlocked after every other trophy's been unlocked.

To my knowledge while the title, description, and image for a trophy can be changed in an update - the grade of an existing trophy cannot be changed, and a platinum trophy cannot be added as an extra trophy after a list is published either. Either way, if a list is ever formatted in a different way than usual for PS Classics (such as this one), it's likely is due to some kind of limitation (whether technical or not), otherwise they would have simply given it a platinum like most other games.

Just now, BlindMango said:

To my knowledge while the title, description, and image for a trophy can be changed in an update - the grade of an existing trophy cannot be changed, and a platinum trophy cannot be added as an extra trophy after a list is published either. Either way, if a list is ever formatted in a different way than usual for PS Classics (such as this one), it's likely is due to some kind of limitation (whether technical or not), otherwise they would have simply given it a platinum like most other games.

I personally think this was just a lazy copy paste job from the PS3 version (with the one online trophy removed). Let's hear from jefXfree if anything can be done about it, though. You never know.

13 hours ago, illninoese said:

So do they change based on the time zone selection or if I have a ps+ Euro account, the Euro version will show up on my list?

For the trophy list specifically they seem to automatically change it based on what your consoles system language is set to (on PS5 this is set via Settings -> System -> Language -> Console Language).

The artwork and game names you see when you view the PS5 Game Library Collection tab also seems to be influenced by this setting; but the actual game once in your Library Installed tab is not affected by this and will always match the region the game is from (so if I own Ape Escape P via a European PSN account then it will always display as Ape Escape P on the Installed games list regardless of what the Console Language is set to).

So on the trophy list and Game Library Collection tab you see artwork and game names based on what your Console Language is set to. On the Game Library Installed tab you see artwork and names based on the PSN region you bought the game from.

Hopefully that explanation makes sense...

On 7/19/2023 at 2:09 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Yep I did yesterday. Problem is, first I bought both TM 1 and 2 but my PS3 froze at checkout and same outcome. Money gone, no games. I thought it was due to the system freezing so I asked for a refund which I got.
But then I tried again on the Vita with just TM 1. It went through just fine and the “buy now” button changed to “download” but when I hit that the vita loads then nothing, no game. It’s not in my download list on any system but there’s a record of the purchase in my transaction history.

So yeah I already did the refund thing, I’d rather not do it again so soon, would prefer to have the game instead. Troubleshooting through support doesn’t help that’s why I thought maybe jefXfree knows the right team to contact. The problem seems to be on Sony’s end.

I just had this same problem a few days ago. Let me add my story here for posterity.

I logged into my PS3 and purchased Hot Shots Golf 2, Jumping Flash 2 (I'm sure it will be added to the PS4/PS5 catalog eventually), and Twisted Metal 2. This was all three items purchased in one transaction.

Here's where it starts getting weird…

1) The purchase confirmation screen provided download buttons for HSG2 and JF2, but not TM2. So I downloaded what I could.

2) I then go to my download list on the PS3 store. Only HSG2 is listed there.

3) I then go to Twisted Metal 2's product page on the PS3 store. No option to download, the $5.99 USD button is shown instead. I click the button, and get a (paraphrased) "Content cannot be purchased at this time" message.

4) I shut down the PS3 and log into the store on my Vita. Twisted Metal 2 shows the download button. When I click on the button, everything pauses for a moment (probably trying to connect to a server for validation somewhere), and then the product page just… refreshes. No download is ever started.

5) I shut down the Vita and log into my PS5. I get the two options like everyone else: Pay $9.99 USD or Upgrade to Premium. No download options.

6) On the PS5, I was able to download HSG2 without any issue.

Going to reach out to Sony Customer Support next about the unusable TM2 license.

Good luck to you all who are experiencing similar issues!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1