PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

Not sure if anyone here has had a different experience, but I tried purchasing Twisted Metal (psOne Classic) on my PS3 with the hopes that I'd be able to redeem it on PS4/5 as well.  After confirming the transaction on PS3, the store crashed, my wallet was charged, and I don't have access to the game anywhere.  Has anyone had success making purchases on PS3 in 2023?  Region is USA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob6605804 said:

Not sure if anyone here has had a different experience, but I tried purchasing Twisted Metal (psOne Classic) on my PS3 with the hopes that I'd be able to redeem it on PS4/5 as well.  After confirming the transaction on PS3, the store crashed, my wallet was charged, and I don't have access to the game anywhere.  Has anyone had success making purchases on PS3 in 2023?  Region is USA.

Based on recent posts here Twisted Metal seems to have its own issues in the US region store at the moment - people can't upgrade for free to the PS4/PS5 version, and people can't download the PS3/PSP version.

The issue of the PS3 store crashing when you make a purchase, completing the transaction but not actually entitling you to the thing you purchased does seem to be reasonably common problem. You have to contact support and ask them to refund the transaction. Purchases do still work (when the store doesn't crash), but I'd hold off on buying Twisted Metal again until it's own issues have been resolved.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, andshrew said:

Based on recent posts here Twisted Metal seems to have its own issues in the US region store at the moment - people can't upgrade for free to the PS4/PS5 version, and people can't download the PS3/PSP version.

The issue of the PS3 store crashing when you make a purchase, completing the transaction but not actually entitling you to the thing you purchased does seem to be reasonably common problem. You have to contact support and ask them to refund the transaction. Purchases do still work (when the store doesn't crash), but I'd hold off on buying Twisted Metal again until it's own issues have been resolved.  

And it only took 2 hours of arguing with customer support to get a refund.  😒

15 hours ago, Lapsus_GC said:

Syphon Filter 2 is crashing every time that i try "mission select".

Spanish PAL version.

I'll pass this along.

Just to make sure, are you on the latest patch?

7 hours ago, Laufeyson622 said:

Medievil Resurrection finally got a fix to its framerate problem.

🔥🔥🔥

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 1

The issue mentioned in the other post with Medievil Resurrection at least as I've seen it is your warriors won't or very very slowly damage the immortal enemies. So badly so I ran through at least 4 health bottles until death and barely killed 1 of the enemies meanwhile I'm running around like a mad man trying to keep my forces alive with the Anubis artifact. So something buggy is going on there and because you can't brute force the fight I'm stuck just short of the platinum.

Edited by greaterfiend00

1 hour ago, greaterfiend00 said:

The issue mentioned in the other post with Medievil Resurrection at least as I've seen it is your warriors won't or very very slowly damage the immortal enemies. So badly so I ran through at least 4 health bottles until death and barely killed 1 of the enemies meanwhile I'm running around like a mad man trying to keep my forces alive with the Anubis artifact. So something buggy is going on there and because you can't brute force the fight I'm stuck just short of the platinum.

You probably can't answer this, maybe you can... Does anyone know if this was also a problem on the PSP?

I can have the team look at it though.

9 hours ago, greaterfiend00 said:

yep, exactly this

10 hours ago, jefXfree said:

You probably can't answer this, maybe you can... Does anyone know if this was also a problem on the PSP?

I can have the team look at it though.

9 hours ago, greaterfiend00 said:

Unfortunately never owned the PSP version only knew of it and that I had played the original and 2 and that it was like a 1.5 kind of thing.

just to let you both know, the update fixed that as I just beat the soldiers on my first try since the update :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

just to let you both know, the update fixed that as I just beat the soldiers on my first try since the update :)

Awesome that's been a platinum I've been sitting on for a while now and was afraid to let this patch go through if it didn't address it and I'd be forced to use cheats to just grind the slow damage of my units.

With Medievil Resurrection not sure if its problem with the recent update or not.  But for the 'Winner Winner' trophy getting the 4 carnival tokens

i've gotten the 4 tokens and nothing has popped for me ☹️

update-  on the 5th token it decided to unlock for me

Edited by Laufeyson622

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 2:32 AM, IzunaGaiden said:

hi, during the first mission of the girls ( vixen ) after kill the 2 boat, my car out of under the map and my application make a error, i try 2 time with same issue, any solution please ? 

Hello @IzunaGaiden

Which game is this for?  The Mods likely moved your post here so I could pass it along to the team.

I'm glad they remembered to include some PS1/PSP games this month 😅 It's a good selection.

While I'm here... I'm once again asking could the five remaining PAL only games be patched to include the PAL/NTSC swap that every other release now has?

Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party

Toy Story 2 also still has the analog control bug similar to the Syphon Filter games.

Thanks 🤞

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, JoeNDM said:

IQ Final/Kurushi Final never came out in the US originally, right? Does that mean the US is getting the PAL version, or is this a previously-unreleased NTSC version?

A large portion if not the majority of the main text in the Japanese NTSC version is in English so they may just use that with the caveat not to dig too deep into some of the menus... presumably we'll get the PAL version regardless.

49 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

When we got ape academy 2 a while back(never had a ntsc release) what we got was the PAL version so more then likely were getting that.

Yeah, I remember that. PSP games are all 60hz though whereas PAL PS1 games are 50hz, plus the fact it's being referred to as IQ Final not Kurushi Final, made me wonder. Actually, thinking about it, if the JP version seems to have English text so I wonder if that's the version used.

No big deal either way, just be nice to have options other than the frame-blended PAL version is all :)