PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

2 hours ago, LilIelaps said:

This issue still persists. Claiming the games on my partner's PS5 and adding them to the library, and then downloading from the library on my PS4, worked and I am able to launch and play them. So the issue seems to be tied to specifically claiming the games using a premium account on the PS4 system storefront. (And again, UK store, if it matters).

Are you sure you have PS+ Premium and not PS+ Essential for the account in question?

What is the PSN ID that's having the issue?  LilIelaps seems to have Essential, not Premium.

21 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Are you sure you have PS+ Premium and not PS+ Essential for the account in question?

What is the PSN ID that's having the issue?  LilIelaps seems to have Essential, not Premium.

21 hours ago, jefXfree said:

The issue is with my partner's account, GothGirlMaxine which has premium.

7 minutes ago, LilIelaps said:

The issue is with my partner's account, GothGirlMaxine which has premium.

22 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Just hopping in here to say this is correct. My account is shared with my partner. I had to add the games to my account for her to be able to download them. If I didn't have a PS5, that would have meant we wouldn't be able to access the games as easily, unless adding them to the library in the web store works, but either way, this is a big issue that needs to be resolved for those who use PS4 consoles. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 11:11 AM, jefXfree said:

Hello,

I had the engineer test this (including on his personal PS4) and the trophy unlocked correctly.

You mentioned deleting 100% of your saves and it still doesn't unlock?

Hey yes I've deleted both the save game data and the game it's self and it won't unlock along with two other as well

11 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Hey,

Could you list out all 3 trophies?  I thought it was only the one.

Hey yes as I started the game the bold and strong trophy wouldn't unlock.. so I continue on with the games up until a test of execution which never unlock even though I've done it over a few different times... The 3rd one that won't unlock is Rewards of Careful Execution.. again something I've done multiple times and nothing thanks 🙏

Hot Shots Golf 2

On the NTSC version of the game, the audio is broken in the whole game as soon the title screen comes in after the Clap Hanz logo. On the other hand, the audio is fine in the PAL version.

Playing on the PS4 version in NA region and the game is in English

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Heads up as someone mentioned a potential issue that may arise for this release.

Apparently, Grandia requires player to boot the game from Disc 2 in order to play its content, you can't just start from Disc 1 as you will get prompted to insert disc 2 and reset the console.

Sadly I can't prove it myself since I never played Grandia on PS1 hardware, only PS Classic release on PS3, where I believe you could manually pick which disc to start the game with.

Considering how months back the issue with Legend of Dragoon transformation freezes were completely missed, I think you may want to confirm this before this gets media attention again.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 11:56 PM, TheSwordUserYT said:

Heads up as someone mentioned a potential issue that may arise for this release.

Apparently, Grandia requires player to boot the game from Disc 2 in order to play its content, you can't just start from Disc 1 as you will get prompted to insert disc 2 and reset the console.

Sadly I can't prove it myself since I never played Grandia on PS1 hardware, only PS Classic release on PS3, where I believe you could manually pick which disc to start the game with.

Considering how months back the issue with Legend of Dragoon transformation freezes were completely missed, I think you may want to confirm this before this gets media attention again.

Sorry, where did you pull this BS from? Lol. This is not true at all in the slightest.

Disc 1 is Disc 1, Disc 2 is Disc 2 like many other multi-disc RPGs. Please don't spread misinformation.

Source: I own this game physically

Since I'm posting in this thread, friendly reminder that Twisted Metal 1 & 2 are still broken on PS3/Vita, you can literally not buy TM2 anymore on legacy platforms since it came out on PS4/PS5.

Edited by demibear
  • Like 1

The information brought by TheSwordUserYT is correct. At the end of disc 1, the game will save. To proceed, you must start the game on disc 2 and load the save. There is no disc swapping during gameplay.

However, I believe that this release will be the same one that came to Nintendo Switch, and it is already available in the store as recently announced. It will not use Sony's PS1 emulator.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcioAP1 said:

However, I believe that this release will be the same one that came to Nintendo Switch, and it is already available in the store as recently announced. It will not use Sony's PS1 emulator.

Few things about PSN listing

It has Grandia logo, and not Grandia HD Remaster logo.
All screens are 4:3, whereas HD remaster on switch supports widescreen.
HD remaster seems to display different, higher res font.
There may be differences in sprites and filtering used but I don't have enough competence to analyze those.

I'm carefully optimistic about this not having game breaking issues and that it has trophy support as well.

Edited by TheSwordUserYT

5 hours ago, MarcioAP1 said:

The information brought by TheSwordUserYT is correct. At the end of disc 1, the game will save. To proceed, you must start the game on disc 2 and load the save. There is no disc swapping during gameplay.

I apologize to @TheSwordUserYT, I misunderstood their post. You are correct, Grandia does force you to put in the correct disc to continue playing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

It has Grandia logo, and not Grandia HD Remaster logo.
All screens are 4:3, whereas HD remaster on switch supports widescreen.
HD remaster seems to display different, higher res font.
There may be differences in sprites and filtering used but I don't have enough competence to analyze those.

Indeed, this release is a version emulated by Sony. I found this very strange considering that a superior version exists in the form of the HD Remaster as you described.

3 hours ago, andshrew said:

They've made a Change Disc function available in the menu for the version of the emulator used by Grandia, so that should alleviate any concerns about potentially getting stuck at the end of disc 1.

Interesting information. Thanks.

19 hours ago, demibear said:

Since I'm posting in this thread, friendly reminder that Twisted Metal 1 & 2 are still broken on PS3/Vita, you can literally not buy TM2 anymore on legacy platforms since it came out on PS4/PS5.

That's a shame. I bought the games on the PS3 hoping to be able to download them on the new platforms and had to ask for a refund. This problem has existed since the games were released on PS4/5 and has not been resolved to this day.

Could anyone who has Jet Moto on PS3 confirm if the game show as free to redeem on PS4/5?

30 minutes ago, MarcioAP1 said:

Indeed, this release is a version emulated by Sony. I found this very strange considering that a superior version exists in the form of the HD Remaster as you described.

IIRC, the GungHo Entertainment CEO was pretty adamant about the Grandia 1&2 HD Collection coming only to Switch and didn't provide much of a reason why.

19 minutes ago, Duck_mann86 said:

Might be a small error but the Home screen for Jet Moto uses the PAL logo and name "Jet Rider" instead of "Jet Moto" Image

Yeah there seems to be a bit of a mix-up with this game. On the PAL PS Store it’s listed under its American title. Seems the regions/titles are getting jumbled up. 

• Like 1