PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

On 10/11/2023 at 7:37 PM, andshrew said:

I'm glad they remembered to include some PS1/PSP games this month 😅 It's a good selection.

While I'm here... I'm once again asking could the five remaining PAL only games be patched to include the PAL/NTSC swap that every other release now has?

Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party

Toy Story 2 also still has the analog control bug similar to the Syphon Filter games.

Thanks 🤞

I see that Worms World Party has just been patched to not only add the NTSC/PAL swap but also add an option to disable the PAL frame blending.

Wow! This is great, thanks @jefXfree!

• Like 4

Yesterday I bought Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and played it on my PS5. Unfortunately I quickly realized, that the version I received (I live in Germany by the way) was the censored European version, which is heavily cut. For those who are interested in what is missing, take a look at this: https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4033

Here is my question: Would it be possible to include the NTSC-Version in a future patch, like in the emulation for Ape Escape? And that you can freely choose which version you like to play via the emulation menu? That would be an absolutely great addition!

Wait, did the latest Medievil Resurrection update bring the framerate down to 30 fps? I've briefly tried it on release and I'm 100% sure it was 60 fps, now I've downloaded it to play during halloween days but it's 30 fps and I recall reading it received a patch that fixed some bugs in the meantime.

EDIT: Yes it was definitely 60 fps on release:

Edited by knackered968

On 10/11/2023 at 10:54 PM, JoeNDM said:

Yeah, I remember that. PSP games are all 60hz though whereas PAL PS1 games are 50hz, plus the fact it's being referred to as IQ Final not Kurushi Final, made me wonder. Actually, thinking about it, if the JP version seems to have English text so I wonder if that's the version used.

No big deal either way, just be nice to have options other than the frame-blended PAL version is all :)

The version which is up on the European PSN now only has the PAL version included, but it does at least have the new option to toggle frame blending off. It looks like the US release will be the same as this.

@jefXfreeis there any chance they could add in the Japanese NTSC version for Kurushi Final so that there is still an NTSC an option in the European/American releases, given that a bulk of the text in that version of the game is already in English? Perhaps still default it to loading the PAL version and add a caveat on the store page saying the NTSC version is not 100% English due to the original never receiving a North American release.

I am unable to download Tekken 6 and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. The account I'm using has premium, and the other new classics, Ape Academy and Kurushi Final, downloaded fine. When attempting to download Tekken 6 or Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny however, I get to following error message:

"This item is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus members. Sign up today and take full advantage of your PS4. (WS-46332-8)"

PS4, UK region store, and as mentioned the account has premium and other classics downloaded fine.

• 2 weeks later...

@jefXfree

Great work seeing someone listening to the fans and implementing requested features. Makes me hopeful for the future! 

If I may, I'd like to offer some words of encouragement and concern to pass along and motivate (the team at) Sony:

People love Playstation, we love trophies,  we like to play your games and we like to pay for great services. It's a weird situation then when illegal means can be used to, in some sense, vastly improve older games and offer a definitive experience with users being able to fine-tune a myriad of aspects. I'm not even asking for mod-support, fan translations and patches, internal uprendering or wobble-fixing - all of these would be nice; just asking for parity with the original console versions for now - that includes performance and the selection of titles.

Why should you care, though? These are just old titles only nerds are into, right? 

Well, with a little effort you can get free PR. And I'd like to imagine a kind of ripple effect: if you don't care about your legacy, why would we as loyal customers assume you care about the current stuff - in a few years, or even now? It's about building and maintaining your loyal fanbase's trust. Just make "for the players" mean something again. Elevate games to art, help archive them... I know I'm getting carried away. 

Bottom line: Where's the money in this? I don't think the costs to implement improvements are huge and there might be a decent audience - one you can grow even. 

Why would anyone choose an emulator on PC when he could have a perfect experience, officially endorsed, with trophies tracking one's life in gaming? I really think no developer should have to pay extra to include trophies in their games. Set someone aside to help implement this - it's free money and advertisement! 

Also it would be lovely to have multiplayer in supported games. There must also be ways to implement "virtual' couch co-op. I know some emulators can do this already. How cool would it be for Sony to one-up them and enhance the experience with leaderboards and tracking?

Lastly, please add proper digital cases with covers and manual scans (and supplementary material)... 

And add the emulator's ability to map the right stick to the accesibility menu's custom button assignments. That way, there's a workaround for games like Ape Escape On the Loose (akward inverted controls!) (and while we're at it, add a invert x/y axis option for the right stick in the emulator). Heck, just let me remap buttons in all classic games. These games had some really awkward control schemes sometimes. L3 and R3 aren't used in Syphon Filter. Why not let me toggle crouch with one of them?

I think if everyone could see how much you still care about your legacy titles, sales could improve, you could gauge people's interest in dormant franchises and even use these metrics to revive some of them...

Edited by Cashaddi
  • Like 1

Not sure if this was intentional, but I thought I'd share just in case.

In Twisted Metal 2, I did not earn Rematch Thwarted in Lava when defeating Minion on Easy Mode specifically (unlocked after I did it on medium). I understand you get a big ole nasty stop sign after that fight, but I would have guessed that the trophy would have popped anyways for fulfilling the requirements? That, or maybe the description is a bit deceptive... Regardless, thought I'd report just in case!

On 10/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, austin989898 said:

[APE ESCAPE ACADEMY]

the bold and strong trophy will not unlock I've deleted data tried multiple times replaying.. and nothing but I've got the trophy for beating him

Which region and language are you playing in?

On 10/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Not sure if this was intentional, but I thought I'd share just in case.

In Twisted Metal 2, I did not earn Rematch Thwarted in Lava when defeating Minion on Easy Mode specifically (unlocked after I did it on medium). I understand you get a big ole nasty stop sign after that fight, but I would have guessed that the trophy would have popped anyways for fulfilling the requirements? That, or maybe the description is a bit deceptive... Regardless, thought I'd report just in case!

Which region and language are you playing in?

Edited by jefXfree

21 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

NA/US region on English version (PS4 version via streaming on PS premium).

Thanks!

Hello,

I had the engineer test this (including on his personal PS4) and the trophy unlocked correctly.

You mentioned deleting 100% of your saves and it still doesn't unlock?

1 hour ago, jefXfree said:

Hello,

I had the engineer test this (including on his personal PS4) and the trophy unlocked correctly.

You mentioned deleting 100% of your saves and it still doesn't unlock?

No, I just played it on medium afterwards on the same file thinking it needed to be on medium difficulty, and it unlocked that way. No deleting of my save required. 

• Like 1

I don't know when this changed, but when this just launched, if I pressed the options button to get the "emulator" menu, it would provide a rewind point for that exact moment. So if I would save, it would save that exact moment. Nowadays, that's no longer the case. It creates rewind points every 10 (?) seconds and will not create a rewind point for that exact moment. So when you save, it saves the last rewind point. Does it make sense what I am trying to say?

Is it possible to revert this to the original?

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, LilIelaps said:

I am unable to download Tekken 6 and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. The account I'm using has premium, and the other new classics, Ape Academy and Kurushi Final, downloaded fine. When attempting to download Tekken 6 or Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny however, I get to following error message:

"This item is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus members. Sign up today and take full advantage of your PS4. (WS-46332-8)"

PS4, UK region store, and as mentioned the account has premium and other classics downloaded fine.

This issue still persists. Claiming the games on my partner's PS5 and adding them to the library, and then downloading from the library on my PS4, worked and I am able to launch and play them. So the issue seems to be tied to specifically claiming the games using a premium account on the PS4 system storefront. (And again, UK store, if it matters).

Edited by LilIelaps