Guide Writer's Headquarters

1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

Not sure, if this is the correct place, but all trophies in these two guides should be tagged as unattainable. Servers shut down three years ago :D

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/230-playstation-home-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/425-playstation-home-trophy-guide

Thank you for letting us know. I have updated both of these trophy guides accordingly.

On 3/12/2014 at 7:07 PM, itzzh3lixx said:
  • Escape Dead Island
  • Pyre

These games now have a guide.

On 3/12/2014 at 7:07 PM, itzzh3lixx said:

There's a new section in the Guide Manual, called Known Bugs & How to Fix/Avoid Them. Could you add that to the list too?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

i decided to do a few PS3 titles myself (out of sheer boredom), Escape Dead Island just got published now I am finishing up Deep Black then Escape Dead Island Underground Labs, Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner and Hunted Demon's Forge. I might also do the Lords of Shadow series (minus the ones that have been done already) along with Damage Inc and Zombie Army Trilogy, but those are maybes.

EDIT:

Deep Black and Escape Dead Island Underwater Labs published.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have a question regarding tables if anyone could help. I'd like to make a small table, similar to these in the Tales of Hearts guide ( example ). However, I can't figure out how to center the table? I can center the elements within the table just fine, but not the table itself and it looks ugly on the left side of the page.

6 hours ago, Xillia said:

Hey I have a question regarding tables if anyone could help. I'd like to make a small table, similar to these in the Tales of Hearts guide ( example ). However, I can't figure out how to center the table? I can center the elements within the table just fine, but not the table itself and it looks ugly on the left side of the page.

This used to be easier, but for now you'll have to press the code view button in the edit toolbar and you'll see something like this when your table code starts:

<table style="width:283px;">
    <thead>
        <tr>

You'll simply want to add the following:

<table align="center" style="width:283px;">
    <thead>
        <tr>

After that you may have to go back to regular view, then save the changes, then refresh the page to see the change. Lemme know if that does it :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

This used to be easier, but for now you'll have to press the code view button in the edit toolbar and you'll see something like this when your table code starts:

<table style="width:283px;">
    <thead>
        <tr>

You'll simply want to add the following:

<table align="center" style="width:283px;">
    <thead>
        <tr>

After that you may have to go back to regular view, then save the changes, then refresh the page to see the change. Lemme know if that does it :P 

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

• Like 1

I'm currently writing a guide, and I have posted a YouTube link to some levels, and below the links I have written a detailed explanation and analysis of the level and the players' methods. Some of the videos are merely gameplay and really could do with some elaboration... but 2 of the videos have commentary and explain themselves very well... one of which is by me anyway.

My question: while I understand a guide should have as much detail as possible, do I still have to write a critical explanation of every step if the player puts guiding commentary over their video? If I did, I would more or less be repeating what one could hear from watching the video... especially if the video is made and commentated by me. 

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

My question: while I understand a guide should have as much detail as possible, do I still have to write a critical explanation of every step if the player puts guiding commentary over their video? If I did, I would more or less be repeating what one could hear from watching the video... especially if the video is made and commentated by me. 

Yes, you should. Not everyone likes to watch video (also some can't for different reasons) for different reasons. 

And if you just want to check something quickly, text is a better way to get the information.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

I'm currently writing a guide, and I have posted a YouTube link to some levels, and below the links I have written a detailed explanation and analysis of the level and the players' methods. Some of the videos are merely gameplay and really could do with some elaboration... but 2 of the videos have commentary and explain themselves very well... one of which is by me anyway.

So the minimum we require if you put in a video guide is to still put text above it which introduces what the trophy is, what the official description means, and which answers any general important questions the reader may have. Then go into introducing what the video is about and so on.

Basically you don't have to have a full blown text guide above the video if you have a video guide for it, but some people like that, so it's your call there. But yes, you do need that paragraph above the video introducing and explaining the important stuff. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yes, you should. Not everyone likes to watch video (also some can't for different reasons) for different reasons. 

And if you just want to check something quickly, text is a better way to get the information.

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

So the minimum we require if you put in a video guide is to still put text above it which introduces what the trophy is, what the official description means, and which answers any general important questions the reader may have. Then go into introducing what the video is about and so on.

Basically you don't have to have a full blown text guide above the video if you have a video guide for it, but some people like that, so it's your call there. But yes, you do need that paragraph above the video introducing and explaining the important stuff. :) 

Thank you for your answers, the guide has just been submitted. BlindMango, I unfortunately didn't see your response before submitting the review, and I pretty much wrote a full blown text for every round of every level that requires a YouTube video... the guide has just been submitted and contains more than 12k words, sorry for whichever moderator has to read all of it. But then, I wanted to make sure that even the most confused person whose never heard of the game might have a chance of understanding what I'm saying, so I listed even the simplest information about every micro-aspect of the game.  

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 1:01 AM, Midnightwards666 said:

Thank you for your answers, the guide has just been submitted. BlindMango, I unfortunately didn't see your response before submitting the review, and I pretty much wrote a full blown text for every round of every level that requires a YouTube video... the guide has just been submitted and contains more than 12k words, sorry for whichever moderator has to read all of it. But then, I wanted to make sure that even the most confused person whose never heard of the game might have a chance of understanding what I'm saying, so I listed even the simplest information about every micro-aspect of the game.  

Impressive guide :yay: .

It's better to have too much info than too little, as removing something takes far less effort than replaying a game to refresh the memory.

• Like 2

Sorry i don't know if this is the right place to ask that, but anyway...

The user marccap has a guide for the PS4 version of FIFA 17, great guide by the way.

I would like to write a guide for the PS3 version of FIFA 17 since the trophies for these versions have some diferences (the PS3 version doesn't have The Journey and Pro Clubs for example), But when i were about to create the guide i realized that the PS4 guide is also attached in the PS3 version, could any admin fix this problem or give me a solution?

19 minutes ago, Yuri_Fantasy said:

Sorry i don't know if this is the right place to ask that, but anyway...

The user marccap has a guide for the PS4 version of FIFA 17, great guide by the way.

I would like to write a guide for the PS3 version of FIFA 17 since the trophies for these versions have some diferences (the PS3 version doesn't have The Journey and Pro Clubs for example), But when i were about to create the guide i realized that the PS4 guide is also attached in the PS3 version, could any admin fix this problem or give me a solution?

That problem will fix itself once you finish your own guide for the game, so you'll only need to publish it to see the link change. Afterwards, the link to the PS4 guide of FIFA 17 will turn into something like this (the guide page for the PS3 & PS4 trophy guides for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) instead.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

That problem will fix itself once you finish your own guide for the game, so you'll only need to publish it to see the link change. Afterwards, the link to the PS4 guide of FIFA 17 will turn into something like this (the guide page for the PS3 & PS4 trophy guides for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) instead.

Oh thanks,! I didn't know, will be my first guide, so i'm not used to it yet. Good to know! ? 

• Like 1

Greetings, I hope this is the right place to ask.

A few days ago I created a guide about the Lords of the Fallen DLC - Ancient Labyrinth and it hasn't been reviewed yet.

This is my first attempt at creating a guide and I am looking for some feedback since I was thinking of creating one for the main game as well.

Does the process usually take this long? And yes I have submitted it for review, I am just looking for a rough estimate before it's approved.

Edited by Phantom2654

3 hours ago, Phantom2654 said:

Greetings, I hope this is the right place to ask.

A few days ago I created a guide about the Lords of the Fallen DLC - Ancient Labyrinth and it hasn't been reviewed yet.

This is my first attempt at creating a guide and I am looking for some feedback since I was thinking of creating one for the main game as well.

Does the process usually take this long? And yes I have submitted it for review, I am just looking for a rough estimate before it's approved.

Hey Phantom!

Sorry about that, typically it only takes a few days depending on how much feedback needs to be given to the guide, however 2 people on the guide team are both having computer complications so that's what has delayed it a little longer, I went ahead and left feedback on the guide just now though - you'll see it in your guide comments area :) 

Hi BlindMango and Dragon-Archon, I would like to ask a small favor: Could you link this guide:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1763-saint-seiya-sanctuary-battle-trophy-guide 

To this trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1492-os-cavaleiros-do-zodíaco-batalha-do-santuário

They are the same games, just the game title's is localized for South America.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put on this :).

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Hi BlindMango and Dragon-Archon, I would like to ask a small favor: Could you link this guide:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1763-saint-seiya-sanctuary-battle-trophy-guide 

To this trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1492-os-cavaleiros-do-zodíaco-batalha-do-santuário

They are the same games, just the game title's is localized for South America.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put on this :).

Done! :) 

• Like 1

It's probably not the right place, but I didn't want to create a new thread for my suggestion.

So, there are already lots of tags for guides, and they're really helpful most of the time. After I was reading a discussion about a specific guide, however, I noticed that there isn't a tag for luck-based trophies. I think they are often specified as grind trophies and could be found in the same category as trophies like "Reach max level". It'd be even more helpful to see if a trophy is about luck, like getting a specific drop/spawning an enemy/winning a jackpot etc; some of them can also be a huge grind for sure, but it's still a little different if something only takes long or is luck-based and could technically also be done within a few minutes (like the jackpot example). 

In short, would be nice to see a Luck/RNG Tag. :highfive:

Edited by Izul
  • Like 2