(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2023

2 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Another DLC that I've been avoiding for way too long is finally complete. I started Surviving Mars almost 3 years ago! Below and Beyond feels a little clunky compared to the original game and the two previous expansions, but I did get a hang of it eventually. At least none of the trophies glitched out on me, so I'm going to guess they finally fixed them.

How long did it take you?

The trophies 'Job's Done' and 'Will They Hold?' look like massive timesinks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Welcome @Gwendly I have added you to the tracker and you shot right up to the top 5.

Note that I included a DLC for Minecraft that I think you missed and I counted the extra DLC in Marvel's Spider-Man [PS5] that was not included in the PS4 version.

Minecraft I had forgotten about , but the Spider-Man DLC for PS5 I didn't include as I auto-popped those and thought that was not in the spirit of the rules 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

How long did it take you?

The trophies 'Job's Done' and 'Will They Hold?' look like massive timesinks. 

Can't say with all certainty, since I started the DLC last year and then let it sit until now. I did two playthroughs, and I'm pretty slow, so I spent at least 30 hours in total. The first playthrough was to learn the new mechanics and earn misc trophies. First, I focused on my colony on Mars, then I did all the asteroid trophies, then I moved on to the underground stuff. Somebody willing to take on all three environments at once can finish much sooner than me. I think I ended my first run at around 300 sols. I was definitely far from being efficient, but I wasn't in a hurry.

The second playthrough was specifically for "Job's Done" since I was now very comfortable to operate everything at once. It should take an average player anywhere between 80-95 sols to develop both wonders and get the trophy. So, at least 5 hours on that part. I spent no less than 8 though, because I had a hard time figuring out how to safely transfer colonists underground without them dying on the way there. There is very little info online about this expansion, so I had to do a lot of trial and error, and reload some saves. 

"Will They Hold?" was pretty straightforward. I think mine popped under 50 sols after I started developing the underground. I used the rule that encouraged tectonic activity, generating a lot of marsquakes. Each small collapse (looks like a pile of rocks the size of a large dumping site) is counted towards the trophy. Each marsquake generates multiple collapses. So as long as you have several tunnels reinforced with struts, and all of them are serviced by drones, you will prevent 100 cave-ins pretty quickly. Maintaining struts is the key, as they have to be operational for them to prevent cave-ins. Mine popped before I developed my first wonder, so I didn't have to think about this trophy much. 

I hope that helps. If you have some more questions, feel free to reach out.

• Like 3