Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I'll probably spend the next three days putting WoFF back on the PS4 and starting over with a fresh file so I can keep track of the chests.

Just FYI, you don't need to restart this. Most of the areas in the game have minimal chests to find and it's pretty easy to go back and clean up later. The open chests stay on the map. Also, some chests are in hidden areas that only unlock after certain game events. The only complicated area is right at the end of the game, where there's like 20+ chests to open. There I'd say you need to keep a close track on what you're doing, as the final area has no map.

I did it this way with no issues ?

Edited by Heather342
Extra info
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Heather342 said:

Just FYI, you don't need to restart this. Most of the areas in the game have minimal chests to find and it's pretty easy to go back and clean up later. The open chests stay on the map. Also, some chests are in hidden areas that only unlock after certain game events. The only complicated area is right at the end of the game, where there's like 20+ chests to open. There I'd say you need to keep a close track on what you're doing, as the final area has no map.

I did it this way with no issues 1f60a.png

Okay, I'll check the areas I have explored in my save file and see if I missed any chests. I'm not past Pyreglow Forest yet so there aren't too many places I've been. The only place I know I haven't cleaned out is the secret area in Nether Nebula, but that's because the enemies there are higher rank versions of the usual enemies so they keep wiping my party so I need to be a little stronger before I can explore that area.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay, I'll check the areas I have explored in my save file and see if I missed any chests. I'm not past Pyreglow Forest yet so there aren't too many places I've been. The only place I know I haven't cleaned out is the secret area in Nether Nebula, but that's because the enemies there are higher rank versions of the usual enemies so they keep wiping my party so I need to be a little stronger before I can explore that area.

Yeah, because of the chests in hidden areas and how they become available, backtracking in this game is inevitable so don't worry about it too much. Navigating through Castle Exnine at the end of the game is complicated though, and without a map to guide you it is difficult to find all the chests there. When you get to that part of the game, try and get all the chests on your original run through. I followed a text walkthrough with screenshots for this part.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

Yeah, because of the chests in hidden areas and how they become available, backtracking in this game is inevitable so don't worry about it too much. Navigating through Castle Exnine at the end of the game is complicated though, and without a map to guide you it is difficult to find all the chests there. When you get to that part of the game, try and get all the chests on your original run through. I followed a text walkthrough with screenshots for this part.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I really like your avatar too. ^_^

• Like 2