Simple testing of offline Terror Zones

WTFavabean

On 2/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Just got back into this after reading about terror zones and am at 98.1, hopefully should be done next week after over a year on and off. Been doing the Pitt with a fist of heaven paladin.

Very happy they added this in. Its nice doing runs for an hour and seeing the XP gauge move noticeably.

I was reading some old forums that the old leveling at high levels, pre terror zones, was the devs messing around or not putting the final finishing touches on the release before they sent it out. Then they left it like that. From what I read they didn't intentionally make it so that only a handful of monster would give you XP above L98. They released it by accident / as a test then didn't patch it...until now.

You should do like me and make d2r your next trophy milestone

i had to push out a bunch of plats to get to my next milestone, youre pretty close to yours yourself

Personally i still have to plow through an amazon, assassin and sorceress playthrough and then i can push my 98hammerdin the rest of the way but then thats it

Im currently mid way through my javazons normal hardcore run (just doing hardcore runs because all my gears shared in hardcore already and i previously farmed out gear sets for atleast 1 build per character class)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone done more testing on different areas? I'm still currently running Cold Plains but wasn't sure if anyone has found a better area?

Depends on your build. See the following site:

https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/fist-of-the-heavens-paladin#patoc-heading-2

For my build (FoH Paladin) flayers jungle and dungeon is the best.

20 hours ago, Vextens said:

I've just been doing p8 chaos sanctuary. I'm level 97 and my napkin math tells me it'll take 10.6 hours to get to 98 and then another 15.4 hours to get to 99.

you madman! going for the platinum stack of D2R.

Well done.

On 3/6/2023 at 0:52 AM, Rando-Calrisian- said:

For my build (FoH Paladin) flayers jungle and dungeon is the best.

How would you compare your time vs exp gain to an area like The Pit? I just hit 96 and I’m getting ~1.4M per run in just under a few mins.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 10:33 PM, DdMac679 said:

How would you compare your time vs exp gain to an area like The Pit? I just hit 96 and I’m getting ~1.4M per run in just under a few mins.

This is all going of feel, I didn't count or time anything...

Flayer Jungle and Dungeon was considerably faster. Pitt and Forgotten Tower were good but couldn't compare to flayer jungle and dungeon. The mobs are huge and they are more tightly packed. I could also clear them very quickly with my build.

On L98, I was getting through about one block on the XP guage (one 10th) in just over 1.5 hours. Note, I was decekd out as per the FoH guide in link above (some items changed) and I had Anihilius charm, duplicated combat skill chamrs and hellfire torch from time farming for SoJ and farming Diablo Clone (before terror zone patch).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

got an bladesin assassin.

for me, what works ? bloddy foothills. with 2 super-uniques, and sometimes i go to mc farren.

in a minute, i do nearly 400 000 (i'm level 97).

no surprise : immunities are cold, lightning, poison. and i'm playing physical damage, and also poison (but skeletons die quickly with physical damage).

it's the quickest travel i have so far to gain xp, my easy way, safest way.

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Nachtseele89 said:

Hi, i have a question.  I play a hc offline char and manipulate the ps time to get the tz i want.  But often it hapens that after for example 3 hrs i upload the save and go back in game progress is lost. 

Auto sync is not activated. 

Thanks for help

When I went for level 99 I kept the clock at the time I needed and every half hour I would save and quit making sure I saw the save symbol before uploading the save.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found this Terror Zone Calendar over reddit and someone made an emulator for the TZs.

Its not that I want to plat the D2R right away, but, I chose my levels wisely. SOJ still nothing. No Drops after 2 HC chars offline. 91 Paladin, 95 Amazon.

Clocked my Javazon. 10%/Hr on TZ with best exp (Halls, Pit, Stony, Tal Rasha, etc)

HTH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found another run that gives me both decent exp (500k XP in 1 minute) and that's Hell Andariel (Quest bugged) on Player8 and with Terror Zones active. 

I run a level 95 hammerdin and the Catacombs layout gives me quite a few good pack of Elite mobs on my way to Andariel. 

Also quest bugged Andy drops quite a few goodies (I did have 2 legit SoJs drop for me from her) so the exp/drop ratio works well in my favor.

I tried running Flayer Jungle, Pit and Chaos Sanctuary, but I either got bad XP returns or the drop rate of uniques was awful..

Sharing a video also, maybe it would help other players :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't D2R Andariel intentionally always "bugged"?

Anyway, I don't have any number or anything, but I usually followed terror zones whenever they switched and I have to say that I feel like the one where I have the most gain is Tal Rasha's Tomb.

Gonna try the time manipulation tip and see if the grind speeds up a bit. I'm 3 segments away from lvl 98.

Edited by Doom

I got sick of positioning for hammers, so I switched to a Fist of the Heavens build. Flayer Jungle/Dungeon gets about 15 million xp per hour. Just make sure you get Soul Killers and not the birds, those take too long to kill. An hour a day and I should have the plat by the end of the month lol

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

After further testing, with my Summonmancer the best area seems to be Rocky Waste & Stony Tomb.

Just outside of Lut Gholein, always have a few packs of blue and gold monsters just ouside the tomb.

The tomb itself is easy to navigate, short and the enemies don't seem too much of a threat.

Being a small area overall, with a high concentration of blue and gold enemies makes for a decent gain.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my journey to 99. Some complied data. 

Pits (P8 Terror Zone)

91 - 2.1 Hours

92 - 3.0 hours

93 - 4.4 hours

94 - 5.9 hours

Catacombs (P8 Terror Zone)

95 - [Did Not Track] Farmed Queen Andariel

Tal Rasha's Tomb - 7 Chambers Full Clear (P8 Terror Zone)

96 - 1-2 runs (per bubble) 

97 - 2-3 runs (per bubble) 

98 - 4 runs (per bubble) 

Note: Average run per clear was 25 min. Pack densities varied.

Character Gear

• Head: Griffins Eye w/ 5/5 Light Gem
  • Body: Enigma
  • Hands: Dire Fist (Yellow) +2 Javelin and Spear Skills
  • Belt: Razortail
  • Boots: War Travelers
  • Ring: Stone of Jordon
  • Ring: Raven Frost
  • Neck: Highlords Wraith Amulet
  • Main: Titans Revenge w/ Phoenix (Monarch)
  • Secondary: Call to Arms w/ Spirit
  • Hellfire Torch
  • Annihilus
  • Crack of the Heavens (-71)
  • Gheeds Fortune
  • Grand Charm: +1 Javelin and Spear Skills (x6)
  • Small Charm: Add 1-9 Light DMG / Light Res +11% (x6)

Merc Gear

Act 2 Merc (Might)

• Andariels Visage
  • Infinity
  • Fortitude
Edited by DdMac679
Post tweaks
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

What's the best/easiest build to get 99, offline with backups. One that doesn't rely on grinding out the best gear and has good survivability but is somewhat fast, not interested in glass cannon builds where you can die at any second.

I've not played in a very long time, but am thinking about getting the plat now I've found out it's not thousands of diablo kills to get to 99.

I still haven't finished the PS4 version, but I plan on using a Wind Druid for the PS5. I'm not gonna dupe, or grind gear....just run Terror Zones on a daily basis on P8 while watching TV.

The Wind Druid isn't so dependent on high end gear, is pretty safe with some investment in pets, and is a casual play style. Worth looking into for you.

6 hours ago, Deadvember said:

What's the best/easiest build to get 99, offline with backups. One that doesn't rely on grinding out the best gear and has good survivability but is somewhat fast, not interested in glass cannon builds where you can die at any second.

I've not played in a very long time, but am thinking about getting the plat now I've found out it's not thousands of diablo kills to get to 99.

6 hours ago, Deadvember said:

hammerdin

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some hints when changing time to get right terror zone and do not loose progress.

• turn off save autosync
  • start game with selected character
  • find terror zone that You would like to play https://www.d2emu.com/tz-sp (use only TZ that are back in time)
  • go to options and adjust time to selected TZ in the past
  • go back to game, save and exit
  • from now on do not change Your character (do not even highlight another one)
  • enter the game
  • You have selected TZ
  • If You like You can adjust time (prolong current TZ), just do it before save and exit
  • when You would like to finish set the current time, save and exit, now You can change and play other characters as usual.

When You by mistake highlight other character You won't be able to select Your main character, do not panic.

Go to time settings and set actual time, go back to game and You will be able to select Your main character.

Little advice, always upload/backup Your saves with synchronized system time. (set actual time every time You finish game session before save and exit)

Edited by stepapsx
  • Like 1