Watch_Dogs Takes 40 Hours To Complete, on Average

IntenseFATE98

Watch Dogs will take the average player between 35 and 40 hours to complete, according to the game's creative director.

Ubisoft's Jonathan Morin explained on Twitter that most people who do some free roaming should expect to see the closing credits within that time frame, though anyone wanting to see everything will be looking at a playtime approaching triple figures. This is before taking into account the 8-player multiplayer we wrote about last week.

The playtime has presumably seen a boost due to the new content that has been added to the game as the result of multiple delays.

While the game finally has a release date in May, Ubisoft previously delayed Watch Dogs just a month before the game was supposed to come out in November 2013, which in turn led to us chatting to the developer about quite why this was done.

Despite a scare last month when the game's trademark was abandoned, Ubisoft since explained that such a move was the result of fraud, before successfully getting the trademark restored.

Source : IGN

Opinions? I personally think Watch_Dogs will have a lot of content. Really Excited ^_^

Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

I was not expecting it to take that long, now everyone's concern is whether if those hours will get repetitive or not. If the game actually takes 100 hours to 100% and it keeps players interested with dynamic stuff, then they'll have got quite an achievement. I don't have a PS4 yet, and my first game will most likely be Infamous: SS, but this is definitely one to watch. 

Ya I'm with Mayus on this and hearing it actually makes me less excited for this game. Open world games are always too easy, and I don't want to spend 100 hours playing an easy game. There's just no way that doesn't get boring and if it really takes that long then chances are it must have some stuff along GTA5 lines, like 500 collectibles....

I feel like this game is going to be worth all the money you pay. I am glad I was able to resolve my GameStop Fully Paid off Order of Both Collector's Edition Game & Guide.

Fucken paid-off this game soo long ago. And I already have high respect for the developers pushing the release date back, to make sure the game comes out as best as it can be. I just hope it doesn't get the "Day One error/bugs treatment" like many great things do when they release.

40 hours was about what I was expecting.  

See I don't know about that. Most open world games get boring pretty quickly (looking at you RDR) because generally there isn't a heck of a lot to do so you just run around a big open space looking for something to keep yourself occupied. RDR's story should have been about 10 hours shorter because it really began to drag by the end. Games like Borderlands are another great example of this as it is just a huge empty world with random events spattered around it. Fallout 3 was nice and big but the world was too samey for me so until you reach your destination you were, once again, just running across a huge empty world.

A game like inFAMOUS used it's open world well because there was always something to do keeping you moving towards a goal.

If it's anywhere in the neighborhood of RDR, I'll be a happy gamer. 

Let's just hope the MP isn't tacked on and there aren't any more delays.

Ubisoft publishes the game... Does this mean the missions types will be as follows: Tail Target, Eavesdrop Convo, Stay out of combat? While the game does look great and seems like it would be awesome to play, the lack of variety Ubisoft is famous for with their AC series has me a bit nervous..

I will just wait until MrC gives his review of the game before I buy it lol  :awesome:

That is strange, I could've sworn this topic was about Watch Dogs so why are we talking about RDR? I don't mind getting off topic a little bit but when the majority of the thread is arguing about a completely different game it has gone a little too far. 

Keep it on topic and act like adults please. 

Parker

Ubisoft publishes the game... Does this mean the missions types will be as follows: Tail Target, Eavesdrop Convo, Stay out of combat? While the game does look great and seems like it would be awesome to play, the lack of variety Ubisoft is famous for with their AC series has me a bit nervous..

I will just wait until MrC gives his review of the game before I buy it lol  :awesome:

Yeah I'm getting sick of tailing and eavesdropping! Just let me kill the guy already, who cares what he says or where he's going! Let me kill all of them! All of them I say! Lol.

Edited by MrCostari
  • Like 1