Do NOT Buy for VR if you are a Trophy Hunter - No trophy support

thefourfoldroot

55 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

No, it is not reasonable to think this version of the game wouldn't have trophies. The precedent was set with Re7. That doesn't have two lists, you just earn the trophies like normal.

Well, the precedent was set with Dirt Rally, where you buy the VR version, and there's no extra trophies. You can just obtain the base game trophies while playing in VR and that's that.

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Well, the precedent was set with Dirt Rally, where you buy the VR version, and there's no extra trophies. You can just obtain the base game trophies while playing in VR and that's that.

I think you are confused. I was never expecting additional trophies. In Resi Village VR, there are no available trophies. At all. Not a single one. Not additional, not those in the base game, just nothing. I agree we have no right to expect additional trophies, but we should still get the same trophies everyone else gets I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

How on earth do you think Dirt Rally is a better precedent when A. it's a different franchise and B. you could stille at trophies?

In fact, Dirt Rally is EXACTLY what OP wanted in the first place, lol

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

did Capcom said something about this? it seems like a bug or something. i mean, all other updates with VR2 are able to earn trophies, unlike this one?

also i heard that RE8 DLCs not playable in VR2, is this true?

Edited by Voland44

30 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

did Capcom said something about this? it seems like a bug or something. i mean, all other updates with VR2 are able to earn trophies, unlike this one?

I don’t think it’s a bug. They had a message at the beginning that you couldn’t earn main game trophies. I’m guessing because of different game mechanics and the fact they couldn’t link the saves perhaps? They have said nothing about it as far as I’m aware.

i’m not playing the game and will probably just get rid of it if they don’t implement trophies soon as I’m not confident they care. But, no, no DLC functionality either.

They really really messed up implementation of VR in this game, which is surprising as I’m sure it was planned from the start.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2023 at 7:35 AM, Voland44 said:

Quick update. They’ve said they have no plans to implement DLC VR support.

https://uploadvr.com/capcom-no-plans-mercenaries-dlc-village-psvr-2/

I have a very bad addictive personality. I kinda feel what this guy is saying. Trophies have totally ruined gaming for me. Having me play trash that I would never play before trophies existed. But then on the other hand this sounds ridiculous!!! Not playing an amazing game just because there are no trophies?? That's when it goes too far! I would still play games that I WANT to play! Even without trophies. But I definitely wouldn't play trash games without trophies! 

31 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I have a very bad addictive personality. I kinda feel what this guy is saying. Trophies have totally ruined gaming for me. Having me play trash that I would never play before trophies existed. But then on the other hand this sounds ridiculous!!! Not playing an amazing game just because there are no trophies?? That's when it goes too far! I would still play games that I WANT to play! Even without trophies. But I definitely wouldn't play trash games without trophies! 

We are passed this conversation mate (you can read through the thread). I was just updating a guy about a specific question that happened to be posed in the thread. 

All the best.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Has anything changed regarding trophies in VR? 
Havent bought, but might if its fixed.

Nope. Not that I know of but haven’t booted it up since. I would have heard if it had been added however.

The fact is not enough people care so Capcom don’t care. Very sad.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay I wanted to wait, just in case trophy could have been unlocked in VR but nope sir. 

So I'll have to play both, the problem is : save aren't compatible either ? Well shit. Whats the recommandation ? Do VR first or normal ? I kinda have the impression that the VR mod is like an add on to play after you finish the main game normally ... isn't it ? 

• 8 months later...