Do NOT Buy for VR if you are a Trophy Hunter - No trophy support

thefourfoldroot

4 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

Oh don't start that BS narrative. I don't know if you know, but in some countries 500$ is unreachable amount in their currency especially to spend on a VR headset, not even whole new console. Currency exchange is a bitch, and tech doesn't get cheaper in countries with relatively low income. 500$ is literally my rent for 4 months

I’m not going to put words in his mouth, but I don’t think you can just assume he can guess your country of original.

Besides, would it be fair if someone said you can’t complain against me moaning online because you have the privilege of internet, or electricity, or literacy, when many don’t?

We can all rationalise away our annoyances saying “at least we aren’t in such and such a situation”, but that just leads to everyone feeling they can’t vent their feelings, which isn’t healthy.

Sorry for your situation though. My post wasn’t meant to be insensitive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Besides, would it be fair if someone said you can’t complain against me moaning online because you have the privilege of internet, or electricity, or literacy, when many don’t?

That was exactly my point.

Just advice the community about the situation(that's what we do here), but no need to do a melodramatic post when there's people that dream of being able to have a VR set and wouldn't care about such a minor inconvenience.

Edited by Jeanoltt

Just now, thefourfoldroot said:

I’m not going to put words in his mouth, but I don’t think you can just assume he can guess your country of original.

We can all rationalise away our annoyances saying “at least we aren’t in such and such a situation”, but that just leads to everyone feeling they can’t vent their feelings, which isn’t healthy.

Sorry for your situation though. My post wasn’t meant to be insensitive.

My response was to his comment about saving for VR in the last year. I am just saying exchange rates in some countries change the value of 500$ VASTLY. 500$ for US/UK middle class person is pricey but achievable purchase. That same amount for middle class in eastern europe for example is extremely expensive. You can live comfortably in many countries and still find it extremely expensive because of exchange rates. No need to get defensive, read my response again, I said nothing about being privilleged or anything like that, I was responding to above comment because it implied that buying 500$ peripheral is no big deal for most people. 

Circling back to original point of the thread, I think most of the people here would agree there is a reason to be annoyed with trophies not popping but the way you presented it as if it was end of the world rubbed them the wrong way

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

Circling back to original point of the thread, I think most of the people here would agree there is a reason to be annoyed with trophies not popping but the way you presented it as if it was end of the world rubbed them the wrong way

Guilty as charged for being a rather dramatic person. I didn’t think anyone would care about that to be honest, my opinion is irrelevant. Just venting. As well as informing.

Now I’m just praying for trophies to be added / accessible later, as I’ll then have a great game to play. One I’ve been looking forward to ever since finishing Res7 VR.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Guilty as charged for being a rather dramatic person. I didn’t think anyone would care about that to be honest, my opinion is irrelevant. Just venting. As well as informing.

Now I’m just praying for trophies to be added / accessible later, as I’ll then have a great game to play. One I’ve been looking forward to ever since finishing Res7 VR.

It was that. We all sympathise with you and completely understand your frustration, but it was the "I’m stuck with a dead, unplayable game" and "Completely disgusting for Capcom to not implement trophy support, and disgusting that Sony allowed it to release in such a state" that bothered us

15 minutes ago, Web_Extension said:

It was that. We all sympathise with you and completely understand your frustration, but it was the "I’m stuck with a dead, unplayable game" and "Completely disgusting for Capcom to not implement trophy support, and disgusting that Sony allowed it to release in such a state" that bothered us

Well, sorry, I still feel that way, lol. Although my disgust is more that I wasn’t told prior so that I could make an informed purchase. I’m not the only one who has waited for PSVR2 to play this game, only to now learn we aren’t offered the same trophy campaign everyone else gets as standard. If you feel that gets on your nerves, well, you just don’t enjoy trophy challenges as much as I do at the end of the day. No harm.

See guys? When we take a step back, breathe and talk calmly we can all have civil conversation. 

You bought the game, you were really disappointed by it and admittedly angry. You wanted to vent, and alot of people felt it was overblown and took issue with how you presented the topic. While we all can agree that game not popping trophies in VR is not a good thing and should be adressed, because it definitely SHOULD. 

You all get an praise from Lady D now. 
MjKNwqe.png

• Like 1

Some I'm confused by this. How is this game awful because not trophy support? Does it load trophies automatically when playing? If so couldn't one just delete the 0% and carry on? If not and there's no trophy support again why worry? It sounds like the game runs more then fine from a technical standpoint. That should much better priority then any trophy support especially with how much AAA devs have failed releasing games in a playable state these last few years.

32 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Well, sorry, I still feel that way, lol. Although my disgust is more that I wasn’t told prior so that I could make an informed purchase. I’m not the only one who has waited for PSVR2 to play this game, only to now learn we aren’t offered the same trophy campaign everyone else gets as standard. If you feel that gets on your nerves, well, you just don’t enjoy trophy challenges as much as I do at the end of the day. No harm.

You're entitled to have your own opinion, but I just want to question how that opinion alone makes me enjoy trophy challenges less? I still play games largely with for trophies, doing call of duty campaigns on the hardest difficulty for the trophies alone. I'm even planning on getting the RE8 platinum, having already done trophies on it like the knife only and under 2hr speedrun. The only thing is I'm willing to play a game without trophies. And this does have them, it's just only on flatscreen, so how that that impact my enjoyment for trophies?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I just think that saying I don't like trophies as much because I'm willing to play a game without trophies, especially when talking about a game that *does* have trophies, is a very unfair stance to take against me.

Also just as a note, I said this to somebody else in the thread, companies rarely announce whether they have trophies or not. So even though the situation would have suggested it would have, them not saying anything isn't unusual. So the situation is unfortunate, but blaming them as if they didn't do something thats normal to do isn't fair when you consider how great the mode actually is. But if you really want to blame them, your opinion, whatever, just consider that pretty much nobody would have done anything different in their situation.

23 minutes ago, Web_Extension said:

You're entitled to have your own opinion, but I just want to question how that opinion alone makes me enjoy trophy challenges less? I still play games largely with for trophies, doing call of duty campaigns on the hardest difficulty for the trophies alone. I'm even planning on getting the RE8 platinum, having already done trophies on it like the knife only and under 2hr speedrun. The only thing is I'm willing to play a game without trophies. And this does have them, it's just only on flatscreen, so how that that impact my enjoyment for trophies?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I just think that saying I don't like trophies as much because I'm willing to play a game without trophies, especially when talking about a game that *does* have trophies, is a very unfair stance to take against me.

Also just as a note, I said this to somebody else in the thread, companies rarely announce whether they have trophies or not. So even though the situation would have suggested it would have, them not saying anything isn't unusual. So the situation is unfortunate, but blaming them as if they didn't do something thats normal to do isn't fair when you consider how great the mode actually is. But if you really want to blame them, your opinion, whatever, just consider that pretty much nobody would have done anything different in their situation.

Honestly man, I’m not “taking a stance against you”. I don’t give a damn what your opinion is and you shouldn’t give a damn what my opinion is. Honestly. Perhaps I need to be more careful with my language, or perhaps people need to not make assumptions about my intent, I don’t know. But I don’t think you sounded antagonistic at all, and neither do I feel I did. We’re all good.

Perhaps you do enjoy trophies as much as me. I honestly don’t know or think it matters. You are willing to play games without them. That’s cool. I would too, and did for nearly 3 decades, but I don’t have to anymore.

I think there is some misalignment of opinion between people who consider this as a VR release only, and people who played it flat. There may have been different expectations because we are all used to our games simply having trophy support and, for those of us who waited so long just to play this as a VR release, we feel we weren’t given what should have been quite basic information to inform our decision to purchase. But it’s fine, no big deal, the game only cost me £20 and I can sell it on if it never gets trophy support for the perspective I want to play.

Lesson learnt about making assumptions about Capcom / Sony. I’ll definitely wait until a bit after release in future, regardless of past history.

1 hour ago, cuilery said:

It's crazy how people only play the game for trophies and not for fun lmao

Except some of us find trophy challenges fun. Just like any other developer given challenge in any game.

28 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Honestly man, I’m not “taking a stance against you”. I don’t give a damn what your opinion is and you shouldn’t give a damn what my opinion is. Honestly. Perhaps I need to be more careful with my language, or perhaps people need to not make assumptions about my intent, I don’t know. But I don’t think you sounded antagonistic at all, and neither do I feel I did. We’re all good.

Perhaps you do enjoy trophies as much as me. I honestly don’t know or think it matters. You are willing to play games without them. That’s cool. I would too, and did for nearly 3 decades, but I don’t have to anymore.

I think there is some misalignment of opinion between people who consider this as a VR release only, and people who played it flat. There may have been different expectations because we are all used to our games simply having trophy support and, for those of us who waited so long just to play this as a VR release, we feel we weren’t given what should have been quite basic information to inform our decision to purchase. But it’s fine, no big deal, the game only cost me £20 and I can sell it on if it never gets trophy support for the perspective I want to play.

Lesson learnt about making assumptions about Capcom / Sony. I’ll definitely wait until a bit after release in future, regardless of past history.

Except some of us find trophy challenges fun. Just like any other developer given challenge in any game.

I'm just happy we're all fine with it in the end and not arguing. Communicating to other people and knowing how other people are communicating to us is a two way thing and a working point for pretty much everyone, it's a tricky thing. And yeah, I took the comment about me not caring too personally. I don't care who enjoys it more, I just in the moment didn't like the suggestion that I don't like the something I love doing because of something loosely related to it. But again, just happy we all took a point from each other and came out better for it. Like this and a lot or conversations I see, it usually ends better if people enter it assuming nobody there is mad at other people.

21 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

How dare you care about something I don't. You should be posting about this on a trophy hunting website with all the other losers, so that way the cool people like me can post in peace without you corroding the atmosphere with your trophy talk.

We had all talked it out. Both side had seen where they're right and where they're wrong. There's no need to come in and start it up again with needless comments like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Web_Extension said:

Also just as a note, I said this to somebody else in the thread, companies rarely announce whether they have trophies or not. 

In this case they really should, if lack of trophy support was a deliberate decision. Trophy hunters may be a minority, but trophies are an integral part of the PlayStation ecosystem and pretty much every game has them nowadays. A game as big as RE Village, the launch on a new VR platform, free update and lacking trophies... It definitely should've been announced. Personally, it wouldn't have even occurred to me that RE8 VR or any other game might not have trophies. 

I'm not a VR guy and I can play games without trophies, but I kinda see why you would want to have your first RE Village (or any other horror game) playthrough in VR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

In this case they really should, if lack of trophy support was a deliberate decision. Trophy hunters may be a minority, but trophies are an integral part of the PlayStation ecosystem and pretty much every game has them nowadays. A game as big as RE Village, the launch on a new VR platform, free update and lacking trophies... It definitely should've been announced. Personally, it wouldn't have even occurred to me that RE8 VR or any other game might not have trophies. 

I'm not a VR guy and I can play games without trophies, but I kinda see why you would want to have your first RE Village (or any other horror game) playthrough in VR. 

I get that and I completely agree that they probably should have, I'm assuming it didn't occur to them that people would care this much given you can still do it in flatscreen. My main point was that this could have happened to any company because they all work the same, just that Capcom ended up in a situation where it mattered more and it's unfortunate.

4 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

See guys? When we take a step back, breathe and talk calmly we can all have civil conversation. 

You bought the game, you were really disappointed by it and admittedly angry. You wanted to vent, and alot of people felt it was overblown and took issue with how you presented the topic. While we all can agree that game not popping trophies in VR is not a good thing and should be adressed, because it definitely SHOULD. 

You all get a praise from Lady D now. 
MjKNwqe.png

I fully support this message.

I think OP is in well right to bring up this complaint, he has his own opinions about why he should only play it in VR, and why we aren’t all in agreement that it SHOULD have trophy support with the VR update is beyond me. These companies need to be held accountable. Especially a large one like Capcom. Quality if they expect profitability. 

The amount of negativity and berating people get for having a difference of opinion is baffling. They literally posted to warn others who had the same expectation, and maybe create some conversation about the same dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

I finished my VR run about an hour ago. I understand why trophies are not supported. Gunplay is much more easier. Ethan feels faster when running. VR players have more of an advantage. 

Im completely fine with Capcom’s choice. I bought a VR for the experience, not for trophy hunting. 

VR is awesome, it's exceptional, it's experimental.

Having to take off my helmet or remove it enough to read a trophy guide every few minutes, honestly it sucks. And I suffer from motion sickness.

I have a bit of OCD for getting as many trophies as possible on games, I suffered a lot on "The Inpatient" and "Time Machine" VR apparent, easy games, but it honestly took me months to get through, sometimes only being able to play for a few minutes at a time and then having a 5 minute, before feeling really awful and not being able to play VR for the rest of the day, like literally making myself to ill, in order to continue.

To the extent where I have avoided so many VR games because I know I would struggle to play them. I probably wouldn't mind if a VR game had no trophies, infact I would probably prefer it, I'd be able to easily just give up, if the game was too difficult for me to cope with.

At least in the case of RE8 you have the option to play the game without VR and get the trophies, that to me seems like the best of both world to be honest. Especially since having a random bronze trophy icon popping up in the middle of your VR view (like it did or used to do in regular VR), kinda ruins the immersion a bit,

Edited by enaysoft