Is anyone else having issues with the online challenge cups not being awarded?

HardModeTrophies

A couple of days ago (I believe it was last Saturday) I received neither of the two daily cups, despite obtaining a result good enough to get a Gold in both challenges.

Today, I only received a Silver cup for the daily extreme challenge, but not the Gold cup which I should have gotten for the daily standard run.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I cursed in some way?

• Like 1

Exactly the same with the two missing golds two days ago, and one missing gold yesterday. 

I've occasionally been experiencing this since December, but not as frequently as now.

Hopefully it will soon stabilize, as it's annoying enough having to grind this for 4 long months.

Luckily I'm near the end with around 5550 points.

What a completely mindless and unnecessary trophy to prolong their mp.

• Like 3

I have about 230 points left so I've been sweating bullets every time I've seen connection errors this week... 

The servers on the Nintendo Switch version have completely died out over the past week or so as well.  Cups are not rewarded at all.  Pictures don't update (typically they do on the switch version).  Most scores don't track.  It's a complete mess over there when previously, that version actually seemed to function totally fine.

• Like 4

From the looks of it, the servers started crapping out very soon after I got the last online cup I need for PS4 (earned on Monday, February 27th). I've had a couple of challenges glitch out and not award me the cup I should have earned, but not frequently and never both challenges in one day. I haven't logged on to the game since I finished the online so I can't confirm if the servers are having major issues, but if they are, holy crap I am seriously lucky that I finished the online challenges when I did.

Also, this reminds me of something that happened about two weeks ago. I may have been incredibly unlucky, but upon finishing the weekly extreme challenge, my game crashed and it corrupted my save file. Fortunately I had a backup from the previous day and my scores were saved, so I only lost the Lums I earned that day. This occurred while playing the Chinese version (did half the grind on the US version and the other half on the Chinese version to save time with the million Lums trophies, online progress is shared between the two versions). So, uh, you may want to back up your save file from time to time. My save files for both versions are backed up to the PS+ cloud so my online cups are safe in case the Rayman servers self destruct, but I should probably hurry up and platinum both versions soon (Truly Awesome in the Chinese version is a DLC trophy but you get the idea).

For your sake, I hope Ubisoft fixes the servers soon.

31 minutes ago, IceKingzV2 said:

The servers on the Nintendo Switch version have completely died out over the past week or so as well.  Cups are not rewarded at all.  Pictures don't update (typically they do on the switch version).  Most scores don't track.  It's a complete mess over there when previously, that version actually seemed to function totally fine.

Well that's a shame. I recently set up a brand new Switch OLED, guess I won't be installing Rayman Legends on there unless this gets fixed. Weirdly enough, as far as I'm aware the PS3 and Vita versions still work as intended despite the former having a planned shutdown date of six months ago.

• Like 1

I'm at 5680~ and I've been worrying everyday because the servers seem to be not connecting throughout the day. I keep checking after every hour or so! Luckily I get connected and finish both challenges and am receiving the points everyday. I was having the not getting rewarded issue in January but not anymore. But it's becoming a pain honestly, I really want to get this done with. Just need like 2 more weeks and then I can delete this stupid game because of this particular trophy.

Edited by Recyclebin32
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

I received points for both weeklies today, but only for 1 of the dailies.

This is getting so annoying with the missing points constantly. 

Yeah, same issue today, one daily was missing. The server was down also like 3 hours ago...

6 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Yeah, same issue today, one daily was missing. The server was down also like 3 hours ago...

There is usually always problems at 9:00 GMT +1 when the challenges are updated, and at least 1 hour ahead. 

50 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

There is usually always problems at 9:00 GMT +1 when the challenges are updated, and at least 1 hour ahead. 

Nah man, it was like... 6:30-7:00 GMT+1. I know at 9:00 it resets, but it happened to me at different times

27 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Nah man, it was like... 6:30-7:00 GMT+1. I know at 9:00 it resets, but it happened to me at different times

Read what I wrote. 

I didn't say that there isn't problems at other times, but that it's common with server problems from 9:00-10:00.

I find quitting and restarting to be helpful for forcing it to try to resync with online and pull the prior day's reward cups.

But yes, it's odd that the ps4 version is struggling the past couple days, when it's not the one that was supposed to be shut down. And as others mentioned, the multiplayer challenge area seems to be buggier on ps4 in general with mismatched challenge graphics, incorrect 'time remaining' displayed, and forgetting which challenges you've attempted.

To ease the stress, I think it's worth noting that this exact scenario (server error messages and not receiving cups) has been documented in the past:

If this was new, then perhaps it could be worrisome, but given that this has happened before and resolved over time, I'm certain that the same will happen here as well. ? It's probably just a small hiccup that'll pass with time. Hopefully this can give people some hope!

• Like 3