[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't download games

scorpafied

Anyone else having this issue? Can login fine. Got the same issue on my ps3 and my vita. Ps4 and ps5 is fine though.

Ive tried turning 2fa on and off. Generating new device passwords. Activating and deactivating account. Only thing i havent tried is rebuilding the database

At this point im convinced sony is not allowing australians to download content youve purchased. Anyone else in this region able to test to see if it aint just me.

The PS3 and Vita store servers have been jacking around for a few years now but they got a whole lot worse after the store closures were announced, then subsequently cancelled a couple of summers back. All you can do is twiddle your thumbs until the problem goes away by itself.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

54 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is twiddle your thumbs until the problem gies away by itself.

After getting a support ticket number of course. If everyone just waits and does nothing and it never gets back to the hamsters to start running again, then the problem becomes permanent because absolutely nothing is going to change.

2 hours ago, scorpafied said:

At this point im convinced sony is not allowing australians to download content youve purchased.

What did Sony support say when you told them this after you explained the problem you're having?

Can I still buy physical Vita games and play them? My Vita's cartridge slot is empty now. I don't care if I only get some crappy sports game that will give me bad trophies that I can't complete, I just want something else on my Vita other than Persona 4 Golden (which I am glad I bought before this happened) and Minecraft Vita(ditto).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Can I still buy physical Vita games and play them? My Vita's cartridge slot is empty now. I don't care if I only get some crappy sports game that will give me bad trophies that I can't complete, I just want something else on my Vita other than Persona 4 Golden (which I am glad I bought before this happened) and Minecraft Vita(ditto).

Yes there is nothing stopping you playing proper copies. 

46 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Definitely, but don't doom yourself to a crappy sports game when physical carts of games that are actually good are still affordable - like the number of JP imports readily obtainable through eBay.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Definitely, but don't doom yourself to a crappy sports game when physical carts of games that are actually good are still affordable - like the number of JP imports readily obtainable through eBay.

I'll check my local Game Over store before I have to resort to buying online, as I know it'll take weeks for eBay to deliver anything to me, but thanks for the note. ;)

I am hoping this error lock is temporary and will clear up before I have to go to Florida on the 20th, though.

EDIT: Looks like the lock is permanent. My gym trainer buddy told me that Sony just shut down the PS Vita store's servers permanently without warning. So the store is still there, but it's like the current 3DS store, you can't buy games off of it. I expect the Vita to give an error when you enter the store by the end of March, signalling the permanent shutdown of the Vita store, probably the PS3 store too.

Sony lied to us. They said they wouldn't shut the store down but they did. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the only way to buy Vita games is to get hard copies. :(

At least my dad is going to take me to the retro store (the bigger one which has more options) and see if I can get something fun to play and platinum on a plane trip without breaking the bank at $200.

Edited by Taruta13

15 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I'll check my local Game Over store before I have to resort to buying online, as I know it'll take weeks for eBay to deliver anything to me, but thanks for the note. ;)

I am hoping this error lock is temporary and will clear up before I have to go to Florida on the 20th, though.

EDIT: Looks like the lock is permanent. My gym trainer buddy told me that Sony just shut down the PS Vita store's servers permanently without warning. So the store is still there, but it's like the current 3DS store, you can't buy games off of it. I expect the Vita to give an error when you enter the store by the end of March, signalling the permanent shutdown of the Vita store, probably the PS3 store too.

Sony lied to us. They said they wouldn't shut the store down but they did. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the only way to buy Vita games is to get hard copies. :(

At least my dad is going to take me to the retro store (the bigger one which has more options) and see if I can get something fun to play and platinum on a plane trip without breaking the bank at $200.

I wouldn't trust ur Gym Trainer

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

How do you feel about your insider gym trainer buddy now and spreading his absolute nonsense lies here, getting people all panicked and then the issue getting resolved hours later?

Next time, if you’re going to be so gullible, find a second, more reliable source, before posting absurd accusations. 

• Like 3