Initial Thoughts on The Game?

UsedDampTowel

18 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

With games like this I really only need to know one thing: how fast does the character move?

Nothing worse than having to explore with no "run" option.

While your character itself isn‘t all that fast, you can possess a variety of animals to get around quick.

• Like 3

I'm surprised for how good it is. There are some mechanics from different Zelda games, specially BotW, of course, but they're also pretty well executed.
The movement through the map is enjoyable, the characters are interesting and the humor is also pretty good. Though I initially wanted to play it, I wasn't expecting much, what resulted in a very pleasant surprise.

I played a bit of it earlier and it's a nice game and being free day one is a bonus

So am I overlooking something or is does pinning something on the map not actually do anything? For example I've tried marking some pearls on the map because I figured it'd function as a waypoint instead of aimlessly swimming around and it doesn't do that so pinning it down doesn't affect anything 

Also I don't really like how the map doesn't seem to show your current location either (again unless I'm overlooking it)

I wasn’t enjoying it initially due to the size of the map and a lack of knowing where you are on it.

Figuring the compass out alleviated all of those problems, I’m now really enjoying myself. 

The world looks huge but with all the traversal tools available to you it’s easy enough to find the majority of collectibles and everything gets marked as you go, but it’s quite fun actually finding the stuff to do mini games etc.

It’s a collectathon done right honestly, unlike another PS+ game this month; Ghostwire which has way too many collectibles, bad traversal and doesn’t display them on the map until you’ve found them.

• Like 2

I’m really enjoying this game, it’s quite zen to clear off parts of the map. Only problem is that I absolutely suck at the races, so far I’ve gotten no trophies in the boat races, and barely scraped a bronze in a race as a bird. Got a couple golds as other animals though.

Anyone else struggling with the races? I thought the diving boards would be the hardest thing to do

17 hours ago, megacoolermensch said:

meh boring 

graphics suck

quit after 10 minutes 

i'm not saying the game is bad ok

No no of course you are not saying the game is bad

you are just saying only that is boring,graphics suck and you quitted the game after 10 minutes

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I’m really enjoying this game, it’s quite zen to clear off parts of the map. Only problem is that I absolutely suck at the races, so far I’ve gotten no trophies in the boat races, and barely scraped a bronze in a race as a bird. Got a couple golds as other animals though.

Anyone else struggling with the races? I thought the diving boards would be the hardest thing to do

The flying control is kinda bad but I played worst, these ones are not about top speed but maneuverability, try to hold the controller differently or maybe activating the option to stick the camera to Tchia's back (didn't use it tho, don't know if it helps).

The boat ones are doable at top speed just moving the stick all the way like your life depends on it, but I think putting at 3/4 speed still gives more than enough time to complete them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

For the flying ones don't be afraid to back off the throttle when approaching a sharp turn.  Use the left stick up/down to control speed and steer with the right stick.

I don't understand the diving challenges.  I've only done 1 so far but I've done as many flips and spins as possible before hitting the water and gone in with a perfect dive, but still come up short for the gold score.  Any tips?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBeens said:

For the flying ones don't be afraid to back off the throttle when approaching a sharp turn.  Use the left stick up/down to control speed and steer with the right stick.

I don't understand the diving challenges.  I've only done 1 so far but I've done as many flips and spins as possible before hitting the water and gone in with a perfect dive, but still come up short for the gold score.  Any tips?

Tbh, I think the diving ones are mostly luck. I found that if I span one way and then back I would get a combo, and always try to get head first into the water for extra points. 

I find them quick to keep trying, unlike the race ones which are great for getting me to another point in the map, but then I don’t want to backtrack to the start again

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 6:08 AM, snakebacon97 said:

I absolutely love picking up random objects, running around with them held skyward, and chucking them about like a menace.

Admittedly when you acquire the slingshot the first thing I did was repeatedly hit the dad

It wouldn't have even crossed my mind to do so if they didn't say "be nice"