Microsoft declares war on Sony

Rozalia1

Sony has pretty much scrutinize Microsoft for a very long time now. What I mean is that Sony has sold well enough consoles out on the market such as PS2 with PS backwards compatibility, PS4 and now PS5 with PS4 backwards compatibility and highlighted games such as Marvel's Spiderman PS4, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne and more. As for Japanese games I really do love em and fun to play depending on what it is. Even though Sony isn't the perfect bunch in the industry but I still support em. As for Microsoft, I don't give a fuck and I don't support them at all.

• Like 2

> In Japan

LOL. Why is this going to court for something that happened in another country?

Word of advice, don't name your product X -Box.

In Japan X is used as the answer to no, or dame (dah-meh) It doesn't have a favourable interpretation that's for sure.

Japanese people tend to stick too or favour Japanese made products anyway, but a product made overseas and literally can be read as Batsu Bokkusu "No good Box" won't do you any favours.

Besides, isn't this like, the 3rd release of X-Box in Japan. If you're gonna sue why not do it almost a decade ago? Consider how many Sony are behind Nintendo since the Switch's release, surely Microsoft should be suing Nintendo?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lion_Squid said:

I seriously doubt anything will actually come of this, 11 Congress members is nothing.

Yea, there's over 500 total...and most of them have better (?) things to do. :P  And again, the government is very inefficient and incompetent, so it'd take a miracle for something serious to come of this.

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

I've owned Xbox, 360 and XB1 but never really put much time into them since Nintendo and Sony always had better games.

Same here the only reason I even bought the Xbox was because of the forza horizon games those I think are the best racing games but once I finished them I sold the xbox

37 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

I'm losing my fucking mind from how people are still defending Microsoft considering how blatantly horrible this company has been behaving lately and what they've been doing.

Some people shouldn't be allowed on the web, holy shit. lmao

Microsoft has an effective PR machine that gets much of the gaming media on side (as we've seen, those who step out of line will get quickly attacked by Microsoft supporters), with the really heavy Xbox focused ones being suspected of straight up being paid shills. They also promote the console war like nobody else (up till now only through their proxies in the media/community) and to sweeten the pot you have their ambassador/reward programs and this cultivated Gamepass zealotry which thus far has been Microsoft subsidising these people's gaming. To these people Microsoft has been good to them, Spencer himself being a living saint.

There is a saying that goes somewhere along the lines of "number 2 hates on number 1, while number 1 ignores number 2". Most of the more hardcore gamers on PlayStation for a long time now (10 years?) have not really had to focus all that much on Microsoft. They're "on top" (Nintendo never factors in) significantly enough and Microsoft wasn't changing that so no need to get fussed about anything. Gamepass made a lot of people raise eyebrows as they suspected Microsoft being up to no good, but that has been the only thing to really cause an uptick in hate towards Xbox (until the Activation deal and now this nonsense). Meanwhile for Xbox hardcore gamers these last 10 years hating on Sony has been basically been their culture. What Microsoft has been doing is what they have dreamt about Microsoft doing against Sony, so they'll very enthusiastically support and defend it.

59 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

> In Japan

LOL. Why is this going to court for something that happened in another country?

Word of advice, don't name your product X -Box.

In Japan X is used as the answer to no, or dame (dah-meh) It doesn't have a favourable interpretation that's for sure.

Japanese people tend to stick too or favour Japanese made products anyway, but a product made overseas and literally can be read as Batsu Bokkusu "No good Box" won't do you any favours.

Besides, isn't this like, the 3rd release of X-Box in Japan. If you're gonna sue why not do it almost a decade ago? Consider how many Sony are behind Nintendo since the Switch's release, surely Microsoft should be suing Nintendo?

Very good explanation, I recall seeing something about that before. I'll give the post a like when I am once again able to. 

As you said, the very first thing they should have done was localise the name to something else but Microsoft simply has never cared about Japan. They bought a whole bunch of exclusives off Japanese developers at the start and when that didn't cause them to instantly rocket to being a strong competitor in the market they just wrote it off as pointless. As @PaintP put simply, Microsoft's "efforts" there are a joke, and to try and use that in their favour against Sony is an even bigger one.

6 minutes ago, Lion_Squid said:

I seriously doubt anything will actually come of this, 11 Congress members is nothing.

You're not wrong... and yet Microsoft is still doing this. That in itself is telling of a number of things.

5 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

The thing is that Phil Spencer, and Xbox by proxy, are very good are saying the right things even if (in my opinion) it's mostly buying studios or gamepass rights, rather than publishing games. Xbox also have announced a lot of games like Fable, Outer Worlds 2, and a Kojima game, people have gotten hyped for them, but there's little sign of them releasing, no gameplay or release window. It's pure audience pleasers without actually showing anything. 

Nower days Jim Ryan and playstation is the opposite, speaking only when it feels that it should, and only announcing games when they are at most 2 years away.

It's like the difference Trump and Biden, Talk a lot to your home base vs Barely talk at all.

Sony's lack of public talking might have to change considering how hard Microsoft is openly gunning for them... but its tough. The moment they start, Microsoft's PR machine will go into overdrive to position Sony as the aggressive party and I don't trust the gaming media to do their jobs and go against that.

• Like 2