Helldivers 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

The Galaxy’s Last Line of Offence. Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter. 

HELLDIVERS™ 2 is a 3rd person squad-based shooter that sees the elite forces of the Helldivers battling to win an intergalactic struggle to rid the galaxy of the rising alien threats. From a 3rd person perspective, players use a variety of weapons (pistols, machine guns, flamethrowers) and stratagems (turrets, airstrikes, etc.) to shoot and kill the alien threats. Players can also aim down the sights for a more accurate 1st person camera view. Combat is accompanied by frequent sprays of blood and dismemberment as players exterminate the alien forces or players and squad mates are hit by environmental explosions or friendly fire. Enemy encampments and battlefield environments depict bloodstains and dismembered corpses. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

One of my most wanted games. The graphics in the first was a little dated - definitely rectified now - but the gameplay was so much fun. So many weapon combinations and awesome stratagems that I still think of it every now and then - especially the heavy artillery barrage and strafing run.🥳

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I'm not so sure how I feel about it being 3rd person this time. I think I prefer the top down approach, especially with so many mobs, getting overwhelmed is going to be so much easier with your peripherals cut off. I could be wrong and I'm sure it will still be loads of fun.  

On 11/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, Don_Chipotle said:

The new angle doesnt look bad, but i totally agree the appeal of the first game was a fast paced 2d shooter with lots of stuff on screen and with strategy involved, not many games did that the way the first game

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way.

I don't really play games after finishing them (and still didn't with Helldivers 1) but I did get close to doing the 100% on a previous account and then rolled it all again from scratch on this one. 

The 2D appeal, the drop pods and stuff killing your teammate or enemies...I dunno. I feel like the charm was the cartoony effect but the satisfying controls and level of strategy you could use / sometimes needed was a balance and offered long term appeal. 

I just feel like they lose a lot of what drew me to the game in the first place. There's enough games in this style, the trailer looks so clumsy. 

I'll keep my eye on it but honestly kinda bummed. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

theres no reason why this game shouldnt have had a free beta. 

Exactly why not give us all a little taster before we put our money down I'm sure its a great game so let us experience it 

I could see it go on PS Extra in about year time 

• Like 1

Elina Lindström (Community & Support Team @Arrowhead Game Studios) -

We’re excited to confirm that as players fight in the Galactic War, they will also witness events unfold through our planned free updates. The universe of Helldivers 2 will grow and change to give our players refreshed gameplay, introducing new tools, new challenges, and new threats from around the galaxy.

PS Blog

Edited by Ghost

Attention Helldivers!

Super Earth is under attack and we’re preparing the greatest offensive this galaxy has ever seen! We’ve enlisted your favorite streamers from across the globe to join the fight against the enemy bug and bot forces!

Starting February 8th, 2024, you can watch your favorite creators including [Locklear], [ShivFPS], [Shroud], and more chase victory on the frontlines!

Keep up to date with the global campaign leaderboard on our central intelligence hub: https://gloryforsuperearth.com/ Twitch Drops are enabled - Unlock a special armor skin by tuning into participating creator streams on Twitch. The Helldivers 2: Glory For Super Earth Livestreams begin February 8, 2024!

I'm ready to do my part for Super Earth!

14 minutes ago, M-3llo-W said:

How to get a full Team with randoms? Ib only can invite my friend to Play but how do we fill Up the 2 Other Slots? Quick Play does Not Work right now is there No Other way?

SOS beacon in the match. Yeah the devs say matchmaking is under stress. I played for 2 hours with 2 other friends and had 0 issues so inviting and playing with friends works flawlessly. Game is an absolute blast. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

SOS beacon in the match. Yeah the devs say matchmaking is under stress. I played for 2 hours with 2 other friends and had 0 issues so inviting and playing with friends works flawlessly. Game is an absolute blast. 

We Player for 4 hours, Not a single one could Join through sos , and WE got several disconnects from Servers while in Mission ending with Zero mission ep and Materials everytime 😑

• Like 1

• 1 month later...