Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 Trophies Speculation

SaloonBoone

On 5/28/2023 at 10:37 PM, Rataclies said:

I think it's about time Konami remastered the Metal Gear Solid series. Especially the 1st Game. I've played it several several several times on PS1 and PC way back. I've been thinking about playing it again over the last couple of weeks and plugging in my PS1. But now i Just have to wait. I am a Happy Dude. 

This collection is a remastered collection, unless you mean remakes in which case Metal Gear Solid has a remake already but it is locked to Nintendo. Now which do I want to reply the original or Twin Snakes or both?

4 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

What was unobtainable? 

If I remember correctly there were some trophies related to pressing a button during cutscenes. But I was wrong, it was only when you played the game in a higher resolution than 720p and only on the EU/PAL version. Don't know if it was ever fixed, though.

5 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Doubtful.  Those games don't really have enough content in them, or different things to do, for a platinum without having an all-gold list or something.  The standard 12 trophies for a non-plat game would be fine here.

So MG doesn't have enough content for a platinum but shovelware that can be done in 30min does? 

It's not about the amount of content, it's about if they feel like adding a platinum or not. 

As an example: What Remains of Edith Finch, a short game of 3hs, didn't have a platinum when it launched on PS4, but when the game came out for the PS5 they added a platinum for that stack.

Edited by LorenzoLame
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Doubtful.  Those games don't really have enough content in them, or different things to do, for a platinum without having an all-gold list or something.  The standard 12 trophies for a non-plat game would be fine here.

There is more than enough content for a platinum in both MSX2 games, seemingly not too many misc trophies, at least in Metal Gear 1. They will probably only add the current versions available through MGS3 menu, I hope I'm wrong though.

Metal Gear trophies:

Defeat Shotmaker

Defeat the Tank

Defeat Machigun Kid

Defeat the Hind D

Defeat Fire Trooper

Defeat Broodly Brad

Defeat Dirty Duck

Destroy Metal Gear

Defeat Big Boss

Complete the game on any difficulty

Fool an enemy with the cardboard box

Complete the game without dying

Complete the game without alerts

Complete the game with no continues

Save a prisoner

Save all prisoners

Achieve Big Boss codename

Acquire the Beretta

Acquire the cardboard box

Acquire the gas mask

Acquire the disguise

Acquire all items

Acquire all weapons

Get captured

Retrieve your gear

Parachute to the courtyard

Make contact with Gray Fox

Make contact with Dr Madnar

Defeat a boss without taking damage

Defeat an enemy with your fists

Lose health by smoking cigarrettes

Get maximum health

Get killed by all types of Outer Heaven traps

Succumb to scorpion's venom

Take the wrong ladder when escaping Outer Heaven

Eat a ration

Get killed by dogs

There can be more story related trophies and a few more misc trophies (e.g. don't get damage from electrified floors more than once).

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake trophies:

Defeat Black Ninja
Defeat Running Man

Survive the stairwell chase
Defeat Red Blaster
Defeat Jungle Evil
Defeat the Hind D
Defeat the Four Horsemen
Defeat Night Fright
Defeat Doctor Madnar
Defeat Metal Gear D
Defeat Gray Fox
Defeat Big Boss
Survive the final chase
Complete the game on any difficulty
Achieve Big Boss codename
Get past lasers by using your cigarrettes
Eat all types of rations
Collect all types of cardboard boxes
Travel inside a truck while in a cardboard box
Cross the bridge
Get an anonimous call
Attrack an enemy by running on the wrong place
Use a ration to get past an acid pool
Fool an enemy into oppening a gate
Fool an enemy with the cardboard box
Lose all your rations to a snake
Collect the owl egg
Collect the Zanzibar key
Get killed by rats
Defeat a boss without taking damage
Complete the game without alerts
Complete the game without continues
Complete the game without dying

There could be more trophies but that's all I can think of right now, I'm not sure if I'm missing a boss or not.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

There is more than enough content for a platinum in both MSX2 games, seemingly not too many misc trophies, at least in Metal Gear 1. They will probably only add the current versions available through MGS3 menu, I hope I'm wrong though.

Metal Gear trophies:

*SNIP*

There can be more story related trophies and a few more misc trophies (e.g. don't get damage from electrified floors more than once).

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake trophies:

*SNIP*

There could be more trophies but that's all I can think of right now, I'm not sure if I'm missing a boss or not.

Fair enough, I'll admit to forgetting a lot of the stuff that was in those games.  It's been many years since I played them, so my recollection of them is hazy at best.

My post was intended to put across the point that not every single game needs a platinum trophy.  Should have worded it better, though.

3 hours ago, LorenzoLame said:

So MG doesn't have enough content for a platinum but shovelware that can be done in 30min does? 

Who said anything about shovelware?

4 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Fair enough, I'll admit to forgetting a lot of the stuff that was in those games.  It's been many years since I played them, so my recollection of them is hazy at best.

My post was intended to put across the point that not every single game needs a platinum trophy.  Should have worded it better, though.

I see your point. There are some games with a platinum that doesn't need it, usually shovelware where all you have to do is press a single button since that's pretty much there is to do. On the other hand there are games with tons of content that lack a platinum than can have several trophies besides the base game ones (like Spelunky) and even games that don't have trophy support (like some earlier PS3 games).

I really hope both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake get a platinum even if there are only a few trophies but that probably won't happen, let's hope I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we now know that you can buy Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 individually based off the new information: https://www.konami.com/mg/mc/us/en/. This leads me to think they've got a standard 1 plat each game (2s and 3s list based off the PS3 HD versions).

They're also including Metal Gear, and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (which I think we knew before), but now also know we're getting the NES version of Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge as well! I would absolutely love for these extra games to have trophy lists, but I have a feeling we won't get them as they're not standalone releases, and it also was like when the PS3 HD version came with the MSX games but had no trophies :( 

• 1 month later...

According to the new post on the PS Blog, MGS1 has a Platinum trophy and appears that you download each game individually.

So as said above and per the Konami official site, seems all 3 Solid games will have a platinum trophy each as they can each be purchased separately. Either that or MGS has a platinum, but the other 2 Solid games have trophies but no platinum, but the MGS1 Platinum is confirmed at least!!

Not sure on the NEW titles.

Appears to allow Save States as well so may help a few things.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I love nostalgia plats, so I hope even the NES games get plats. I haven't played the first Metal Gear in 30 years and never played the 2nd one; trophies would actually give me enough incentive to play them.

Not particularly excited to do Frog collecting or VR sniper missions again, though....

33 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

I see, it was so weird to leave PS4 out of this specific HD Collection, hope it doesn't take too long, I love Metal Gear 3.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 10:37 AM, Cloud_Squall78 said:

no physical PS4 version? I will pass. thanks for the info. I do still have the PS3 Collection as well.

Edited by Void

• 3 weeks later...