Metro Redux (Metro 2033 + Last Light + DLC) coming to PS4 (RUMOR)

StyX_AuT

Some Italian site (everyeye.it) claims that they have evidence that both Metro Games (plus the DLCs) will be ported to the PS4 (and the XB1). 

Taken from the site "One of our exclusive user reports that in July it plans to launch Metro Redux for PC , PlayStation 4 and Xbox One . It is a comprehensive collection of Metro 2033 , Metro Last Light and its downloadable content available with major graphical improvements especially for the console versions. 

There are still no official confirmation from publisher Deep Silver and developer 4A Games , but given the success of the game and the technical limitations of the console versions of the older generation is not a possibility to be excluded altogether."

C90gkbn.jpg

0IAAKeZ.jpg

Note that the article has already been taken from the website (thus I can´t offer a link).

Seems like more and more games will get a "Definitive Edition" for the PS4. Last of Us (which is available for PreOrder at some shops (afaik Spanish, Czech and Austrian retailers are offering preorders), GTA V and Beyond Two Souls (the engine is already capable to run on PS4 and one of the devs said the chances for a port are good) will probably be ported as well. 

Edited by StyX_AuT

OMG innovative games for the ps4!

Wonderful idea from those guys at sony just remaking games for the ps4, those guys must be some kind of genius!

SARCASM OFF:

Sony is joking with my money, 500 euros for a ps4 and they just give me old games!?

It's not too soon, PS4 is nearly 6 months old, and still they only care about ports, I can't be the only one who's pissed about this situation

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

OMG innovative games for the ps4!

Wonderful idea from those guys at sony just remaking games for the ps4, those guys must be some kind of genius!

SARCASM OFF:

Sony is joking with my money, 500 euros for a ps4 and they just give me old games!?

It's not too soon, PS4 is nearly 6 months old, and still they only care about ports, I can't be the only one who's pissed about this situation

I wasn't aware Sony was developing or porting these games. 

If you wanted a large library of PlayStation 4 games to play you shouldn't have bought one near launch, it always take a while for consoles to have a good library of games. 

Parker

• Like 4

I'm going to go on a limb and say 'what has this got to do with Sony?' - Publisher wants to release a reviewed game on a ps4, a console that could get much closer to the capabilities of say, a PC ? shocker

anywho, not one for me, but I'm sure lots would be happy to try out metro 2033

• Like 1

If you wanted a large library of PlayStation 4 games to play you shouldn't have bought one near launch, it always take a while for consoles to have a good library of games. 

Parker

I just see you defending the ps4 and the treatment it is getting

Aren't you annoyed by the lack of games on the PS4!?

I just see you defending the ps4 and the treatment it is getting

Aren't you annoyed by the lack of games on the PS4!?

I just see you spreading false information.

I have plenty of games to keep me occupied on my PS4 and there are plenty more coming this year for me to be bothered by a few ports. 

Parker

Parker

The thing is all we are seeing at the moment is ports ports and more ports =/

They've removed backwards compatibilty to reduce the console's manufacturing costs, but in reality it does smell a whole lot like a cheap marketing trick to make you pay twice for the same games!

Depends if you see it that way. A lot of these games I don't have and will happily purchase for my PS4. I also understand that these are ports of older games people may or may not have played before, and the PS4 is being littered with them.

As Parker said, it's to be expected that early in the cycle, it's mostly recent ports aside the one or two exclusives. This is just what happens with launches and the price to pay for early adoption.

At least with ports the PS4 is getting aren't horribly old or nerfed. For the most part, the ports are acceptable or enhanced. Nintendo gets it worse. Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS being the exact same game, literally, with next to no visible 3D tech. Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U being a massive slap across the face considering the Trilogy come out the week after it did. I don't see this kind of treatment in the PS4 ports.

I love people getting upset about this stuff, don't fucking buy it if it bothers you and go do something you enjoy instead of bitch bitch bitch. I for one am getting this just as soon as it comes out. Never got the opportunity to play any of the Metro games and looks like this would be the time.

• Like 2

They've removed backwards compatibilty to reduce the console's manufacturing costs, but in reality it does smell a whole lot like a cheap marketing trick to make you pay twice for the same games!

Well the PS4 would be quite bigger (and hotter) if they packed the Cell and RSX in it also. There is no BC because of that reason and also because they are pushing Playstation Now. The Metro series is a PC benchmark (visually) and I have no problem buying them again to see their full potential. I almost beat Metro 2033  but my PC couldn't handle it so when I got to the end, the water physics would make my framerate so bad it was unplayable.

Metro:LL was a decent game to get free on plus, but it had enough glaring problems that it certainly didn't leave me with an overwhelming urge to play an older version. I'll file this under don't care.

As for complaining about ports, people are buying the crap out of these ports so don't hold your breath to see it slow down over the next 6 months.

Even if you've played Metro: Last Light, this collection will be awesome imply for the fact that 2033 is included. PlayStation 3 owners really missed out with that title (in my opinion) and the game will be even more awesome on the PlayStation 4. 

Parker

Well, for right now that may be true but there´s always a drought at the beginning of a new gen. 

And this edition gives Sony owners the possibility to play Metro 2033 which wasn´t released on the PS3. Plus, neither the PS3 nor the 360 were powerful enough to show the amazing graphics the game has (looks absolutely stunning on a good Rig). 

Furthermore, there are over 100 games already announced to be released this year for the PS4.

The List:

V8AnRFS.png

71XCS4p.png

FK1GXbO.png

5l238Vt.png