What vita should i get?

JackBoug

Sorry if this is already a thread. So I can get the older vita today, the new one I will have to wait for a while to get, the 2000 I think (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm probably going to get the older, cheaper version, but is there that much of a difference between the 2, apart from size, weight ect.   

Cheers

The original Vita has an OLED screen which is better than the LCD screen of the new Vita but the new Vita has better battery life. Personally I'd go with the original but you can't really go wrong either way, it is a wonderful console. 

Parker

• Like 2

Why the 3G, I think that a Wifi version (normal one) is more than enough, unless you want to have a Ps Vita as a tablet/smartphone that is always connected, which I find not very intersting

I wouldn't bother with 3G either. You'll have to pay a monthly fee to a provider for a limited amount of data and it isn't fast enough that you'll be able to play games online consistently so Wi-Fi is the way to go, in my opinion.

Parker

• Like 1

The original Vita has an OLED screen which is better than the LCD screen of the new Vita but the new Vita has better battery life. Personally I'd go with the original but you can't really go wrong either way, it is a wonderful console. 

Parker

Yea, you gotta go with the OLED while you still can. I've been contemplating buying another -- in case something happens to mine I don't want to be stuck having to get the LCD version. I get on average 4 hours battery life from the vita when I'm on the go, but this can be prolonged by muting the volume and dimming the screen brightness.

Everyone is saying the OLED, and while it's true that it has a better screen, it also has burn-in issues. And unlike other screens, there's nothing you can do to remove it. I've had my Vita for a couple of years, and there's little spots here and there of burn-in, and it's incredibly annoying. I'm planning on buying a new one once the LCD version gets released in the US.

So, the OLED looks better, but it likely won't have the same lifespan as an LCD one. And if you start with the LCD, you'll never know the difference. It will still look great.

Everyone is saying the OLED, and while it's true that it has a better screen, it also has burn-in issues. And unlike other screens, there's nothing you can do to remove it. I've had my Vita for a couple of years, and there's little spots here and there of burn-in, and it's incredibly annoying. I'm planning on buying a new one once the LCD version gets released in the US.

So, the OLED looks better, but it likely won't have the same lifespan as an LCD one. And if you start with the LCD, you'll never know the difference. It will still look great.

OLED will last more than battery itself then what? i personally dont have any burn-in issue,

been using it 10 hours everyday. (mine is near 2 years old by now)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Why the 3G, I think that a Wifi version (normal one) is more than enough, unless you want to have a Ps Vita as a tablet/smartphone that is always connected, which I find not very intersting

I wouldn't bother with 3G either. You'll have to pay a monthly fee to a provider for a limited amount of data and it isn't fast enough that you'll be able to play games online consistently so Wi-Fi is the way to go, in my opinion.

Parker

I get a free sim card with 500 Mb/month with my internet connection. I just prefer to always be online and it's handy for games like Destiny of Spirits, Smart As, TOM Blitz, Pinball, Treasure Park, Travel Bug, T@g, etc. Also for Near plus thanks to my Vita 3g I don't really need a smartphone. And when there is a wifi problem, I can always fall back on 3g. Edited by Vorlon

See this was troubling me also but I decided that I would get the 2000 because of the bundle deal

Even though Sony STILL hasn't given us a official release date  :spank: I still pre-ordered it.

Anyway I hope you enjoy which ever one you buy! :D

And to everyone I hope you guys enjoy your Vitas in general!  :wave:

The 3G model is the one with the GPS built in. So it could be used as a street map when you are on holiday or it can be used to locate you for Smart As and ModNation etc without the need to connect to a wifi network.

No one buys the 3G model, which was actually £30 more expensive at launch, so if you can find it its often cheaper than the wifi only version!