Collect all weapons is a bit of a joke

First off, I hate games that make you do NG+ stuff to get one trophy (finish the game on NG+ or finish the game on ultra hard (that you can't unlock until you play it once)). These trophies end up making players dislike a game because they just spent 20, maybe 60 hours in a game and then you have to do it all over again right away for one trophy. It reminds me of ghouls n ghosts. Ah, you thought you were finished, No chance. Do the entire thing again for one trophy or you can't get your platinum.

This one is really annoying. Challenge mode, got to MS Zurkon and say there were three, THREE new weapons and the cost? a total of 850 thousand bolts. That's probably double what I spent on every other gun in the game combined.

So now I have to probably play the entire thing again just to grind and grind to buy three guns for one trophy or no plat. So? I ditched it. I am sick of devs putting these grindy as hell trophies into games and forcing us to play a game twice, back to back just for one trophy that locks the platinum.

I deleted the game and I won't play it again. Whoever thought this would be a fun challenge just put a sour taste in my mouth for a game I was loving. Now I resent ever looking at it.

• Haha 2

The weapons for new game plus shouldn't cost anything. At least they didn't for me. Got the trophy as soon as I got to the first vendor 

From the trophy guide itself

Bouncer

1 bolt

Challenge Mode Ms. Zurkon 1st area

Pixelizer

1 bolt

Challenge Mode Ms. Zurkon 1st area/pre order bonus

So they only cost 1 bolt each. You probably mistaken the upgraded versions of older weapons and flipped out. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jammsbro said:

This one is really annoying. Challenge mode, got to MS Zurkon and say there were three, THREE new weapons and the cost? a total of 850 thousand bolts. That's probably double what I spent on every other gun in the game combined.

So now I have to probably play the entire thing again just to grind and grind to buy three guns for one trophy or no plat. So? I ditched it. I am sick of devs putting these grindy as hell trophies into games and forcing us to play a game twice, back to back just for one trophy that locks the platinum.

Did you accidentally start Challenge mode without ensuring it was in NG+? Because I just platinumed this a few weeks ago and got every weapon, including the Ryno, in my first playthrough without having to grind bolts at all while getting every other trophy along the way. Loaded up Challenge/NG+ right after beating the game, got to the first Mrs. Zurkon in like ten minutes, and the last two weapons -- the Bouncer and the Pixelizer -- were available for 1 bolt each. Bought, done, platinum. This was an incredibly breezy platinum, and I'm not sure where the 850,000 bolt number could possibly be coming from unless you did accidentally start Challenge Mode outside of NG+...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geoffx37 said:

I just platinumed this a few weeks ago and got every weapon, including the Ryno, in my first playthrough without having to grind bolts at all while getting every other trophy along the way.

This^

No idea what went wrong in your game OP. I echo Geoff's post 100%.

Edited by MrTacoNinja