Why is this game free?

Hello everyone!

I just downloaded this game from PSN but I was perplexed by the fact that it was free. That seems strange. Is there some catch to it like upcoming paid content that might add more trophies or something?

Edited by Cosmokeeper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I can almost guarantee that most people on here have more than one regional account but do as you wish

Then they will have problems in the years to come. I'd rather play it safe.

But thanks for trying to help me, I would love to play this game.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a simple edutainment game, with the game portion of it being very light. It was made by a non-profit, and does ask for donations in game but that's hardly necessary.

I don't normally see them on PSN, but there are tons of free edutainment games out there made by non-profits. There are some math and spelling ones my kids will play now and then.

17 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I would never do anything like that. That would be against Sony's terms and conditions, which you also agreed to, because you have to enter an incorrect address.

Sony will take more action against such illegal accounts in the next few years and there is a risk that the respective main account will also be banned at the same time.

The whole accounts in multiple regions thing has been around for a decade and Sony has not done a crackdown on it. Honestly, it's in their best interest not to because allowing it means people buy more games.

I think probably the most telling argument against a crackdown is that Sony selectively enforces it in very specific cases. An example is the ban of accounts which purchased PS+ using a Turkish account since PS+ is cheapest in Turkey. Sony clearly knows, and has known for years, that this happens and only enforces it when it leads to lower revenue. Even then, the only accounts which were banned were the false Turkish accounts.

• Like 4

Thanks for your comments everyone ?? That clears it up for me. I know of Luc Bernard and I have heard about this project of his before but I didn't know more than that. That's very generous of Arcade Distillery and a thought-provoking concept to bring to a game, even if the gameplay elements are light like Komrade_Dusty pointed out.

I played 11-11: Memories Retold on my Xbox last year and even though it could have used some story improvements here and there it was also something that delved into some heavy subject matter. Again, cheers for your replies ?

11 hours ago, shadaik said:

It's an educational game about history (specifically, nazi occupation of France and the holocaust). It's free for the same reason some museums are, making money is simply not the point.

This ^
Couldn't have said it better

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, Sikutai said:

I would never do anything like that. That would be against Sony's terms and conditions, which you also agreed to, because you have to enter an incorrect address.

Sony will take more action against such illegal accounts in the next few years and there is a risk that the respective main account will also be banned at the same time.

There is zero evidence Sony will “take more action against such illegal accounts.”

Take a break from TMB News, make your account, and enjoy.

FYI my original account is my English account. I moved to New zealand 10 years ago and didn't want to start a new account for trophy tracking reasons, I still wanted to keep playing my games on my uk account. However psn wouldn't accept my new zealand bank card onto my uk account because of the different regions, so I set up an nz account for ps+, made that the main account on my playstation then play the games on my uk username. Never had even a sniff of a problem. I'll be moving to australia next week where I assume the region won't change, but if it won't accept my Australian card onto the ps+ account, I'll be creating another, new account so I can continue to use my original one. I can't see why they would crack down on this because there will be many, many people out there who have created these multiple accounts in different countries for legitimate reasons like I have.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2023 at 1:32 PM, Sikutai said:

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense and just fear mongering. Stop allowing you to create accounts outside of your country, maybe, and that is a very slim maybe. But that's it, no accounts will be banned especially your main. You've clearly just made this up in your own head lol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2023 at 1:55 PM, Sikutai said:

I would love to play it, but this game is not available on the German store. Like so many other games before it.

I wonder why this was never made available in Germany. 

On 6/28/2023 at 2:32 PM, Sikutai said:

What a german thing to say :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:02 PM, Sikutai said:

Then stop complaining about the game not being on your local store if you won’t make another region account to play the game.

• Like 1