Platinum in under 1 hour - Text & Video Guide

Great guide! Worked very well.

Thanks for sharing your work.

I came across 2 major bugs on my PS5 run.

They are both related to Cub Skills, one of them I couldn't get the cub to follow me back down the tree (the cub's animation while it was climbing the tree was glitched, he was climbling out of thin air 2 feet away from the tree) and the other one the cub wouldn't grab the Easter Egg at the end (the animation glitched, the mother fox moved but the cub didn't). Had to restart both Nights by quitting to Main Menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Fruits said:

Great guide! Worked very well.

Thanks for sharing your work.

I came across 2 major bugs on my PS5 run.

They are both related to Cub Skills, one of them I couldn't get the cub to follow me back down the tree (the cub's animation while it was climbing the tree was glitched, he was climbling out of thin air 2 feet away from the tree) and the other one the cub wouldn't grab the Easter Egg at the end (the animation glitched, the mother fox moved but the cub didn't). Had to restart both Nights by quitting to Main Menu.

Thanks for that info, should help anybody else that has a similar problem.

Talking about bugs, i've also read about the door not opening to get to the Vending Machine, or the Badger not appearing to reveal the shortcut to the Chicken Barn.

These may all be bugs, or some may be very low RNG events. So if these points affect anyone, either try restarting the day by quitting and reloading as Capt Fruits says, or try doing it again on another day.

On another day, I mean as in on a day where I usually skip it, just instead of skipping it, you will come back to wherever and try it again. Also remember there are other paths you can take as well.

The Vending Machine btw, is the ONLY Tinned Food that counts so you MUST get that one. Its weird, but from experience, Ive left Tinned Food till last on a few platinum runs, other Tinned Food wouldnt pop the Omnivore trophy, only the Vending Machine one would

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

i've also read about the door not opening to get to the Vending Machine

I can confirm that just happened to me on PS4. Instead of taking my chances on an other day I preferred quitting to main menu and follow the guide's path. Might be a RNG event or a bug, but reloading the day can fix it.

3 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Cant get the vending machine door to open no matter what. Reloading saves, doing it on different nights. Nothing. 

Just keep checking back, thats all you can do. I cant say for sure if its a bug or randomised.

Any nights I skip, instead just sprint back and check. Ive got the vending machine on one of the very last days before, the night we get the final 2 skills, which also puts you nearby.

Even though the door is closed for you, is the orange event icon still on the map where it is?

Edited by Optinooby

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Just keep checking back, thats all you can do. I cant say for sure if its a bug or randomised.

Any nights I skip, instead just sprint back and check. Ive got the vending machine on one of the very last days before, the night we get the final 2 skills, which also puts you nearby.

Even though the door is closed for you, is the orange event icon still on the map where it is?

Haven't seen a orange symbol yet, I will keep checking and let you know if it appears and the door is still shut. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Haven't seen a orange symbol yet, I will keep checking and let you know if it appears and the door is still shut. 

That maybe a way to tell if its open, rather that keep sprinting all the way back to check, just open the map and see if the orange event icon is there.

All the orange events from what I gather and witnessed, are sort of fixed on certain nights and if you miss one, it rolls onto the next day until you progress the nights enough and it eventually gets removed due to story events.

You're not the first with that vending machine door being closed, its happening to quite a few. 

I just can't say if its a bug or RNG. It's mad because I platinumed this like over 5-10 times while planning this all, and never once was that door closed on nights which I planned to go there. I wish I had experienced it being closed so I could have experimented with it.

Keep us updated please ;)

Edited by Optinooby

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

That maybe a way to tell if its open, rather that keep sprinting all the way back to check, just open the map and see if the orange event icon is there.

All the orange events from what I gather and witnessed, are sort of fixed on certain nights and if you miss one, it rolls onto the next day until you progress the nights enough and it eventually gets removed due to story events.

You're not the first with that vending machine door being closed, its happening to quite a few. 

I just can't say if its a bug or RNG. It's mad because I platinumed this like over 5-10 times while planning this all, and never once was that door closed on nights which I planned to go there. I wish I had experienced it being closed so I could have experimented with it.

You don't need the vending machine food. I got a piece of food via a cub squeeze in junkyard area it was a bag that said MEAT but it popped up as a tin can when eaten and it counted. Cause like others the door wasn't open for me. Amazing guide though! :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

You don't need the vending machine food. I got a piece of food via a cub squeeze in junkyard area it was a bag that said MEAT but it popped up as a tin can when eaten and it counted. Cause like others the door wasn't open for me. Amazing guide though! :)

What that popped the trophy?? From my experience, other Tinned Food doesn't count.........

Due to my weird experience with the Tinned Food, I deliberately left it till last on a Test Plat Run. I then got the Tinned Food just to the left of where you take the Badger Cub back to the Badger earlier, no trophy. So I then restarted, but this time tried the Tinned Food at the Vending Machine and it popped then.

So may take away was that other Tinned Food doesn't count, or maybe a glitch, but the Vending Machine tinned food works. 

But if you managed to pop it on a completely different Tinned Food, then please let me know and I will mention it in the guide.

It's possible only that specific Tinned Food near the Badger Cub rescue doesn't work, or it was just coincidence and I was hit with a bad glitch......

I almost bought the Xbox version so I can check if the Achievement tracker works for the trophy, then I can see EXACTLY what counts properly, but the game is a little too expensive for what it is. Definitely would never have played this if it hadn't come to Plus

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

First night I saw the icon and was able to go to the vending machine was Night 23 and 24. I went to it on 24 and got the cans. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

First night I saw the icon and was able to go to the vending machine was Night 23 and 24. I went to it on 24 and got the cans. 

Thanks for the update.

So if I was to say to others, "just keep checking your map every night until a orange event icon appears where the vending machine is, then head over and grab it", that would pretty much cover it??