Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 underway!

3 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

(15) Andrea9281 (511.1) v (2.3) jemmie

Congratulations to Andrea on winning CWC and Season 26!

I'll be sending messages over the weekend to people who need it re inactives, etc. So more information about Season 27, including the start dates, will be revealed soon.

Well, @Andrea9281 popping more plats than I scored points is a nice way to wrap up the season. This may have not been the grand finale you were anticipating, but a well-deserved win nevertheless.

I know I've been back and forth over whether to retire, and honestly, I'm torn. On one hand, I don't want to throw the first two fixtures, but on the other hand, I feel like I formed some good rivalries (especially with @ShogunCroCop and I slowing advancing towards the iron fortress which is the platinum league). Am I allowed to decide after the start date is revealed, or would it be too late by then? That's basically the crux of my decision at this point.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jemmie said:

Well, @Andrea9281 popping more plats than I scored points is a nice way to wrap up the season. This may have not been the grand finale you were anticipating, but a well-deserved win nevertheless.

I know I've been back and forth over whether to retire, and honestly, I'm torn. On one hand, I don't want to throw the first two fixtures, but on the other hand, I feel like I formed some good rivalries (especially with @ShogunCroCop and I slowing advancing towards the iron fortress which is the platinum league). Am I allowed to decide after the start date is revealed, or would it be too late by then? That's basically the crux of my decision at this point.

You have time. As long as you decide before the next season starts.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jemmie said:

Well, @Andrea9281 already declared her victory in her signature. I can't possibly compete with that!

Well she did end up winning but to do that before the whole thing is actually over is kinda cringey, ngl :huh:.

@jemmie Figured this would be a new record for the all-time lowest score for a CWC finalist :awesome: but then I looked at the docs and apparently @Psy-Tychist still holds that record by scoring both 1 point and 0 points in two CWC finals :lol:.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Well she did end up winning but to do that before the whole thing is actually over is kinda cringey, ngl :huh:.

@jemmie Figured this would be a new record for the all-time lowest score for a CWC finalist :awesome: but then I looked at the docs and apparently @Psy-Tychist still holds that record by scoring both 1 point and 0 points in two CWC finals :lol:.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't bother me, but I did already wave the white flag in a sense, so no harm done.

I was going to get zero, but then @Psy-Tychist pushed me to earn a single trophy with that whitewash comment. That's opponent manipulation if I ever saw it.

Edited by jemmie
  • Like 2

Congrats @Andrea9281 on the victory, another fine effort and well done to all the finalists even @Redbeard-Rik, was a pleasure to see all those platinum pics you held on too for just a minute to long ? 

If there is an opening I would gladly like to take it, it will be wonderful to return to my true home. The lowest level of the league. 

On 01/07/2020 at 1:03 PM, Andrea9281 said:

Takes me back to the first competition I competed in with you: THTL season 1, where I did much the same mind games to blindside CJ and make it to the finals

This reminds me of my favourite moment in a competition, also the THTL, the season number alludes me. The fear and desperation evident in our opponents eyes. A smirk a mile long our team can not hide. A spam hunter stands tall long before the popularity of the Ratta Platta Revolution, now adopted by all. The trophies set to fly, carnage, then dreams destroyed. And then from nowhere a shock loss that sent ripples of shock, disgust and anger felt across the seas, even down under a sight to see. As the good Sir is laid to waste by a trophy hobbyist. Perhaps the only loss @Andrea9281 has had to endure be it by the fault of a Donk by character if not yet named. To this day I have held the scandalous truth close, but time to unburden this tragic loss. Alas he does protest,  it was solely at the hands of a misplaced vita containing its 6 prepped plats from the promised land. And so dear trophy hunters let it be learned indulgence in fine vino comes at a cost. Amusing for sure but let's never forget. A wonderful blemish on an otherwise perfect career. And to this day I still smile, you can thank me later but even Trophy Gods do fall, if by the wobbly hand of an affectatious old fool. So congrats @Andrea9281 but we shall never forget 1 million wins but still 1 loss.     ?

Edited by AffectatiousDonk
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Congrats @Andrea9281 on the victory, another fine effort and well done to all the finalists even @Redbeard-Rik, was a pleasure to see all those platinum pics you held on too for just a minute to long 1f61b.png 

If there is an opening I would gladly like to take it, it will be wonderful to return to my true home. The lowest level of the league. 

This reminds me of my favourite moment in a competition, also the THTL, the season number alludes me. The fear and desperation evident in our opponents eyes. A smirk a mile long our team can not hide. A spam hunter stands tall long before the popularity of the Ratta Platta Revolution, now adopted by all. The trophies set to fly, carnage, then dreams destroyed. And then from nowhere a shock loss that sent ripples of shock, disgust and anger felt across the seas, even down under a sight to see. As the good Sir is laid to waste by a trophy hobbyist. Perhaps the only loss @Andrea9281 has had to endure be it by the fault of a Donk by character if not yet named. To this day I have held the scandalous truth close, but time to unburden this tragic loss. Alas he does protest,  it was solely at the hands of a misplaced vita containing its 6 prepped plats from the promised land. And so dear trophy hunters let it be learned indulgence in fine vino comes at a cost. Amusing for sure but let's never forget. A wonderful blemish on an otherwise perfect career. And to this day I still smile, you can thank me later but even Trophy Gods do fall, if by the wobbly hand of an affectatious old fool. So congrats @Andrea9281 but we shall never forget 1 million wins but still 1 loss.     1f600.png

You are in. And also welcome back Kent!

• Like 1

HA! You all thought I was leaving, but I'm here to stay! Based on the start date, it looks like I won't be around for 90% of the first fixture. Well, a 9-1 record won't be so bad.

25 minutes ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

As one trophy monster leaves, another one enters; such is the balance of the THL. No worries though. I have faith that @Kent10201 will keep you far away from the next CWC. :giggle:

• Like 2

@ShogunCroCop Updated the OP.

4 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

The league keeps adding people. This is awesome! If we get 4 more, we can add another league!

Just wanted to comment about this. Are you sure you want to add another league? Personally I'd much rather have the current leagues increase in size (e.g. 8 instead of 6 people per league). That way it would resemble the league from a few seasons ago more. I also think that if you add yet another small league, it will get too cluttered and promotions/relegations will start making no sense anymore once a handful of people retire. Just my two cents.

Looking forward to next season either way, hopefully I get to have my revenge on @ApriIis :ninja:.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just wanted to comment about this. Are you sure you want to add another league? Personally I'd much rather have the current leagues increase in size (e.g. 8 instead of 6 people per league). That way it would resemble the league from a few seasons ago more. I also think that if you add yet another small league, it will get too cluttered and promotions/relegations will start making no sense anymore once a handful of people retire. Just my two cents.

I agree on this front. Even if we evened out the leagues with an uneven number (like 7 per league) that would be preferable as you can have a mid season break or bye system.

50 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I agree on this front. Even if we evened out the leagues with an uneven number (like 7 per league) that would be preferable as you can have a mid season break or bye system.

That is fine. To me, it doesn’t matter. Right now we have two extras. So if we get 3 more we can reshuffle the leagues to 7 apiece and do breaks/byes.

So lets shoot for 3 more people.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

@ShogunCroCop Updated the OP.

Looking forward to next season either way, hopefully I get to have my revenge on @ApriIis :ninja:.

Good call. Right now we have all leagues at 6, plus two extras. If we can get 3 people instead of 4, we can have 5 leagues of 7. And do breaks/byes.

• Like 1

Really glad this event is still kicking. I'm under a new PSN account. I had a lot of fun here under my x9zachattack5x account. I have so many damn good memories here. I hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Zach said:

Really glad this event is still kicking. I'm under a new PSN account. I had a lot of fun here under my x9zachattack5x account. I have so many damn good memories here. I hope everyone is doing well.

We have room if you want to join back up. 

• Like 1