Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Whaaaaat!!!! :jaymon: Don't let THL die.

Of course not, just trying to make people a little more motivated again. Season 22 will probably have some rule changes etc. as well to spice it up a bit. The last few seasons it has been pretty dead around here apart from the Manganese League.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Of course not, just trying to make people a little more motivated again. Season 22 will probably have some rule changes etc. as well to spice it up a bit. The last few seasons it has been pretty dead around here apart from the Manganese League.

Can we do away with breaks between fixtures? It would help the season go quicker, and make for greater strategy of having to prepare on the fly, instead of taking a day or two to prep for the next series of fixtures.

Also, I am an advocate of getting rid of the definitive win vs win. A win is a win, no matter how small. The rewards should be the same. Especially if a DW is given because someone is inactive and scores a 0. Why are we rewarding that with an extra point? (Just my thoughts).

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Also, I am an advocate of getting rid of the definitive win vs win. A win is a win, no matter how small. The rewards should be the same. Especially if a DW is given because someone is inactive and scores a 0. Why are we rewarding that with an extra point? (Just my thoughts).

I agree whith this. Getting an extra point for scoring 10 points against an inactive person and don't get an extra point wining 202-201 seems ridiculous for now. Maybe we can give an extra point per 100 points in  a fixture instead.

Edited by VASORAT13
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 6:33 PM, Lucas said:

My suggestion is setting fastest achievers  complete time limit to 10 or 12 hours for fixtures and 15 hours for CVC. That way it would be more challenging and much more fair, it would no longer be a “the one who can afford to buy more easy games will win” and people who don’t like easy plats but want to compete would be able to win. 

5 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

My suggestion is setting fastest achievers  complete time limit to 10 or 12 hours for fixtures and 15 hours for CVC. That way it would be more challenging and much more fair, it would no longer be a “the one who can afford to buy more easy games will win” and people who don’t like easy plats but want to compete would be able to win. 

It seems to me that people who play longer games are the ones who would be at a disadvantage by this and win less, while people with lots of easy plats would still play the same games and win :hmm: .

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It seems to me that people who play longer games are the ones who would be at a disadvantage by this and win less, while people with lots of easy plats would still play the same games and win :hmm: .

With current rules, people can earn a plat per 4.5 hours, 10 or 12 hours would greatly reduce this. I know, people who play games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim or Monster Hunter will lose this way too, but it is impossible to plat this games in 4 days anyway.

The point is avoiding people from crushing their opponents by tons of 5-hour plats while their apponents are playing and platting average 20-30 hour games.

Edited by BrutalLooter

9 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

With current rules, people can earn a plat per 4.5 hours, 10 or 12 hours would greatly reduce this. I know, people who play games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim or Monster Hunter will lose this way too, but it is impossible to plat this games in 4 days anyway.

The point is avoiding people from crushing their apponents by tons of 5-hour plats while their apponents are playing and platting average 20-30 hour games.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but IMO that's still going to happen, even if a fixture is only 10 or 12 hours. Such a short time would also add another problem: with time differences, it's entirely possible to miss entire fixtures due to things like sleeping, work, school, etc.

30 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but IMO that's still going to happen, even if a fixture is only 10 or 12 hours. Such a short time would also add another problem: with time differences, it's entirely possible to miss entire fixtures due to things like sleeping, work, school, etc.

He's not saying to make fixtures 10-12 hours, he's saying to make the 50th completion time cutoff 10-12 hours. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrutalLooter said:

I'd be more comfortable with that. Most of the games I'm playing this year will take a week or so to beat with time. I won't feel bad for spending time on longer games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

He's not saying to make fixtures 10-12 hours, he's saying to make the 50th completion time cutoff 10-12 hours. 

I would also be okay with this, means I could play games that I already have in my backlog instead of going out and looking for shorter games to buy just so I can win...

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ooh, 10-12 hours for fixture would be a disaster. Kent already explained what i was trying to tell anyway.:awesome:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Okay, so I made a Google Form with 10 questions regarding season 22. I'd like as many people as possible to fill in this short survey to get a good idea of what should be changed or not. If you miss anything in this form or there's something you don't understand, please send me a message or post it here. Here's the link to the Google Form:

https://goo.gl/forms/10hbO2zGK7OGZVL03

Great idea. Goodluck I hope you settle on a format that everyone can enjoy, I know it will not be easy.

• Like 1

Too bad there isn't a way to throw everyone into Bronze and start this all over again :awesome:

Went ahead and put in my response. Good idea getting a vote from everyone on this @Lucas. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it. You can't please everyone, but this is a good way to make an effort.

Edited by Tearraven
  • Like 1