Help an artist out with your gaming knowledge

ArtMontef

31 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

I love the art, especially Kat 1f431.png.  And I'm looking forward to Marina, love that Octoling 1f419.png.

But my your inclusion of Toadette has sent me spiralling

Not demanding you delete her of course (especially when she's as adorable as that), just some fun fungus facts.

Hahaha, yeah I wouldn't pick Toadette or Rinoa here! But I was commissioned to include them :D Toadette will not be on the final compilation poster, because I stick to humanoid characters there, but decided to show her off in an update anyway. Also gosh that is comforting that even from such rough state you could recognize Marina! 

• Like 1

Incredible! Even though I don't recognize everyone, but that's on me, I really like the art. Especially because they go "beyond the frame", it keeps it interesting without being too much. Every time I see a result like this I'm wondering how one can produce it, I'd wish to have such drawing skill! Keep up the good work!

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

because I stick to humanoid characters there

No Quill then? ?

Steam Community :: Moss: Book II

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

Also gosh that is comforting that even from such rough state you could recognize Marina! 

Didn't know I was helping, but you're welcome, ironically it, just needs a touch more ink (and other art stuff that doesn't work for this joke.)

16 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

No Quill then? 1f622.png

Steam Community :: Moss: Book II

Didn't know I was helping, but you're welcome, ironically it, just needs a touch more ink (and other art stuff that doesn't work for this joke.)

Not for now! But actually people suggested alot of non human characters. Like Amaterasu from Okami, Glados, and tons more, so I may do like small sub series of non humanoid characters after I am done with these. Not really sure yet, it will all depend on how long this series will take me :) 

• Like 1

Beautiful artwork!  Really nice!  Not gonna lie, I can maybe only name one.  As far as suggestions, one of my favorite videogame characters: Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII).  Accent color would of course have to be pink. 

EDIT: I would also love to see Fang and Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII as well, but you said only one character from a game or series so....🤷‍♂️

EDIT DOS: Just another idea, Yuria the Witch from Demon's Souls.  The accent color would have to be black.  That's all. 

Edited by Spider-Man916

outstanding work as usual!

I wonder - I know you were looking for suggestions for game ladies to tackle, and there's a fair bit of diversity in the crowd already, but the one metric that I feel may be under-represented thus far...

...age!

Most of the ladies so far are young women...

...perhaps a couple of older ladies could be put into the mix...

I'm thinking maybe of Control from Invisible Inc:

4697de52-1599-11e6-bd42-dc82dcee8964-image-hires.jpg

...or Selene from Returnal:

1621014568258.png

or even Eliza, from The Quarry:

54b2440be8f9443685930ebdb9eb6368.png

...or, of course....

...the delectable Diana Burnwood from Hitman!

%D0%94%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%B2_3_%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B5...png 

Just a though anyways - keep up the great work 👍

A couple of more suggestions came to mind.  I love Uncharted!  Maybe Chloe or Nadine.  Or both.  Or Elena although I prefer Chloe or Nadine.  As far as accent color goes, I don't know.  A few colors come to mind.  Blue.  Yellow.  Brown.  Tan.  Orange even.  Tough call. 

Nice art they look beautiful but you know what we dont have enough of? Military women!

So might i suggest Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 5 9 and also camero appaernce in the ending of ace combat 7), or Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 2, same name but differnt people, the ace combat 2 had a younger sister called Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer, wait but that means Ace combat and ridge Racer universes are connected somehow, but that dsoent feel right because ridge racer is just racing while Ace combat has planes with 200 missiles and also about 8 wars in a 30 year peroid, as well as having a complex story. Ok i think i am rambling on now so i'm going to stop now but maybe consider those girls for some military vibes and whatever Reiko is (i have never played Ridge Racer lol)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 3:46 PM, ArtMontef said:

Hey there, so I'm an artist that had kinda crazy idea. I feel in so many cases people whine about female characters portrayals in gaming.

But I think we already have tons of great women in gaming, from all sorts of backgrounds, genres, ages, etc. So I started doing a series that showcases alot of cool characters in video games, each portrait being black and white and one accent color. Characters I pick are generally either favorites of mine, important in gaming history, have cool designs or are immensely popular online. I try to limit it to 1 per game, because I do this series in between commissions and don't have enough time to do like 10 characters from street fighter lol. 

Here are the girls I have finished so far:

creativity-16-down-Probably-like-48-to-go-lol-I-ll-be-done-with-this-20-years-Video-game-girls-series-Kasumi

Seeing how we are on strictly gaming forum with tons of us absolutely dedicating our lives to gaming, I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions :) If you have an idea and good accent color for her, drop a suggestion!

Didn't get around to posting when I saw the thread originally months back. Did recently notice some of my early choices were already added, like Kat, Lara Croft, and probably Ellie (TLOU PS3/PS4).

It's so based seeing Clementine, Cynthia, and Shantae on the list from the beginning. I have a little list of female characters I'd like to add to your cool series. Will come back and do soon.

Edited by EcoShifter

YoursM.png

Alice Liddell from Alice: Madness Return/American McGee's Alice 

Kainé from NieR Replicant

Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI

Lillith from Borderlands

Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate (Visual Novel Games)

Velvet Crowe from Tales of Beseria

Magilou from Tales of Beseria

If i was forced to choose between the characters i recommended, i would go with Alice Liddell. She is one of the best female characters i have ever seen in video games.

Edited by Laxus-0

On 9/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, funboy1246 said:

@ArtMontef what about faith connors from mirror's edge? think she'd be a nice addition. excellent art btw

On 9/19/2023 at 7:41 PM, reaperveteran86 said:

Beautiful drawings. I think Morrigan is my favourite.

For suggestions:

Virginia Maxwell from Wild Arms 3

Wild-Arms-Million-Memories-Art-Virginia-Maxwell.png

Yue Quingshu from Sword and Fairy 7

D1i5kwM61657535335-1955x1304.jpeg

and Dana from Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

Ys8_Dana_t.png

On 9/19/2023 at 7:03 PM, Laxus-0 said:

YoursM.png

Alice Liddell from Alice: Madness Return/American McGee's Alice 

Kainé from NieR Replicant

Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI

Lillith from Borderlands

Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate (Visual Novel Games)

Velvet Crowe from Tales of Beseria

Magilou from Tales of Beseria

If i was forced to choose between the characters i recommended, i would go with Alice Liddell. She is one of the best female characters i have ever seen in video games.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)

Obviously I simply cannot do ALL the characters people suggest, but the more people suggest the more I get a picture who is the most popular pick and should definitely be included. Being in my own bubble of mainly single player story based games I wouldn't pick alot of characters some other people picked, but with input from people I can make the final piece much more diverse :)

Faith was definitely very high on the list, surprisingly, since Mirror's Edge is first person game :) I will definitely add her. All other girls are definitely good choices, but can't promise who will make it to the list

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flthy-anml said:

You've got a beautiful art style.

How about Red from Transistor?

spacer.png

Thank you! 

Actually quite alot of people suggested her, surprising amount. I can't promise anything, because I already have tons of redheads planned out, but she's written down on my actual list for some time :)

I wish I had the ability to add all people's favorites 😅 

On 8/13/2023 at 1:24 PM, ArtMontef said:

Kp8mIXy.jpg

On 8/26/2023 at 3:03 PM, ArtMontef said:

I-am-shocked-this-has-grown-so-much-already-Here-is-list-going-from-top-left-Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-Kat-Gravity-Rush-Cynthia-

If I was on time I would have commented on the Toadette thing as well. Seems you took it out already, which is what I was going to suggest.

The list is obviously looking really good so far, especially again with Kat and Lara later added 😃.

Okay so here is my little list, Montef. Considering what you've said, I kept it to 5.

Present list:

Alisa (God Eater

Spoiler

2D
Alisa Ilinichina Amiella Art from Gods Eater Burst

Alisa Illinichina Amiella

Desktop Wallpapers Alisa Ilinichina Amiella Of God Eater Burst, Hd Image, Picture, Background, 0eaunq

Cutscene
Wallpaper ID: 1160494 / God Eater, Video Game, God Eater Resurrection,  1080P free download

The extremely popular, most iconic, fan-favorite girl from one of Monster Hunter's main competitor series, God Eater's Alisa IIynichna Omela.

Red accent (it'd be ideal to include her god arc armlet)

Amy Rose (Sonic The Hedgehog)

Spoiler

2D
Sonic Channel Amy Rose, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

brand new official amy art from sonic channel, how do you guys feel about  it? : r/AmyRose

34f2de3194e2a3ff1de9703755f1524c3504cf09.png

3D model
Amy Rose screenshots, images and pictures - Giant Bomb

Blaze is one of the best female characters in the series and could justifiably be included here easily, but Amy I think edges her out. Amy herself broke away from her own original stereotypical damsel-in-distress role completely (through an actual character arc where she didn't want Sonic always saving her and progressively became independent), unlike game Princess Peach, and that was in the 90s. So with Blaze, for starters her origins and connection with Sonic which I'd rather not spoil to be honest. She also starred as a dual protagonist alongside Sonic in two major NDS titles, and generally played important roles throughout the series. The way I see it though Amy wins by a quill, with how more iconic she is, her insane recurring presence since her debut, important roles of her own, and becoming an official member of Team Sonic.
An expressive appearance is also key - this is a Sonic character after all.

Pink accent (maybe alternatively Red only IF you include her Piko-Piko Hammer).

Ashelin Praxis (Jak II-Jak X)

Spoiler

2D
Ashlyn From Jak And Daxter - Ashelin Jak Transparent PNG - 403x771 - Free  Download on NicePNG

Cinematic
This Opening Cinematic Brings Back Some Memories! | Jak X: Combat Racing  Highlights #1 - YouTube
(*Sigh* - too many unusable wiki photos I can't use, so...)

Keira is the main girl, but the reasoning behind choosing Ashelin is complicated to say the least... Ashelin overshadows her, in short. She is the better, stronger, and more memorable character. Her character design is iconic and more distinct. She symbolizes the successful shift the series took after the first game, involving the more intricate narrative and multi-dimensional characterization the series would see onward—setting the path Naughty Dog would continue down with their following IPs. I believe she also lives on as spiritual reincarnation of the fan-favorite Chloe in the Uncharted series.

Red accent, of course.

Spoiler

Bianca (Spyro)

Spoiler

Bianca redesign comparison : r/Spyro

Spyro Year Of The Dragon Bianca

Characters - Spyro 3 Guide - IGN

(Bianca is legitimately far more important to Spyro, the storyline, and series, than Elora. Cooler and cuter too. There is honestly no comparison.)

Purple accent.

Coco Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Spoiler

Modern Coco
2D | Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy / Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
Danyq94 on X: "Coco Bandicoot renders from Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.  #crashbandicoot #cocobandicoot https://t.co/FZl0w0K764" / X

2D | Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time / Crash Team Rumble 

Coco Art - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Art Gallery
I find the 2D art of her better than the 3D ones.

3D model

Coco Bandicoot in Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time : r/cute

90s-00s / Classic+ Coco (blue)
Crash Bandicoot: WARPED - Coco and Pura - Resting by PaperBandicoot on  DeviantArt

Crash-Bandicoot-3-Warped-Coco-Bandicoot-

Download Zip Archive - Coco Bandicoot Crash Nitro Kart - Free Transparent  PNG Download - PNGkey

Crash Of The Titans CocoXbox 360 - Crash of the Titans - Coco Bandicoot - The Models Resource

Download Zip Archive

Coco Bandicoot, the one and only sister of PlayStation's former number one mascot from the 90s Crash Bandicoot. For our Bandicoot girl I think at least some combination of her classic, early-modern, and/or I guess post-modern designs, if not fully classic/early-modern, is the best direction for the character. The flower hair accessory, weirdly absent in CB4:IAT/CB:OtR/CTRu, is a pretty iconic detail as one example that should be included. Whereas the extremely rare pink eyeshadow detail basically only seen with the CB:NST/CTR:NF model should be left out.

Pink accent if heavily based on or only uses the newer iterations of Coco.

or 

(Preferred) Blue Accent if you take inspiration or base off her many classic iterations where she either favored blue and pink equally or the former slightly over the latter, with her (recurring) blue scrunchie, (recurring) blue cuffs, (recurring) blue flower hair accessory, blue bandanna, blue goggles, etc. (See pictures above.)

Jill Valentine (classic - Resident Evil)

Spoiler

Jill Valentine - Resident Evil HD Render

Jill Valentine | Wiki | Otanix Amino

Pin on Resident Evil 1 Remake

It's Jill Valentine. What even needs to be said that isn't obvious already.

Blue accent (see hat & shoulder guards in first pic).

Note: If you're not up to that, Classic Jill in general would be pleasant to see.

Lara's shirt would be cooler if it had the superior classic aquamarine coloring (and would beneficially differentiate her from others with the nearly identical current blue accent).

Spoiler

Examples:

right side
SmashLara • Tomb Raider News on X: "During the last season of Fortnite,  Lara Croft was the most popular Gaming Legends skin, and amongst the most  popular in the entire game. The

Fortnite alt
83d303_e2f512c51a4d4a40b9c1838911107fef~mv2.jpg

from Lara Croft Reloaded
Lara Croft | TOMB RAIDER RELOADED

Classic Lara Statue
LARA CROFT TOMB Raider Statue 1999 EIDOS Core 14" Etat Exceptionnel EUR  200,00 - PicClick IT

Kat: Considering the lore you can probably justify including Raven - she doesn't even need to have her own slot but can share it with Kat, kinda like certain official artwork.

Spoiler

Gravity rush raven, Gravity rush kat, Gravity

Kat & Raven

Edited by EcoShifter
1st edit: Replaced Bianca with Coco, my forgotten first choice. Left/put Bianca in a "hidden" tag for fun. 2nd edit: Improved wording a bit in places.