Help an artist out with your gaming knowledge

ArtMontef

Only ones I’m not sure of in this picture is the black haired girl in the top row, last one in the second row and blue haired girl in the third row

really nice artwork though

Since I see you have Persona 4 and 5, what about Yukari or Mitsuru? Or Hatsune Miku and friends

• Like 2

Just now, DEI2EK said:

Only ones I’m not sure of in this picture is the black haired girl in the top row, last one in the second row and blue haired girl in the third row

really nice artwork though

Since I see you have Persona 4 and 5, what about Yukari or Mitsuru? Or Hatsune Miku and friends

Thanks!
I think you mean Yennefer from the Witcher series, Rogue from Cyberpunk 2077 and Jinx from League :)

4 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

Needs more Gum…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR8YH4YM4-CdW8RTXygXc

Otherwise, great work, I had no idea who 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 & 14 are though (I only really play Japanese games so that may be some of the issue there).

That's actually great suggestion! Green is surprisingly hard color to pick for. And yeah, I think besides 5 which is Cynthia from Pokemon all of them are from western games lol. I won't list them yet in case someone wants to guess by themselves

• Like 1

Lightning: FXIII - Pink (her hair)

Freya: God of War - Could be Blue for her sword

Tiny Tina: Borderlands series - not sure on a colour though.

Toriko: Void Terrarium - Red for the crystals?

Not sure if any of these meet your requirements, but thought I would throw out the ideas.

Your artwork is fantastic, I really enjoy what you have produces thus far, and I look forward to seeing anything new you create.

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

I only recognise a few, namely Aerith from FF7, Kasumi and Marie from Persona, the girl from Danganronpa I think, and Cynthia from pokemon.

My all time favourite female is Lightning from FF13, I would suggest her. She the very image of the ideal female to me. Her original colour is pink, so maybe an accent like yellow as it's lightning might work

Other female characters I like and suggest are Milla (purple), Velvet (yellow or orange) and Shion (as blue) from Tales

Yuna (pink), Rikku(blue) and Paine (green) from FFX-2, where I picked the colours from their matching powerpuff girl.

Aranea from FF15 (red)

Aqua from Kingdom Hearts (red or green, because it's like an opposite to her original blue)

All these are pretty cool female characters I like for both design and also as characters.

I also like some of the cute female ones like Yuffie in FF7, and Cheria in Tales of graces, 

I could suggest Mai Shiranui or Yuri Sakazaki from Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting games.

The characters there are:

Aerith - Peach - Clementine - No idea - Cynthia

Kasumi - Kassandra - Aloy - Someone from The legend of Zelda - No idea

Marie - Chun Li - Samus - No idea - Shantae

Junko

Sadly, Iris Heart is not popular or even an iconic character in Hyperdimension Neptunia series, so, I refrained myself of suggesting her. xD

Edit: Please, don't like my comment, I wanna keep my current likes counter just like it is now.

Edited by Iris Heart

Love the idea, they look lovely!

I recognize almost all of them except for four. You already explained who two of them are, and the other two are in the middle of the far left column.

I’ll give you some of my favorite female characters as my suggestions. Apologies for not including accent colors for them as I honestly think you would do a better job choosing according to the vision you have for your artwork.

My Suggestions :

-Bayonetta from Bayonetta series.

-Dandara from Dandara.

-Chell from Portal series.

-Lara Croft from Tomb Raider series.

-Lifeline, Loba or Valkyrie from Apex Legends.(couldn’t choose one.?)

-Ei/Raiden Shogun from Genshin Impact.

-March 7th from Honkai: Star Rail.

-Hornet from Hollow Knight.

-Coco from Crash Bandicoot series.

-2B from Nier series.

-Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

-Jesse Faden from Control.

Love these badass women.?

• Like 2

I love this art, it's stylish, I know all of them bar the three in the top right corner (dragon age and pokemen for the upper two maybe?)

My favourite is Kassandra out of the art you've made, It's the shading that makes it stand above the rest for me.

Here are some suggested characters too with possible colours:

• Tali Zorah vas Normandy (purple suit/visor) Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - Mass Effect 2 - Character Profile ...
  • Rivet (Yellow arm)Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Meet Rivet - Spotlight Report
  • Nariko (Red hair)Ninja Theory on Twitter: "Heavenly Sword was released in Europe 14 years  ago today! Did you join Nariko on her adventure in 2007?  https://t.co/A8Zt2ep2fm" / Twitter
  • Seuna (Blue Celtic Paint) Games reviews roundup: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice; Matterfall; Troll and  I | Games | The Guardian
  • Xion (Black Coat and Hair)  Xion Character Information - SAMURAI GAMERS
  • Nilin (Maroon hair) Remember Me (Video Game) Review | Blog of Games
  • Lucina (Dark Blue hair) DIY To Make A Fire Emblem Lucina Costume | SheCos Blog
  • Billie Lurk (Red jacket and eye) Dishonored: Death of the Outsider review: Enough bite to keep things  interesting | The Independent | The Independent

(from mass effect, rift apart, heavenly sword, hellblade, kingdom hearts 358/2 days, remember me, fire emblem awakening, dishonored death of the outsider.)

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

Those look great and I really like the face on Princess Peach ? I recognize all but the one on the right of Zelda. I don't know her name but I assume she's from Cyberpunk.

As for ideas to offer:

-Yuffie from FF7 (black for her hair, or green for her sleeveless sweater top)

-Lady from Devil May Cry (black)

-Trish from Devil May Cry (blonde)

-Bastila Shan from KOTOR (yellow)

-Ranni from Elden Ring (blue)

-Nyotengu from Dead or Alive (black)

-Mileena, specifically from MKX because that's my favorite design (purple)

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

Wanted to add some non-triple A games that I'd thought of just after I press send:

• Stella (Yellow shirt or Green hat)Spiritfarer Review - IGN
  • Hat Kid (Purple everything) A Hat In Time Hat Kid Sticker - A Hat In Time Hat Kid Dancing - Discover &  Share GIFs
  • Quill (Red bandanna) Moss (Video Game) - TV Tropes
  • Tangent (I dunno, she's fairly monochrome with hints of lavender I think?) Northway Games on Twitter: "Tang (Tangent) age 10-13, 14-16, 17-19 by  @bkomei. She's always too busy to play - either studying or working on  extracurricular projects with Dr Instance. She's so secretive
  • Zoe (Orange hair) Road 96 Review - You can talk about politics on this road trip — Explosion  Network | Independent Australian Reviews, News, Podcasts, Opinions
  • Ellie (Red Hair) Ellie Rose Sticker - Ellie Rose - Discover & Share GIFs
  • Abigail (Purple Hair, tbh she's not my favourite in the game... but the purple...) Stardew Valley Abigail gifts, schedule, and heart events | Pocket Tactics
  • Aliya Elasra (Blue Headscarf) Not quite used as intended but... cosplaying Aliya Elasra ...
  • Freya Fatima (Green hair) Video Game Review | Coffee Talk - Culture Honey
  • Madeline (Orange Hair) Celeste's Madeline is 2018's best new gaming character | VentureBeat

(from Spiritfarer, A hat in time, Moss, I was a teenage exocolonist, Road 96, Henry Stickmin, Stardew Valley, Heaven's Vault, Coffee Talk, Celeste)

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

If the purpose is to combat the perception that gaming lacks great female characters and that the medium isn't full of characters that serve as male fantasies then around half those characters should be axed and it'd be more fitting for Samus to be in her iconic Power Suit, not the Zero Suit that has like 30 minutes of playtime and may give people a false impression of the character.

Otherwise it's inadvertently proving the criticism right and holding video games to a lower standard.

Creating a list of great characters is always going to come into conflict with characters that are iconic and beloved. A lot of characters that are considered great by gamers, don't really compare to great characters from other mediums.

It doesn't even mean those characters are bad, but it doesn't do video games any favors if one person lists off Siobhan Roy, Selina Myers, Kim Wexler, Diane Nguyen, Claire Fisher, Fleabag, and Nora Durst as examples of great TV characters and then another lists Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, Shantae, Marie, Chun-Li, Jynx, and Samus Aran as example of great video game characters.

By the way, that's not a criticism of anyone for liking such characters or those mentioned by others here, I like a lot of them too. Just my take on how to approach the notion that video games are lacking in great characters, particularly women. 

For my character suggestions.

Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic II

293435-kreia-art.jpg

Bree from Boreal Tenebrae

Boreal-Tenebrae.png

Mae from Night in the Woods

night-in-the-woods-mae-1.png

Saddie Adler from Red Dead Redemption 2

Sadie-1907.png

Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3

MV5-BM2-Yx-N2-Fk-OGEt-Ym-Rm-My00-Zjdl-LT

Min from Butterfly Soup