The Last of Us Part II PS5 version leaked by composer

17 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Seriously, another enhanced re-release from them...? Naughty Dog have gotten increasingly lame, boring and predictable with these constant re-releases from the same two IPs, especially TLOU series. They're really about to have their third title in a row be another type of re-release. (1) Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5/PC - 2022), (2) The Last of Us: "Part 1" (PS4 - 2022, PC - 2023), and now (3.) a PS5 version of The Last of Us: "Part II" after their (later than others) next-gen patch for the PS4 version?

Something people are kinda overlooking is that these re-releases are coinciding with eventual PC ports (as will TLOU2 PS5 I'd bet).  I think that's the main reason for doing it.  While they could just do the PC port and call it a day, if they feel it's a better version of the game or a better collection, why avoid releasing it on console as well?  That is their bread and butter afterall.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

lol, they are creatively bankrupt and factions might not even ever see the light of day either. judging by the the last of us PC performance, no one should be excited about a pc port of part 2.

This is what I said as well. The new fantasy IP may or may not even happen. Factions 2 was shelved/delayed. Rumors of motion cap for TLOU3 are under way. There are tons of help wanted listings as well (Some have been out there for the last 3 years by the way). I don't see a new game release from Naughty Dog in the next 3-5 years and the co-president retired. This is not me crapping all over Naughty Dog, this is me pointing out what we know. Naughty Dog has the power to change that narrative by dropping news of what they are working on or giving us a sneak peek at their next project but it's been crickets. I'm a huge supporter of their studio, movies and TV shows so don't get it twisted. I've put over 2,000 hours into Factions multi-player and Uncharted 3 was my first platinum ever. 

Knowing all of this, it makes sense on why they are re-releasing and milking their Uncharted and TLOU IP's to death. They have to stay afloat somehow to pay the bills but I don't like how they are still charging $70 for TLOU1. That should have been a $10 upgrade or free in my opinion. I'm still waiting for TLOU1 to come to PS+ extra or for it drop down to $20 or less as I want to make that one a milestone. 

What a Joke another pointless thing that Sony will Charge $70 and people will go crazy for, You have all these other iP's Sony but just continue to milk the same stuff over and over, Ubisoft is the same With the Rumored un-needed AC4 Remake.......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Conker said:

What a Joke another pointless thing that Sony will Charge $70 and people will go crazy for, You have all these other iP's Sony but just continue to milk the same stuff over and over, Ubisoft is the same With the Rumored un-needed AC4 Remake.......

It win not be full price!! This is a remaster.. not a remake there is a big difference in those and AC4 remake is wel needed in my opinion. One of the best AC games ever made ?

4 minutes ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

It win not be full price!! This is a remaster.. not a remake there is a big difference in those and AC4 remake is wel needed in my opinion. One of the best AC games ever made ?

this is Sony, if they can charge $70 and people will buy it, you know they will and 100% disagree, AC1 needs to be remade first

• Like 1

In the context of other first-party game announcements and leaks, as well as Sony's reported plans, this only reads as a continuous business strategy to me. Laser focus on tent-pole franchises, cross-media stuff, PC ports, live service. TLOU has been checking all of these boxes, only stumbling on the last one. 

Part 2 Remaster/Remake/PC port was to be expected as the next logical step after the show and Part 1, it needs to get into the hands of PC players who got introduced to it recently. Then, you can get them addicted to the live service Factions (if it ever comes out) and profit from microtransactions. 

They're doing the same with Horizon, BTW. PC port of Zero Dawn is out. The sequel is out. The Netflix series is being worked on. The multiplayer game has been rumoured. The problem is that the IP is not nearly as strong and beloved as TLOU. 

On 14/07/2023 at 7:39 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

There’s plenty of original ideas and new games. That talking point is bullshit. People always ignoring the new stuff so they bitch about something. 

Fire away.....more than happy to hear. I don't want crappy indies that look like they were made in 1995 though, it's 2023