The Last of Us Part II PS5 version leaked by composer

Sounds pretty cool! Honestly I was surprised we didn't already have a port, but it makes sense that it's coming as an expanded version. Curious to see what else they'll change.

TLOU Part III will definitely be PS5-only, though (or crossgen with the PS6, lol).

• Like 1

Hopefully this means that there is still hope for the standalone factions mode.

I really enjoyed it in TLoU, I can only imagine how cool it would be on PS5 with the upgraded engine. I can see the executions being absolutely insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD_91 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they try and charge full price for it

That would be crazy.. I don’t think they Will its not a remake right? Only a ps5 upgrade no remaster/remake. So it would be really shamefull if they did this ?

1 minute ago, zachhero said:

I really enjoyed it in TLoU, I can only imagine how cool it would be on PS5 with the upgraded engine. I can see the executions being absolutely insane.

BROOO exactly i enjoyed it so much back in the day, maybe and i hope the stand alone multiplayer is going to be like that ?

I thought they already did a 60fps patch, figured that was going to be it.  I recently did my re-playthrough of Part I (the remakester) and Part II.  Phenomenal games.  It'll be a while before I touch either of them again but the Part I remakester was great and I'm curious what they add to Part II.

I can understand people questioning the need for the remasters and remakes, certainly wouldn't expect anyone to buy it or play it if it doesn't interest them... but the amount of vitriol people have for it is surprising.  Or it would be surprising if I didn't see almost every day how sad and cynical the gaming community can be.

Edited by Dreakon13

I do think a native PS5/PC version of Part II is inevitable to tie in with the 2nd HBO season but do we know if that's what Gustavo is talking about here? I'm by no means fluent in Spanish but going by translations, all he said was "new version" which could potentially refer to Part III or Factions as well.

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I thought they already did a 60fps patch, figured that was going to be it.  I recently did my re-playthrough of Part I (the remakester) and Part II.  Phenomenal games.  It'll be a while before I touch either of them again but the Part I remakester was great and I'm curious what they add to Part II.

I can understand people questioning the need for the remasters and remakes, certainly wouldn't expect anyone to buy it or play it if it doesn't interest them... but the amount of vitriol people have for it is surprising.  Or it would be surprising if I didn't see almost every day how sad and cynical the gaming community can be.

My best guess is people are getting frustrated that they seemingly come at the expense of new PS5-only games instead. As of right now Sony themselves haven't published one for over 2 years (unless you count TLOU Part I as a 'new' game), and it's not very clear when the next one after Spiderman 2 will be.

32 minutes ago, STRYKIE said:

My best guess is people are getting frustrated that they seemingly come at the expense of new PS5-only games instead. As of right now Sony themselves haven't published one for over 2 years (unless you count TLOU Part I as a 'new' game), and it's not very clear when the next one after Spiderman 2 will be.

I have absolutely no doubt that these people would spit fire regardless.  One, it's Naughty Dog, and Part II garnered enough (imo, unnecessary) controversy at its launch that people haven't been able to move on from, and the game/series immense success has only fanned those flames.  Two, there is no scenario where the vocal gamers of the internet are actually happy xD They could be given AAA games and consoles for free and they'd still complain that they didn't get them fast enough.

Crusty bitterness is more of a social movement now among the gaming community, than anything really justified.  To them it's fun to hate things, and it makes it enjoyable to watch bad stuff happen to them (until years pass and they're still on about the same things, then it's just kind of sad and annoying).

Besides, if they're really upset about the lack of PS5-only games, maybe they should look at the people still riding the PS4 wave and making it viable.  The shortages of the pandemic are behind us, time to move on people.

Edited by Dreakon13

6 hours ago, zachhero said:

You must not have heard the news, bungie came in and basically said the new factions mode still isn’t up to par for a live service title. I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon.

If they add new small features into the game then you can guarantee it was "built from the ground" up which will justify the $70 price point. I'm being sarcastic but Naughty Dog used to be on top of the world as the #1 studio and now they are all about cash grab and unnecessary remakes. If you follow them on twitter or facebook, it's nothing but cosplayers, people showing off tattoos and help wanted signs. At all the major gaming events and award shows, they never have anything to show off (even if it's 3 years away) like the other studios. 

Outbreak day or Last of Us day has been a giant let down for the past 4 years. All I see is empty promises, selling overpriced merch and begging for people to come work for them. 

Evan Wells (co-president of Naughty Dog) just left the company which means he probably sees the future this studio is going. They have nothing in the pipe, Factions 2 was delayed indefinitely and there are rumors of a TLOU3....but realistically that's 3-5 years away and might not have anything until the PS6 comes out....so it makes sense they will add 1 new line of dialogue or 1 new song and drop a PS5 version to justify a $70 or $80 price point. They are creatively and morally bankrupt at this time in my opinion.

• Like 3

People do realize you don't have to buy everything a company puts out right?  The fact they may charge money for something they made, even if its more than you'd like to pay or feel it's worth, isn't really a morally oppressive thing.  Video games are a luxury in every sense, and even then you have every option and opportunity to get it at a better price with a little patience.

Or I'm guessing the people complaining have absolutely no interest in it anyways lol.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

"How many times are you going to re-release the same games over and over again?"

Naughty Dog - "Yes." 

All jokes aside, I think everybody saw this coming, it was just a matter of how soon were they going to wait to do it. I'll inevitably buy it and play it again at some point but I don't have to like this trend of re-releasing games and relatively newly released games at that. I'd rather these companies put all their resources into making new games and put them out more consistently like they used to. It was commonplace not that long ago for new games in a series to release every 2 years if that. Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 all came out in 2 year increments. Now it's like a 5 year wait minimum as they shovel out all these remasters and remakes in the meantime. 

Sure, people will say it's 'quality over quantity' and I don't disagree with that but I think everybody can agree that there needs to be a better balance. The games are great quality now but there's not enough quantity anymore and this remaster/remake craze the industry is currently in is definitely contributing to that. People want new games, not the same stuff they already played and just played recently in many cases. 

If you're going to remake stuff, go further back to the PS1/PS2/PS3 games that could use true remakes on current gen and would be in high demand. Not just slapping a new coat of paint on a game that just came out 3 years ago and doesn't even need to be remade. Can't blame people for getting frustrated with these trends. 

58 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Can't blame people for getting frustrated with these trends. 

Either they complain about the remakes/remasters, or they complain about new games.  One of those cost companies a lot less money for the privilege lol.

Honestly, there's a part of me that can understand why companies lean so heavily on the remakes/remasters.  Not that aggressively mediocre games shouldn't get called out as such, but why get pummeled like Square did with Forspoken when you have multiple amazing games in your catalog to re-release that you know will do well.  The world is a different place than it used to be, social media can kill a studio (or try) with one bad release.

Edited by Dreakon13