Game Thoughts

1 hour ago, Belmont-38 said:

anyone found the location for the riddler riddle in Racine? It goes with claws beneath and sea ahead, a cold box for gotham's swimming dead. Been looking for a while now and not found it yet...

Finally found it, if anyone else is wondering where you solve the riddle, here is the location with screenshots.

spacer.png

CC044IV.jpeg

It is top container with the fish logo on, took me 2h to find it as it was located outside of the zone it counts for but it does count for Racine, hope this helps anyone also searching for the last riddle in racine district! 

• Like 3

Personally after putting in 3 hours into it I really like the game they have so far it feels like playing borderlands with all 4 characters at the same time with them all being with you instead of only picking one at the beginning. Control are a little to get use to but I would’ve say that on me but with 3 buttons that make captain boomerang, throw his boomerang with different results it can be confusing makes you wonder why they made it a live service game personally I could see myself coming back to this from time to time with each new season 

personal note: they kinda explain what happened between Arkham Knight and this game so I kind of wonder do you think they’re going to make one last Arkham game explaining how Bruce teams up with the justice league kinda like how they did with Arkham origins call it Arkham redemption?

Edited by dusfire96
  • Confused 1

So far I’m enjoying it. Only character I enjoy using is Deadshot so I’ve been ploughing through the game with him. Unfortunately I will need to give the other 3 some time soon.. 

The platinum will be a grind and the gameplay seems a bit repetitive but if I got the platinum for Marvel Avengers not once.. but twice haha. Then if I enjoy this enough post story then maybe I’ll go for it. 

I paid £65 for the deluxe edition (spur of the moment thing) but I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend buying the game and supporting the devs. I spend a lot of my time waiting for games to go on a big sale but if there’s a game or franchise I want to support I’m happy to buy full price. And a bonus is you’re among the first to play! Pretty sure some of the trophies for this game I’m already in the first 50 to achieve 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

He's part of season one. It's not the Arkham Joker again. He's taken the crown for worse Joker from Jared Leto.

He’s just based on old school Joker, the darker Arkham one is dead in this universe

23 hours ago, MrPhrips said:

Their movements and guns make no sense

At the start of the game they are in the hall of justice and steal some of the gadgets the justice league had on display.

13 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Joker is in the game? A lot or only a little? Oh how I hate that character…

He’s not really in the game until the first season drops. Not in the campaign at all.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 4:59 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Here's my impressions

Pros:

-cutscenes look great

-voice acting is real good

-story is interesting

-the world is beautiful

Cons:

-it feels empty

-combat gets old fast

-go here, kill so many enemies or hold position for X amount of time

-same enemies all the time but with "shields"

-it feels and looks very much like fortnite

-live service

-Joker

Voice acting was the most dead thing I ever heard the only good voice acting was maybe the flash Jack Ryder, a few side characters and wonder woman

• Like 1

Just a follow up. 

so I’d say I’m almost done with the trophies but I’m a long way out finishing up for the platinum haha. It’s going to be a long one! 

few things I have to work out like the tier 2/3 gear items, so far the mastery aspect hasn’t caused any issues but I’m only on mastery 8. 

THE GAME ;

Okay so it seems repetitive, but it’s pretty enjoyable and a good challenge. I’m not getting annoyed at the game often if at all. The AR challenges were easy, only 3 I had to retry to go from 2 stars to 3. 

The combat is fun, I just wish we had team moves! Love playing as Deadshot (best character hands down) hovering with my sniper. 

I’ve had the game crash on me 3 times but other than that no complaints. £65 well spent so far

I once bought a really bad game in the PS store for 39 cents. Given all the issues that have plagued Suicide Squad as well as the fact that multiple iconic characters (especially Arkham Batman) got severely disrespected, I wouldn't buy this game even if it was priced that low. All I did was watch some of the cutscenes on youtube, especially the ones of Kevin Conroy voicing Batman. He did an amazing job as always but damn, what a horrible mess to work in. Even if said characters hadn't been disrespected, this game still comes across as bland and repetitive. Not only that, but the fact that it was made where the game has to always be online has already been proven to be a serious misstep as well. WB hasn't learned Jack shit from its mistakes, look at how the new Mortal Kombat is always online too. Plenty of issues there as well. I've played some colossal goatfucks before but even I got limits. Two words when it comes to Suicide Squad: "Hard pass." Shit, this will probably be a Plus freebie or a free to play title by summer's end. 💩

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 1:26 AM, MrPhrips said:

I'm confident that Rocksteady will have a great story for this game. They know the Batman characters so well, I hope it will translate over to the rest of the DC universe. This also looks like the closest thing we'll get to a Sunset Overdrive 2 which I'm super thrilled about because that's one of the most fun games out there.

Unfortunately, Rocksteady is not the same Rocksteady I grew to love, especially with Walker and Hill leaving; much like Zampella and West leaving Infinity Ward...CoD was never the same.

I'm an Arkham  junkie, to include Origins and AK, but this game and Gotham Knights just look to be made for consumption...not gaming. 

• Like 3

A follow up

I got the platinum now, it was actually a really fun game. Fairly challenging with the mastery challenges but nothing crazy. Im glad I ignored the reviews and gave it a go! 

the game crashed a few times and I fell through the map once! But other than that the game ran smooth. 

didn't feel overly repetitive (only the last 5 hours for the platinum grind) 

I still feel like they need to add a tag team move or ultimate move involving two or more characters. 

• Like 3

still don't drop 70 euro on this ;i learned my lesson with mk1

they wanna hunt whales it is ok for me! but ffs don't pretend to be an AAA game ,when it is cleary not one.9 years for this this is a shame, i just finished arkham knight where every side quest is a polished narratively and in gamplay term

i ve read and see a lot of stuff for this game and my point is ,this is marvel avengers cosplaying DC and bordelands (shoot stuff ,loot stuff) with the as usual now seasons X (please buy our currency to get skins and items to continue kill stuff and loot maybe goood stuff)

irony the first dlc got joker in it ,you killed him before morons

• Like 1

Really enjoying it tbh the combat is fluent, love the story, love the characters. I find myself wanting to watch every cut scene rather than skipping them. Int being funny though I can't believe how many boffins have platinumed this game already I mean I've had a good blast on it and I'm very competent but jesus wept this game is easily a 60hr plat and people have done it in 2 days wtf? How is that even possible? You surly haven't enjoyed the game. I'm an avid gamer but it takes a back seat with a wife and 2 kids. They must of just been on it absolutely constant. Got now way of even remotely competing but I suppose I have other priorities now which I prefer. At least I'll still be in the loop when the DLC hits and won't have 2 blow the dust off the disc case 🤣👍

On 2/2/2024 at 9:35 PM, FocusDR said:

A follow up

I got the platinum now, it was actually a really fun game. Fairly challenging with the mastery challenges but nothing crazy. Im glad I ignored the reviews and gave it a go! 

the game crashed a few times and I fell through the map once! But other than that the game ran smooth. 

didn't feel overly repetitive (only the last 5 hours for the platinum grind) 

I still feel like they need to add a tag team move or ultimate move involving two or more characters. 

I agree think if that done a squad move or pair up move like they did with guardians of the galaxy that would have been class.

Played about 10 hours in either two or three player with friends and loved every second of it. If you go into it for a fun looter shooter with mates then it's hugely enjoyable.

Also the soundtrack is absolutely fucking banging, had it on repeat on Spotify it's that good.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 5:59 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Here's my impressions

Pros:

-cutscenes look great

-voice acting is real good

-story is interesting

-the world is beautiful

Cons:

-it feels empty

-combat gets old fast

-go here, kill so many enemies or hold position for X amount of time

-same enemies all the time but with "shields"

-it feels and looks very much like fortnite

-live service

-Joker

As a daily Fortnite player and now Suicide squad i don't understand this comparison at all

The speed is nowhere like in FN, also you don't really melee, not like in SS

And you either shoot or melee you can't combine it like in SS

12 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

As a daily Fortnite player and now Suicide squad i don't understand this comparison at all

The speed is nowhere like in FN, also you don't really melee, not like in SS

And you either shoot or melee you can't combine it like in SS

Those were my thoughts from a few hours playing the game. Luckily with the server outage I managed to get a refund without any problems. One of the most disappointing games I've played.

This game is getting straight up roasted at the moment, plus that idiot company that helped WB on Suicide Squad called Sweet Baby Inc. has been throwing tantrums over the criticism they've received. Nothing like assclowns blaming others for releasing a bad product. 😂

• Like 1

I am 20 hours deep, main story beat, progressing through end game content and working on Platinum.

I didn’t expect to enjoy this game, and can definitely see why one wouldn’t, but I have had a good time with the game, it is decent. The combat is fun, the characters are funny and the endgame seems good.

The story is ok. I found that it all happened very fast. I would’ve preferred it to be a separate universe to the Arkham game tho.

I am still not 100% convinced on the longevity of the game, as long as they have learnt from Avengers mistakes - it’ll definitely have a longer lifespan than that…

I’m enjoying the game a lot. I used to play every game as service as they came out. I feel like this hit for me since it’s felt like forever since I played one. It helps I love DC a lot. There are at least 4 season planned so I guess we can count on that. 

I think it’s actually pretty cool. I guess some hate it the way they hate actors for portraying evil characters? You kill beloved characters, you kill heroes, that doesn’t sit well with most people. 

Sure it’s not an Arkham combat game but combat is tight, has nice feedback, the characters are all different, presentation is top notch. Getting loot is fun. It feels kinda rewarding to progress through the campaign. 

What sucks is that it’s a full price game with MTs. But I really don’t understand all the hate. 

Interestingly the game has almost a 5/5 rating in the ps5 store. I guess people who play it actually enjoy it.