Game Thoughts

honestly, after almost 100% it, I genuinely like the game. However, post game incursions get kinda boring and repetitive after a while, so im hoping they will add some more stuff to do come season 1. I think the worst part about the game is not being able to unlock more than 2 costumes without paying, the story was pretty half baked like no way the justice league just walked onto brainiacs ship not suspecting a trap or anything. Overall I would give it like a 7/10, I think it can become a lot better overtime. 

19 hours ago, yuratomkivua said:

Just finished the game today, and what I can say, it is a really bad game. 

Pros:

-Really good cutscenes; 

-Good character design (Except Poison Ivym wtf is that) 

-The actors did their job very good

-Not bad story, it is interesting to follow

Cons:

-95% of the game is boring as all you need to do is shoot and fly, and you get bored within the first 2 hours

- there is no progression, the character on level 1 and level 25 feel exactly the same

-guns at the beginning and in the end of the game feel exactly the same except they have higher numbers

-the city is dead, there is nothing to do, the whole city is just a decoration for the arenas to fight on 

-all boss fights (all 4 of them) are the same, it is a round arena and just shoot the boss

-is it not "Kill the Justice League" the game should have been called "Shoot the Justice League" 

-All side missions are the same

-Fortnite bus

-3 type of enemies - simple aliens, big aliens, and a chopper 

-The endgame is 100% the same as what you have been playing previous 20 hours, there is nothing new or interesting 

-All characters are the same, the only difference is how they fly across the map. 

-Price, this game should have been free, or even pay something to you for all the srtugle

-Bugs, sometimes my gun didn't shoot (in the game where you are shooting 100% of the time, your gun may not work), I managed to play the last mission after 4 attempts as the game kept blocking me from accessing the mission or final boss or just crashing. 

-The whole game and the story doesn't matter because of the multiverse. 

3 out of 10, just for good cutscenes and character design. Do not buy this shit. 

With all due respect, a level 1 character and a level 25 character do NOT play the same.

I see you have not played any of the incursion missions nor have you grinded out the endgame (which is what this game is all about).

A character at level 30 has a completely different skill tree and attributes than a level 1 character. As you start getting a 50X combo and more etc you begin stacking a lot of different skills of your character. Also, couple in with playing around with builds, it really is a much different game than what the story showed. I would like for you to do me a favor. Try to finish an incursion mission on mastery level 20+ and tell me it is the same game as the mains story.

The game isn't perfect, but people really are bashing it because I feel like it is the cool thing to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHAZAM_SAVAGE said:

With all due respect, a level 1 character and a level 25 character do NOT play the same.

I see you have not played any of the incursion missions nor have you grinded out the endgame (which is what this game is all about).

A character at level 30 has a completely different skill tree and attributes than a level 1 character. As you start getting a 50X combo and more etc you begin stacking a lot of different skills of your character. Also, couple in with playing around with builds, it really is a much different game than what the story showed. I would like for you to do me a favor. Try to finish an incursion mission on mastery level 20+ and tell me it is the same game as the mains story.

The game isn't perfect, but people really are bashing it because I feel like it is the cool thing to do so.

I got your point, but I was not talking about the end-game content where you have all your characters maxed out to 30lvl (again, character on 1 lvl and lvl 25 doesn't have any difference in gameplay), as I'm pretty sure that 50-60% of people who are going to play it won't finish the game, not even talking about the end game.

And I was thinking about "Maybe in the end game something will be different" but grinding 20-30-50 hours more and doing just the same thing as jumping and pressing L2 and R2 doesn't sound fun, I don't have a passion for doing that, but in the beginning I was thinking about getting platinum as I like DC comics, I like this characters, but man...it's really difficult to play this. 

I really gave this game a chance, I didn't pay attention to all the reviews as I wanted to see it myself to have my opinion. 
I think the game is terrible, even the looter shooter part "what this game is about" is also not that good, which is a shame. 
If I need to play like 50 hours more to understand the complexity of characters and their builds, well, that's really bad game design, as a player should enjoy the game from it's start and enjoy it more in the end, but not start enjoying or understanding it after 50 hours + 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yuratomkivua said:

I got your point, but I was not talking about the end-game content where you have all your characters maxed out to 30lvl (again, character on 1 lvl and lvl 25 doesn't have any difference in gameplay), as I'm pretty sure that 50-60% of people who are going to play it won't finish the game, not even talking about the end game.

And I was thinking about "Maybe in the end game something will be different" but grinding 20-30-50 hours more and doing just the same thing as jumping and pressing L2 and R2 doesn't sound fun, I don't have a passion for doing that, but in the beginning I was thinking about getting platinum as I like DC comics, I like this characters, but man...it's really difficult to play this. 

I really gave this game a chance, I didn't pay attention to all the reviews as I wanted to see it myself to have my opinion. 
I think the game is terrible, even the looter shooter part "what this game is about" is also not that good, which is a shame. 
If I need to play like 50 hours more to understand the complexity of characters and their builds, well, that's really bad game design, as a player should enjoy the game from it's start and enjoy it more in the end, but not start enjoying or understanding it after 50 hours + 

The game isn’t perfect. I agree. It is a disappointment all things considered especially coming from Rocksteady and some of the decisions they made. 

The game looks to be built for longevity, that’s probably why it is “better” later on. But I understand your point. 

• Like 1

I just started playing this and I have to say that the banter between the squad members are pretty good, animations are bloody top notch.

It's basically Borderlands 3 with DC skins, but from what I can see there isn't any proper side quests like Borderlands 3 have (it's the only BL game I've played properly)

Although I do like the Batman sim. That was pretty cool and pretty terrifying. 

Early days, but I think I will enjoy this. A fairly simplistic squad shooter that I can solo?

I guess most of the work goes into creating the game world, and then slap in samey missions but this is kinda pretty bad for a game that's supposed to be in Development for 7 years? Especially there's a ton of different quests in all three Arkham games.

Edited by KHDelBoy

Just platinumed the game. It's very fun and has a solid framework to provide a genuinely fun experience with additional content. 

This is the kind of game you will like if you enjoy the gameplay loop. Think doing the same daily side quests in World of Warcraft or AC Odyssey, or more aptly Destiny. 

The loot is the focus here, with that express push to unlock master weapons. I admire what Rocksteady have done here to add freedom and customization:

1. Seasonal content is never locked out, so when season 2 comes out, you can still grind for season one.

2. You can reroll perks on any weapon of any rarity with Penguin.

3. You can unlocks mods for every slot with toyman.

4. You can choose any specific mod with toyman.

5. You can respect your talent tree for free at any time.

6. Weapon synergies on top of weapon synergies will add a lot of interesting combo potential far into the game's lifecycle. 

These are all super handy and eliminate the frustration of grinding for that god tier weapon. Once it drops once, you can forge it into the beast you want.

As for the story, I loved it. I like the M rated take on comics always and I feel again, there's plenty of places the game can go if they are supported enough.

For this type of game and the subsystems, quality and roadmap Rocksteady have laid out, I give it a 9.5/10. See you in Joker season. 

Edited by Startyde

Story was what I expected from the game, not too great not too bad. Didn't expect them to focus too much on the story in 4-player co-op shooter game. But I do think that superman and brainiac were extremely underwhelming. They appeared, one interaction, boss fight. And brainiac's boss fight just being flash was complete garbage of course.

I am however really torn in the gameplay. The combat in itself is great fun. I personally played Boomer the most, and I like fast paced combat a lot - however the missions just weren't any good. There are like a handful different missions in the end game, some longer some shorter, and the longer once don't even yield enough xp to make it worth playing over shorter ones. This game for me really hit the exact point where the combat was the most fun I had in a while, and the mission itsself where so awfully boring, that me playing the game was just a constant state of "fun boredom". Boot the game up, enjoy for 30 minutes, get bored and turn it off again. 

Finally finished the story so here are my few thoughts. Good cutscenes, enjoyed the banter and dialogue between the 4 characters. They did a great job with those four.

I hated the combat in the alpha but learned to enjoy it in the main game, but was still wishing it wasn't so gun centric.

As for the missions, I think they missed the mark here. A lot of the main missions also included the side activity combat missions, it was hard to differentiate which is what. Rest of it was just pretty straight forward, would have liked to see more story building and more missions based on that. 

Also was hoping we got a definitive ending rather than what we got but I guess that is the live service aspect of the game. Still hoping we eventually get one after.

Well the latest patch borked this game foe me.

I've finished a mission and end up with "Metropolis loading" which goes on for ages. And no that isn't after the battle with Brainaic. Just a bog standard mission in the Metropolis map.

Happened a few times. I preserved.

Went and fought Brainiac.

Same shit.

I'm going to hold off playing the rest of the game until this get patched. The constant patching seems to make this game unplayable.

• Like 1

What I think of this game?

It has great presentation: cutscenes, voice acting, facial animations, writing, all very well done. Genuinely enjoyed the cutscenes.

Gameplay mechanics are alright but grow boring after a short while already.

Main story missions include actual grindy tasks that you have to repeat ad nauseam for the rest of the game, far into the endgame grind.

Enemies are incredibly boring - purple aliens give me PTSD and remind me of the awful enemy design in Marvel's Avengers.

Boss battles and the fate of some superheroes are underwhelming, especially how you finish them off by riddling them with bullets once they're defeated on the ground.

Loading into servers often doesn't work if you want to randomly team up with others.

And there is one more thing: the bugs. The God-awful bugs and glitches, rendering the game unplayable.

Enemies not spawning into events.

Enemies turning completely invisible (not the Batman-infused kind!) so their projectiles are flying everywhere but I can't see them.

Critical hits not registering, breaking the mission.

My character getting stuck in the decor.

The terrible "Metropolis Loading" glitch essentially freezing the game and forcing you to hard reboot.

Coop AI refusing to react, standing still during firefights.

Guns refusing to fire when you load in.

Enemy AI ignoring you and staring blindly into the abyss.

Visual effects glitches when new enemy units are spawning.

And more.

Edit: I'm not going to sully this thread with my previous unfiltered opinion, but suffice it to say: this is a pain to grind through. As soon as I got the platinum trophy, I'm moving on to something else and I'm never looking back.

Edited by JoaLoft
Let's all agree Batman Arkham deserved much better closure than whatever this is supposed to resemble
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:29 AM, Justt--JD-- said:

Well, that didn't take long.

Deluxe Edition is 40% off now in the PS Store.

Is not going to take long before you will find this game for $20 in the store.

Unreal that is is dropping this fast. This is Ubisoft levels of price depreciation. When I saw this on the store I was tempted to buy. 

Anthem comes to mind as a live service game that flopped in the public eye but I very much enjoyed because I bought it post-launch at a steeply discounted price. I have a feeling Suicide Squad will scratch that same itch for me.

• Like 1

The standard edition is 40% off now as well. I would bite for that price if I wasn't trying to finish Rebirth before Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin. Hopefully it gets an even deeper discount during the summer doldrums when I'm looking for something to play. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed my time with this while I was playing through the story, all be it the story decides to throw itself off a cliff in the 3rd act and then just decides to not finish at all but once I got to finite crisis and with the extreme lack of content in season 1 so far I've just lost all enthusiasm for this game, I think I'm just going to get the plat and then leave it for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI - in the next patch Rocksteady will be changing when you can unlock Tier 2/Tier 3 weapons. See patch notes here: https://www.suicidesquadgame.com/en-us/community/developer-update-april-26th

This should hopefully save folks 15+ hours of mindless grinding to get Tier 2/Tier 3 weapons now that you will be able to unlock them at any mastery level.