45 Year old family man, extreme gamer looking for community!

xLailox

I'm on the wrong side of 20 now and between working, bills and my fiancée even I feel like there isn't enough time to game like I would want to, and even I get exhausted and disillusioned from trophy hunting.

I think you continuing this hobby this long into your life is awesome! 😃

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

I’m “only” 38 but comments likes this make me feel better about your generation paying £500k+ for houses we bought for about £200k-ish…

I didn't mean any harm by it, man. Sorry to offend, I guess. Just meant that many people give up old hobbies that are deemed less "mature" by the broader society, and it's cool to hear people who don't care about that and do what they please.

Also I am 10 years younger than you. I wouldn't really call that an entire generation gap.

Edited by Derezzed_Gamer

5 minutes ago, Derezzed_Gamer said:

I didn't mean any harm by it, man. Sorry to offend, I guess. Just meant that many people give up old hobbies that are deemed less "mature" by the broader society, and it's cool to hear people who don't care about that and do what they please.

Also I am 10 years younger than you. I wouldn't really call that an entire generation gap.

I was only joking. Your “wrong side of 20” comment actually had me chuckling, it’s just funny how our perception of age changes as we get older…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

I was only joking. Your “wrong side of 20” comment actually had me chuckling, it’s just funny how our perception of age changes as we get older…

Oh I just say that as a joke honestly, I apologize if it came off seriously lmao 😅

Edited by Derezzed_Gamer

Hello young man and welcome to this place.

My favorite part of this community is being called "kid" by some 20-something know-it-alls. It's like getting ID'd for buying alcohol and it really makes my day.

29 minutes ago, Helyx said:

My favorite part of this community is being called "kid" by some 20-something know-it-alls. It's like getting ID'd for buying alcohol and it really makes my day.

lmao i always take is as a compliment. Full beard, everything and clerk asks for ID. 19 is legal drinking age here so it's like oh how nice. When I'm much older than 19 lol.

Welcome to the forums OP

25 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Ah, to be a know-it-all in your 20's. They're so cute in their naiveness. Acting like they're all wise and have life all figured out at the ripe old age of 24. Dishing out life advice on social media like they're some grizzled veteran lol. 

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

G'day mate! I'm a bit closer to 40 than 30 these days. Are you enjoying FF14? I've been playing it quite a bit recently (90 WAR/86 SMN). Any particular Sega games you are quite fond of? I've always been a massive Wonder Boy fan so it's great seeing the collection pop up on modern consoles.

Quite a few, but my all time favourite back in the day was "Ranger X"  also a soft spot for the Buck Rogers RPG and Phantasy Star 2

3 hours ago, xLailox said:

Hi all

I am autistic 45 year old father of two, who has gamed since the early 80s.  Intellivsion, C64, Sega, PS1, PS2, PC then Xbox 360 to Series X.  I run a cooking YouTube channel and Social Media presence (The Faceless Chef UK if anyone is interested) I became disillusioned with achievement hunting, and never quite found the bite of console gaming since investing in the powerhouse "Series X" which turned out to be a power lawnmower overall...seriously underdeveloped for.  I have since been mostly PC Gaming particularly on FF14 (Level 73 BLM)

I collect for GameCube, Wii, DS, PSP and PS2.  And as such due to re-finding my love for Sony, convinced the Mrs to let me buy a PS5 on holiday...and wow, I am not disappointed in the slightest.  I have bought a range of games, but seriously enjoying just going back over some historical ones at the moment (God of War and Rez to name a couple) 

Would love to have some like minded, similar aged buddies, particularly those that enjoy "Trophy" hunting, as despite having little time, I will be aiming to complete/participate in sessions where possible.

Anyway TLDR - Adult looking for like minded gamers :D 

Get Antstream on Xbox (it's retro greatness) and send me some challenges

3 hours ago, xLailox said:

Hi all

I am autistic 45 year old father of two, who has gamed since the early 80s.  Intellivsion, C64, Sega, PS1, PS2, PC then Xbox 360 to Series X.  I run a cooking YouTube channel and Social Media presence (The Faceless Chef UK if anyone is interested) I became disillusioned with achievement hunting, and never quite found the bite of console gaming since investing in the powerhouse "Series X" which turned out to be a power lawnmower overall...seriously underdeveloped for.  I have since been mostly PC Gaming particularly on FF14 (Level 73 BLM)

I collect for GameCube, Wii, DS, PSP and PS2.  And as such due to re-finding my love for Sony, convinced the Mrs to let me buy a PS5 on holiday...and wow, I am not disappointed in the slightest.  I have bought a range of games, but seriously enjoying just going back over some historical ones at the moment (God of War and Rez to name a couple) 

Would love to have some like minded, similar aged buddies, particularly those that enjoy "Trophy" hunting, as despite having little time, I will be aiming to complete/participate in sessions where possible.

Anyway TLDR - Adult looking for like minded gamers :D 

A warm welcome to the site! I'm a wee smidgen younger than you, but alas, I'm a like-minded lass and anyone is welcome here. I will certainly say getting involved in community events, boosting sessions, or the forums in general can be a wonderful way to meet new people and gain connections with like-minded individuals. I know I'm always up to meeting new people and I'm always happy to have a friendly chat too. Anyhoo, welcome on in and enjoy! :D