Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

1 hour ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

So the arenas I assume will prevent 99% of players from achieving 100% are the following:

"Facing Liming Hui" Have to defeat all 5 story bosses on master difficulty (you fight them one at a time) Modifiers you got all shrine bonuses

"In it For The Long Run" survive 25 waves with a main story boss showing up every fifth wave (modifiers you age up by 1 on every hit and decrease by 1 on every enemy defeat)

"Alternative Ending" 3 round Time attack, 1st wave you fgiht kuroki and Jinfeng the ceo at the same time, 2nd wave you fight yang, last wave you fight Fajar and Sean at the same time. (Modifiers, start age 65, no pendant, 2x health)

These are all part of the last dragon card, but there are also some along the way which are master difficulty related and will pose most people trouble, but the above ones I definitely assume will make the hidden dragon trophy impossible for 99% of people 

Fuck that shit, I'm out of here.  Reminds me of NFS 2015 Prestige challenges.  

They should of made it 120 stamps instead of 240, that would actually be fair.  I could get some of the other trophies but F it, 90% it is 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

Indeed that is me :) I have done lots of different games with no damage, record highscore runs etc. and I consider this update to be 9/10 or 10/10 difficulty. majority of the arenas in my opinion are 5/10 difficulty, but there are a handful which crank it up to a 9 or a 10 though 99% of people will find it to be10/10 difficulty / impossible

That is just nucking futs!

What were the devs thinking? "Hey team, this is our final update. Let's win(screw) over our loyal fans by giving them an update to break their 100% and spirits! They will definitely want to purchase our next game! We're so clever and in tune with gamers today. Three cheers - hip..."

Anyway, the 100% appears moot until the stamp tracker is fixed.

Thanks to Warrior for listing those crazy arena maps. Did you manage to do that trophy where you threw all enemies off the helipad? Does kicking or pushing them out considered a throw? Or do you have to physically perform that counter grab throw move?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vinster said:

What were the devs thinking? "Hey team, this is our final update. Let's win(screw) over our loyal fans by giving them an update to break their 100% and spirits! They will definitely want to purchase our next game! We're so clever and in tune with gamers today. Three cheers - hip..."

Anyway, the 100% appears moot until the stamp tracker is fixed.

Thanks to Warrior for listing those crazy arena maps. Did you manage to do that trophy where you threw all enemies off the helipad? Does kicking or pushing them out considered a throw? Or do you have to physically perform that counter grab throw move?

I will say I am quite surprised the devs decided to make it this hard. Given the fans reaction to the main game being too difficult and the reaction people had to the first arena pack being to tough. Knowing that most fans hated the difficulty the first time around, I do wonder why they decided to make it so much harder now.. seems like it will only result in pissing fans off.

I got all the new arena pack 2 trophies except for the bugged 240 stamps trophy you know about (I currently have 302 stamps) and I need to complete 4 more dragon arenas for that trophy.

I am not sure if kicking or pushing the enemies off the helipad will unlock the trophy. I personally did grab and throw move  

• Like 2

Just got all the Tigers done and I can confirm you need at least 1 stamp for the game to register it as complete as was the opposite with the first dlc. 

I had a few of the first dlc with no stamp and the game did not register those. 

23 minutes ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

I am not sure if kicking or pushing the enemies off the helipad will unlock the trophy. I personally did grab and throw move  

Oh I can confirm this one. I got the throphy by just using triangle, square, triangle on the level The Women in White. Some of them even fell off by themselves and the throphy popped. 

That said, I spend a few hours today relearning throws and its kinda essential to just complete some maps. 

Onwards to challenge the dragon! 

Edited by Laozuli
Extra info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Just got all the Tigers done and I can confirm you need at least 1 stamp for the game to register it as complete as was the opposite with the first dlc. 

Oh I can confirm this one. I got the throphy by just using triangle, square, triangle on the level The Women in White. Some of them even fell off by themselves and the throphy popped. 

That said, I spend a few hours today relearning throws and its kinda essential to just complete some maps. 

Onwards to challenge the dragon! 

Best of luck! Most of the dragon arenas are the same difficulty as the tiger arenas imo, but a few of them are way harder

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vinster said:

Did you manage to do that trophy where you threw all enemies off the helipad? Does kicking or pushing them out considered a throw? Or do you have to physically perform that counter grab throw move?

I did it on the first challenge of that map.  Block, then square + X and direction of throw, it was pretty easy tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

So the arenas I assume will prevent 99% of players from achieving 100% are the following:

"Facing Liming Hui" Have to defeat all 5 story bosses on master difficulty (you fight them one at a time) Modifiers you got all shrine bonuses

"In it For The Long Run" survive 25 waves with a main story boss showing up every fifth wave (modifiers you age up by 1 on every hit and decrease by 1 on every enemy defeat)

"Alternative Ending" 3 round Time attack, 1st wave you fgiht kuroki and Jinfeng the ceo at the same time, 2nd wave you fight yang, last wave you fight Fajar and Sean at the same time. (Modifiers, start age 65, no pendant, 2x health)

These are all part of the last dragon card, but there are also some along the way which are master difficulty related and will pose most people trouble, but the above ones I definitely assume will make the hidden dragon trophy impossible for 99% of people 

Well crap.  Very disappointing to read. Looks like my 100% profile will be no more. Thanks for sharing. Will be a while before I ever consider giving this a go. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vinster said:

Guess you can thank the very vocal people getting hyped for the difficulty without them even having touched the update yet... And hardcore fans from reddit, which I believe are not representative at all of the player base, but dedicated enough so that they are the only one actives on social media and thus the only ones the devs see...

Never buying a game from this dev again after this move... First update was ok but this is wayyyy too much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkorlightAlex said:

Never buying a game from this dev again after this move... First update was ok but this is wayyyy too much

I am definitely bummed as well.  Haven't jumped back in yet, but with me wanting to have a 100% account, I think this DLC just blocked me from ever reaching it again.  My only hope is that as I get back into the game a third time, I pick it up quicker than I did the first two times.  At the end of the first DLC, I actually really started to enjoy playing and completing the challenges was very satisfying.  This sounds like it is exponentially more difficult.

13 hours ago, vinster said:

The DLC will be for fans of the game who enjoyed the challenge before they patched in an easy mode for entitled trophy hunters who just want trophies handed to them all the time 🙃

Edited by Howlers23
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Howlers23 said:

The DLC will be for fans of the game who enjoyed the challenge before they patched in an easy mode for entitled trophy hunters who just want trophies handed to them all the time 🙃

Uh, nope. I never once turned down the difficulty while 100%ing this game six times, and I will never finish this DLC. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Howlers23 said:

Perhaps for the main game but I wouldn't call DLC1 easy by any stretch of the imagination.

I've done my share of extreme to hard to very easy games and I cycle them to give myself a break. But often, there is a line between very hard and 10/10 hard that just sucks the life and fun out of a game. You can still have a very challenging trophy set, yet leave room for the elites who want to do the extreme stuff without attaching trophies to that.

Anyway, the 100% appears broken for now because of the stamp tracker issue. If Slocap drags their feet on this fix, they may risk pissing off even their diehard players.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bika-FS said:

Any advice with Fair Fight challenge?

I wanted to clear all the challenges before starting with the last 5, and I can't beat this one.

Just got to this one and damn its tough! 

I can get the first two by playing it safe with keeping distance, slide kicks and short heavy combo's. The third one I try to keep dodging in a circle and do a few hits when she swings down. And when Sean shows up, I die :p. Still looking for a way to get some safe hits in on him but no dice so far. 

Edit: finally got it!!!! Hardest one for me so far. You absolutely have to learn on how to avoid for this one. 

My strategy was avoid until their combo stops, triangle, throw, triangle for the first two. 

Third one was avoid until end of combo and only triangle two times (she becomes harder without the staff).

And for the boss same strat as the first two. 

I highly recommend using custom to learn the boss his patterns first. That leg sweep gets you so off guard... . 

Edited by Laozuli
Update
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

I can get the first two by playing it safe with keeping distance, slide kicks and short heavy combo's. The third one I try to keep dodging in a circle and do a few hits when she swings down. And when Sean shows up, I die :p. Still looking for a way to get some safe hits in on him but no dice so far. 

I completed this challenge yesterday it really was tough I reached Sean with no hit and his lower kick is really annoying but u will get it after couples of tries.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:42 AM, Warrior_of_Doom said:

I just finished "In it for the long run" 

And yang was really annoying I reached him while I'm 27 and ended up some how 65 

Anyway I tried the method that I posted in this topic and it's still working so anyone having trouble with yang second phase this will help

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/148797-challenge-45-easy-way-to-defeat-yang-second-phase/#comment-2830010

And this is my entire playthrough for this stupid challenge if anyone having trouble with the other bosses this might help you 

https://youtu.be/x-930TUdYzQ?si=e5WVzitz8FAOAd09

Edited by Bika-FS
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

I managed to get 3 stamps on that fight, but I have to agree it is an annoying fight!

37 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

I completed this challenge yesterday it really was tough I reached Sean with no hit and his lower kick is really annoying but u will get it after couples of tries.

Sean's lower kick is really what make this fight hard if you are not used to the master difficulty

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

I managed to get 3 stamps on that fight, but I have to agree it is an annoying fight!

That's impressive, I'm just fine with one stamp I just need to finish the PS5 version to start with the PS4 one,

And the 2 other challenges you mentioned are the ones I still need 

3 hours ago, DarkorlightAlex said:

No disrespect or anything, but you're both part of what I mentioned : you're almost bragging about the difficulty of the update while you did not even boot it up.

1. You cut out the bit in your quote of my original statement where I said I was an average player, so I'm hardly boasting. I was just trying to remain positive. I apologise if this isn't something you wanted to read.

2. I haven't booted it up because I'm playing AC6. I wasn't planning on playing Sifu again until after Phantom Liberty anyway, even without a trophy being bugged. 

Even pros who did not stop playing the game at all struggle with these.

3. Somebody has posted on the Sifu subreddit that they got gold stamps on all Tiger challenges already. 

https://reddit.com/r/SifuGame/s/MMqDoJ6cn6

Remember that trophy hunting is a hobby and should be fun.

4. I have fun trying to complete challenging games. Many people do.

I would consider calling this way of tricking people into getting the game false advertising or trickery.

5. Once again, I would just like to make the observation that the central theme of this entire game is overcoming difficulty through repetition and mastery. That's the story the developers are trying to tell.

• Like 4