Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

50 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Seems way harder than the first DLC, currently I'm replaying all the old challenges trying to get at least 2 stamps in each challenge, will be a long journey, but I don't know if I even capable of finish all the challenges, I'm getting old

It most certainly is.  This has nothing to do with getting old like we are, lol.  This is a dlc with a trophy list meant for dedicated and very skilled individuals.  Both of which, I am not.  Especially the skilled part. 

2 hours ago, Bika-FS said:

I completed this challenge yesterday it really was tough I reached Sean with no hit and his lower kick is really annoying but u will get it after couples of tries.

I just finished "In it for the long run" 

And yang was really annoying I reached him while I'm 27 and ended up some how 65 

Anyway I tried the method that I posted in this topic and it's still working so anyone having trouble with yang second phase this will help

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/148797-challenge-45-easy-way-to-defeat-yang-second-phase/#comment-2830010

And this is my entire playthrough for this stupid challenge if anyone having trouble with the other bosses this might help you 

https://youtu.be/x-930TUdYzQ?si=e5WVzitz8FAOAd09

Thanks for sharing a video.  Seeing as this can be a 20+ minute and fail challenge, that makes it even more worrisome.  I don't think I'll ever get it, but I might as well try.  Maybe the third time getting into the game will make the transition smoother and get right into the enjoy the challenge aspect of the game.

14 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

5. Once again, I would just like to make the observation that the central theme of this entire game is overcoming difficulty through repetition and mastery. That's the story the developers are trying to tell.

This is the big one.  It almost has a rougelike play to it.  Restarting from a young age with certain unlocks to improve your next run.  Fail, improve, retry, repeat.

While I am devastated at the difficulty that my profile will likely never get to 100%, as I do not see myself having the time to be able to commit to achieve, I understand why they would add content to challenge some of its most dedicated advocates, players, and supporters.  I bought the game as they added the easier difficulty because I wanted to support the developer, the game looked fun and I felt it would lead to an easier 100%.  That being said, they announced from the start that there would be several content updates going forward.  I should have had the patience to wait for it, or play on an alternate account.  But alas, the burden of a 100% account may be off my shoulders.

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

1. You cut out the bit in your quote of my original statement where I said I was an average player, so I'm hardly boasting. I was just trying to remain positive. I apologise if this isn't something you wanted to read.

2. I haven't booted it up because I'm playing AC6. I wasn't planning on playing Sifu again until after Phantom Liberty anyway, even without a trophy being bugged. 

3. Somebody has posted on the Sifu subreddit that they got gold stamps on all Tiger challenges already. 

https://reddit.com/r/SifuGame/s/MMqDoJ6cn6

4. I have fun trying to complete challenging games. Many people do.

5. Once again, I would just like to make the observation that the central theme of this entire game is overcoming difficulty through repetition and mastery. That's the story the developers are trying to tell.

1. Ofc you can keep being positive. However, I can ensure you that you are underestimating the task at hand

2. No need to justify yourself ^^ . We all have our priorities and time is short. Hence why some people here are not happy with this update and the amount of dedication it will take.

3. Guy is a veteran amongst veteran. And tiger challenge is the "easy" part of the challenge.

4. Take a look at my profile and tell me I cant enjoy a challenge. There's a balance regarding difficulty to be found at some point. Else why not making trophies such as not hit run on the full game on master difficulty while speedrunning it or even straight impossible ones to say that perfection can never be achieved ?

Once again, should the devs not patch it or anything, I foresee that your posts will age poorly and that you wont be able to complete the dlc. I've seen this happen so many times. I still wish you the opposite though.

Also, as always with hard challenges updates like this, I'm sure most of the devs thermselves cant beat it lol

5. Yes. And the first batch of dlc trophies embraced this theme well. Beating the trophies regarding dedication, while not alienating, and dedicated amongst the dedicated could go for all gold. The second one requires being obsessed with the game.

Also, I'd like to insist on the fact the game was heavily marketed towards a more casual audience at some point.

This shift is a bad move since this update won't significantly increase the sales at this point while disappointing potential buyers for their next games.

Hopefully they'll understand this and change it along the bugged trophy patch (even if I highly doubt they will since it was last content update)

Otherwise, they deserve people getting angry and not buying their products again (which is their basic right)

In the end I'm disappointed I got shafted this bad. But I guess this is what you get for supporting an indie developper...

Devs are often complaining about how though it is for them but they also never adjust to the playerbase and get mad when the market punishes them for it. One day the industry will understand that more difficulty options brings more people without hurting the hardcore fans...

Edited by DarkorlightAlex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I don't understand this mentality. Some people want a 100% profile but complain that the Sifu DLC might have ruined their plans. So this means, you pick and choose what games you want to pretend that you're an accomplished individual with a 100% profile? This makes zero sense. A true 100% profile wouldn't shy away from hard games because they cannot achieve them. It defeats the purpose of trying to claim that you can play/100% any game you play. 

I'm just being brutally honest... 

I don't understand the mentality of needing to criticize how someone plays their games and hunts for trophies.  Even though you are a high percentage profile, you are not a 100% profile, so you really don't have much right to say what a "true" 100% profile is.  100% is defined.  Nothing less than all trophies in the games you've played.  I'm sorry if you can't figure that one out. 

Why does one hide games on their trophy list?

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I don't think Sifu is out of the reach of anyone intersted in mastering it.. 

I dont see Sifu in your list so as I told a lot of people already, you may underestimate the requirements here. Not saying you couldnot beat it or anything as you are clearly able to dedicate yourself to a game.

I know other people who obsess with 100% as well, this also makes them miserable until they attain the goal. So it makes sense in a way to keep unnecessary frustration in check by avoiding really demanding games

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DarkorlightAlex said:

Take a look at my profile and tell me I cant enjoy a challenge. There's a balance regarding difficulty to be found at some point.

Yeah, this is where I am, too. I don’t mind doing some difficult stuff, as evidenced by my profile. 

When I first started playing the game, it was hard, but I enjoyed the challenge of getting better and beating it. Same thing with the first DLC, which I originally thought I wouldn’t be able to do but came around on pretty quickly. 

This new set, for me, is too much - both in terms of time and in terms of difficulty - to still be considered enjoyable. 

• Like 3

For the Fighter in the Pond throphy, the mission is in the penultimate dragon pack, second mission.

About halfway, there is a disciple with a staff and some normal grunts near a bridge. Simply throw her off, which is also a good strategy since you'll clear the area faster.  Edit: you can also use your eye strike focus to stun and then throw to save even more time so no need to wait for a parry. 

Currently at 40/45 and 205 stamps on my adventure this weekend. Biggedt wall for me so far was Fair Fight since I'm bad at bosses and wasn't using avoid that much. Too me the whole afternoon by itself to clear it with 1 stamp.... 

Others were okay after relearning throwing and trial and error. At the end there are more easier levels then in the beginning so don't let that discourage you. There are lot of manhunts at the end with weapons or places where you can throw enemies to rack up stamps. 

Now to try the final five.... 

Edited by Laozuli
Extra info
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DarkorlightAlex said:

No disrespect or anything, but you're both part of what I mentioned : you're almost bragging about the difficulty of the update while you did not even boot it up.

There's a difference between a challenge and asking players to be amongst the top 1% of the top 1%. Even pros who did not stop playing the game at all struggle with these.

Remember that trophy hunting is a hobby and should be fun.

Also, the game cattered towards more casual people with its easy update, which released at the same time as physical edition. This clearly contributed to the game financial success.

Then they hard slap this audience with this update a year and a half later.

Guess this audience is only good to bring money when needed and to gtfo from the devs point of view. I would consider calling this way of tricking people into getting the game false advertising or trickery.

So yeah it's only fair that people are disappointed with this and won't support them again

EXACTLY! I bought this game when they patched the difficulty bcos i was interested from the trailer but then ppl said it was so hard so ibdidnt bought it day one. Someone said ‘no need to crap on the devs bcause the game is too hard for you’ above lmao. That shit made laugh fr

11 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

So this means, you pick and choose what games you want to pretend that you're an accomplished individual with a 100% profile?

Pretty much all 100% profiles are like this. They'll cherry pick what to play based on whether they know they can easily complete it. Then if there's any game with something difficult in, they'll play it on an alt to protect their precious 100%.

As long as the bugged trophy gets fixed, there will be people who 100% this again. It's always the ones that can't do it who shout the loudest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howlers23 said:

As long as the bugged trophy gets fixed, there will be people who 100% this again.

The stamps thing glitched for me too. It's stuck at 100/240 :l. 

I'm currently at 187 medals and have 6 dragon packs left. If the remaining challenges are anything like what I've experienced so far, I can honestly say that the 240 stamps trophy isn't so bad. 

So far so good (minus the bugged trophy). Hopefully they patch it and it pops retroactively without restarting or something. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I'm currently at 187 medals and have 6 dragon packs left. If the remaining challenges are anything like what I've experienced so far, I can honestly say that the 240 stamps trophy isn't so bad. 

So far so good (minus the bugged trophy). Hopefully they patch it and it pops retroactively without restarting or something. 

The tracker seems to cause nothing but problems for trophies on PS5. Quite a few games have had issues with it getting stuck.

5 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Personally I think the new arena pack is easy, except for 2 challenges in the last dragon card and yeah the 240 stamps is no issue. currently got 320 and almost 3 stamps / gold in every tiger arena.

I think the real challenge for most people is the last dragon card

6 hours ago, Howlers23 said:

Pretty much all 100% profiles are like this. They'll cherry pick what to play based on whether they know they can easily complete it. Then if there's any game with something difficult in, they'll play it on an alt to protect their precious 100%.

As long as the bugged trophy gets fixed, there will be people who 100% this again. It's always the ones that can't do it who shout the loudest.

I am personally very different from this. I am a 100% completionist and I love a hard challenge and never pick my games based on the trophy list. If I want a certain game. I get it no matter the difficulty and I always believe I will get all the trophies because my mindset is that there is no game/trophy I can't beat.

Unfortunately for me, over the years I had a few games with glitched trophies which the devs never patched unfortunately, but that doesn't change my view on getting 100% in all my games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

Personally I think the new arena pack is easy, except for 2 challenges in the last dragon card and yeah the 240 stamps is no issue. currently got 320 and almost 3 stamps / gold in every tiger arena.

I think the real challenge for most people is the last dragon card

Would you have any tips for alternative ending? Anyway to keep the bosses out of each others way? 

I'm at the final 4 but for some reason also struggeling a lot with Inner Demons, the health bar is so small so a few hits and you're pepsi ...

13 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Would you have any tips for alternative ending? Anyway to keep the bosses out of each others way? 

I'm at the final 4 but for some reason also struggeling a lot with Inner Demons, the health bar is so small so a few hits and you're pepsi ...

The best way possible (though still tough) is to try your best to keep the bosses seperated and focus one at a time. the time limit is not really the issue, but more a matter of not taking too much damage early on. 

• Like 2

Hi all, few words of you interested to hear or have patience to go through my post.

As always there are two sides of the coin and  people have to  choose on which one they are, but the truth about it its not on any side it’s somewhere in the middle.

I don’t like what devs did because:

I’m 100% completionist but with my autism and ADHD it has every different meaning. It calms my mind lower my anxiety seeing 100% on the game so it’s not like I pick games that are easy no I do have few ultra rare platinums. So in some way I have to be careful picking my games to not put myself in place where I can’t do it however I strongly believe I can do most of the games unfortunately fighting ones are on this side where my skill start playing big factor in whatever I will be able to get all trophies or not.

Now if I will not be able to do get 100% here only is ok because my history of trophies and over 10 years account is more important that having 100% account but its bothers me every day. Luckily again I have few games that servers closed before I started trophy hunting so I’m kind of in agreement with myself that it is what it is and I will not create new account to show 100% because I do not play for others I play for myself. And there are so games I proud of or some games I would never like to platinum again.

That being said why I don’t like devs approach is because I see it as not being inclusive to all type of gamers but they were more than happy to add student mode to get more sales but correct me if I’m wrong it is the way I see it. And I don’t like devs who don’t respect people time as I will not waste my time to get a trophy in the game I don’t like and longer I play Sifu unfortunately less I like it turning this slowly into hate and regret ever touching it. And now if devs would be honest from the beginning if the would stick with one difficulty like the game was created not lowering difficulty or increasing I would be ok with it. I can invest some time to get all trophies but to the point where it is healthy, it can be hard but it has to be not toxic, hateful or regretful. I can struggle but I won’t waste my time and health as my stress and anxiety due to my state of mind can easily skyrocket so time and health are more important and if I have to swallow hard pill of not getting a trophy it’s not easy but is something I have to do.

If I knew what will happen with this game and if devs would say it’s not for everyone and it will be very hard to complete or we plan to put some close to impossible content here to challenge the best of the best I would simply skip this game and again correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall seeing that and I’m trying to pay attention due to need of selecting my games carefully. 

I think is not fair or ok first going for cash baiting people with easy mode then addressing dlc that my break some people spirit of trophy hunting or gaming. 

So I personally will never again support this devs if this will stay the way it is. 

and that is my take in this discussion.

To close my speech big shout to everyone who got platinum in disciple mode especially for investing time I went for it on student mode and It was not hard but 25 years trophy was challenging got it on my first run but with some save manipulating so I do respect those who did it on disciple. 

thanks everyone who got to the end of my long post and happy hunting 

• Like 3

Small update: found a way to "cheese" Inner Demons to get a stamp.

So you play as yang, 1 life and very small health. 

First wave is three normal grunts, just counter with avoid and punish them. Keep multiplier at x3

Second wave is normal grunts, a batboy and two big ones. Finish them normally and use the bat for the big ones. Try to kill them all at multiplier x3. 

Third wave is a disciple and normal grunts. Use the rest of the bat on the disciple and forcus on deflecting on this one. Regain health by finishing the normal grunt. 

Fourth wave is grunts, 2 flashkicks and a big one. The flashkicks are really annoying and killed me so many times until I realised Yang has a lunge move where he leaps a great distance forward. If you hold square he lunges forward dealing rapid small attacks. So abuse it in this fight. Keep your distance and only do those lunge attacks to deal damage. It takes a bit of time but works. 

Fifth wave is a bodyguard and normal grunts. Just use the lunge and take your time.

You'll get above 3500 for the stamp this way. 

Hope this helps someone struggeling with this one like me. Now to try the final 3....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimeTraveler2719 said:

Hi all, few words of you interested to hear or have patience to go through my post.

As always there are two sides of the coin and  people have to  choose on which one they are, but the truth about it its not on any side it’s somewhere in the middle.

I don’t like what devs did because:

I’m 100% completionist but with my autism and ADHD it has every different meaning. It calms my mind lower my anxiety seeing 100% on the game so it’s not like I pick games that are easy no I do have few ultra rare platinums. So in some way I have to be careful picking my games to not put myself in place where I can’t do it however I strongly believe I can do most of the games unfortunately fighting ones are on this side where my skill start playing big factor in whatever I will be able to get all trophies or not.

Now if I will not be able to do get 100% here only is ok because my history of trophies and over 10 years account is more important that having 100% account but its bothers me every day. Luckily again I have few games that servers closed before I started trophy hunting so I’m kind of in agreement with myself that it is what it is and I will not create new account to show 100% because I do not play for others I play for myself. And there are so games I proud of or some games I would never like to platinum again.

That being said why I don’t like devs approach is because I see it as not being inclusive to all type of gamers but they were more than happy to add student mode to get more sales but correct me if I’m wrong it is the way I see it. And I don’t like devs who don’t respect people time as I will not waste my time to get a trophy in the game I don’t like and longer I play Sifu unfortunately less I like it turning this slowly into hate and regret ever touching it. And now if devs would be honest from the beginning if the would stick with one difficulty like the game was created not lowering difficulty or increasing I would be ok with it. I can invest some time to get all trophies but to the point where it is healthy, it can be hard but it has to be not toxic, hateful or regretful. I can struggle but I won’t waste my time and health as my stress and anxiety due to my state of mind can easily skyrocket so time and health are more important and if I have to swallow hard pill of not getting a trophy it’s not easy but is something I have to do.

If I knew what will happen with this game and if devs would say it’s not for everyone and it will be very hard to complete or we plan to put some close to impossible content here to challenge the best of the best I would simply skip this game and again correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall seeing that and I’m trying to pay attention due to need of selecting my games carefully. 

I think is not fair or ok first going for cash baiting people with easy mode then addressing dlc that my break some people spirit of trophy hunting or gaming. 

So I personally will never again support this devs if this will stay the way it is. 

and that is my take in this discussion.

To close my speech big shout to everyone who got platinum in disciple mode especially for investing time I went for it on student mode and It was not hard but 25 years trophy was challenging got it on my first run but with some save manipulating so I do respect those who did it on disciple. 

thanks everyone who got to the end of my long post and happy hunting 

BIG SHOUTOUT TO THIS GUY. I am the same way as you and in agreement with 100% of what you said. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

Any advice with yang 1st phase, in alternative ending I can reach him with almost full health and then he beats the shit out of me and I'm starting to lose hope in this game and I only need 2 more challenges 

Same here he completly wrecks me. How did you get through Kuroki that easily? I always lose half my health there since her moves are unpredictable and chip at my health. 

I did notice that the bosses (most of the time) attack in turn. So when Kuroki is spinning her moves, Jinfeng is just standing around waiting for a punch of two. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Same here he completly wrecks me. How did you get through Kuroki that easily? I always lose half my health there since her moves are unpredictable and chip at my health. 

I did notice that the bosses (most of the time) attack in turn. So when Kuroki is spinning her moves, Jinfeng is just standing around waiting for a punch of two. 

I get rid of jinfeng first and then I keep a distance between me and kuroki until she do her spinning attack then I get close to her and deflect every attack she do and then I back out this will take a while but I always reach yang within 3-4 min and I only need to complete the challenge under 9 min so I think I have much time, if I just can kill yang 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

I am personally very different from this. I am a 100% completionist and I love a hard challenge and never pick my games based on the trophy list. If I want a certain game. I get it no matter the difficulty and I always believe I will get all the trophies because my mindset is that there is no game/trophy I can't beat.

Unfortunately for me, over the years I had a few games with glitched trophies which the devs never patched unfortunately, but that doesn't change my view on getting 100% in all my games

Credit to you for doing that. It's how it should be imo. Good luck with getting the 100%!

3 hours ago, Bika-FS said:

I get rid of jinfeng first and then I keep a distance between me and kuroki until she do her spinning attack then I get close to her and deflect every attack she do and then I back out this will take a while but I always reach yang within 3-4 min and I only need to complete the challenge under 9 min so I think I have much time, if I just can kill yang 

Thx for the tip! Will try it out later. 

Just finished with "In it for a long run" and bloody Yang man! Started him around 26 and finished with 62. He is too intense. I did get to his second fase at age 38 and my strategy is just spamming deflect/parry until I can counter attack. Not the best but it works so far. 

I did find that challenge still fair since you get a lot of weapons and you can dispatch the trickier enemies with focus moves. 

Now only 2 are left...

Update again: got Alternative Ending. Here is my strategy. 

First wave: Kuroki and Jinfeng. 

Slowly approach Jinfeng while avoiding the pendulum and Kuroki. There are two optimal times to strike her: after her combo (avoid with 2 times Ldown and one Lup). Run up for three heavy hits. Second time is when Kuroki is swinging her weapons, she will be standing there just watching so run to do a quick square, triangle hit. 

When you have focus, do the eye strike followed up with a throw and quick heavy hits. She will fall down leaving her open for the ground pummeling with cricle. 

When she is down focus on Kuroki. Best method for me was to attack after she jumps away. So keep reasonable distance and get a few hits in. When she does her rapid spinning vertical move, go in and deflect. When you have focus, do the eye strike throw combo for heavy posture damage. 

Second Wave: Yang is up and try to have at least 3/4 of your health left. So all I did was spam the deflect move on everything. And when Yang is stopped by your hits, do heavy triangle strikes. If the posture breaks, so be it take the hits. He went down after half my health. 

Wave 3: Sean and Fajar. Start by creating distance and let Sean (the fastest of the two) chase you. Use all your focus for eye strikes and throws you got from the previous wave. Then just avoid his staff attacks with Ldown 3 times and follow up witj the throw and heavy hits. Keep your distance if Fajar joins. 

After him, Fajar is next. His attacks are easy to avoid so keep doing that followed up with the throw combo. 

Final one is next!

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1