Mortal Kombat 1 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I imagine if you're like me and intend to let the players you're up against in kombat league win the whole set it probably won't be too bad.  I just want the trophy and be done with it.  Maybe try and get a taunt off, if I can't then boost it with KOTH.

In this early stage of day 1 premium edition launching, not sure is there many player notice about the Ranked Match set is equal to 3 matches.

Therefore, you never know is there a player you matched/encounter, whether they will drop/quit before thenext match, caused us unable to conclude a set of win...or lose.

I don't concern for my win/lose rate since the main objective we gather here to discuss, mainly is hunting trophy.

So yeah, I don't mind to let the opponent for win over all 3 matches.

However, just for advise, don't stand still for letting the opponent hit from match start until end. As there might have some player who look for challenge will lost their intention to continue the next match with you. They not the tool for us to grind trophy. (although......the fact is....they are 🤣) Simply move around, hit the buttom once or twice, pretending to fight with. 😆

6 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

In this early stage of day 1 premium edition launching, not sure is there many player notice about the Ranked Match set is equal to 3 matches.

Therefore, you never know is there a player you matched/encounter, whether they will drop/quit before thenext match, caused us unable to conclude a set of win...or lose.

I don't concern for my win/lose rate since the main objective we gather here to discuss, mainly is hunting trophy.

So yeah, I don't mind to let the opponent for win over all 3 matches.

However, just for advise, don't stand still for letting the opponent hit from match start until end. As there might have some player who look for challenge will lost their intention to continue the next match with you. They not the tool for us to grind trophy. (although......the fact is....they are 🤣) Simply move around, hit the buttom once or twice, pretending to fight with. 😆

Obviously.  It's not like I'm going to let someone think I'm letting them win.  I'll try, but not hard enough to actually win the match, usually lol.  In MK11 I had a couple matches for the 50 ranked matchs where I accidently won and a few where I did actually try. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Biscoito18 said:

Looks easier than MK11 but with a big grind for the 5 Kameos Masteries. 10 hrs farming xp for each kharacter is a lot. 

To compare, actually MK11 is the most easy to plat. among the series. 🤣

The kameos mastery farm still acceptable, since there are a worst record for mastery in MK9, 1 character mastery = 28hours......😰

it really seems to be the easiest of the last three MK games when it comes to the Platinum. I'm almost done (over 60%) and the only thing I think that will take still some time for me are the Kameo masteries. And I only played for 9h so far.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sicho said:

it really seems to be the easiest of the last three MK games when it comes to the Platinum. I'm almost done (over 60%) and the only thing I think that will take still some time for me are the Kameo masteries. And I only played for 9h so far.

Yeah those masteries are super simple just bloody grindy. I'm curious about this 5 mil gateway tower though. Apart from the unknown, it's really damn straight forward and yeah I'd have to agree (at this stage) it's the easiest of the last three

5 hours ago, Sicho said:

i found 11 easy. But yeah i want to get the Kombat Sets out of the way and the KoTH.

Hate online stuff sometimes...

That being said, wonder if they are aware of the 5mil trophy not unlocking or if requirements are wrong 

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

What do you mean there are not Gateway Towers yet?

The whole central area in Invasions is called Gateway Portal and it has Towers in it... you mean to tell me it is not what they want us to do?

well, to be honest, I don't know.
I was thinking that it might be like with the previous game, that after a while they put new rotating towers into the game and that the trophy refers to those - since none of the Towers in Tower Mode is named something with Gateway.
I will check the Gateway Portal Mesa and try the towers there then. But I thought there is no score tally after beating a tower in Invasion mode, But maybe I'm wrong. I'll try it out right away.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:57 AM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Eww invasions are back 🤮 and an hour in practice is just pointless 

Invasions are a single-player mode this time, reminiscent of Konquest Mode in Deadly Alliance. It's called Invasions because the premise is that fighters from other timeline are invading yours.

And one hour in practice mode... well to be fair, this is a Beat'em up with a lively e-sports scene, those players that want to become at least a little bit good in this game will spend much, much more time in practice mode than one mere hour. And one hour isn't really much, trying out several characters should already to the trick for you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

What do you mean there are not Gateway Towers yet?

The whole central area in Invasions is called Gateway Portal and it has Towers in it... you mean to tell me it is not what they want us to do?

ha, now I see what you mean :D

This is basically the mode I was thinking about lol. I just never went to the Mesa in the middle because I wanted to do them "in order" and thought I might be skipping content otherwise xD

And yeah, I think the trophy is to get 5 Million in ONE run, not 5 Million total over all the tower runs. So far, it doesn't seem feasible as the available towers don't have many floors. The best I could do right now was I think Weekly Tower 1, which has 5 floors and I got close to 3 Million points. (making each floor "all Fatality" or "all Brutality" gives an x4 bonus!) The only other tower that has a nice amount of floors is the Level 128 one, which has 18 floors :D My guess is if you beat that tower, you will be way over the 5 Million - but it is hard af. I'm only Invasion Level 15 right now, will try again when I'm Level 30. (which I think is Max Level)

P.S.: now the "Extra Lives" items for Towers also make much more sense :D because I loss in the tower = tower failed. Which is rough for a 18 floor tower.

Edited by Sicho

9 minutes ago, Sicho said:

ha, now I see what you mean :D

This is basically the mode I was thinking about lol. I just never went to the Mesa in the middle because I wanted to do them "in order" and thought I might be skipping content otherwise xD

And yeah, I think the trophy is to get 5 Million in ONE run, not 5 Million total over all the tower runs. So far, it doesn't seem feasible as the available towers don't have many floors. The best I could do right now was I think Weekly Tower 1, which has 5 floors and I got close to 3 Million points. (making each floor "all Fatality" or "all Brutality" gives an x4 bonus!) The only other tower that has a nice amount of floors is the Level 128 one, which has 18 floors :D My guess is if you beat that tower, you will be way over the 5 Million - but it is hard af. I'm only Invasion Level 15 right now, will try again when I'm Level 30. (which I think is Max Level)

P.S.: now the "Extra Lives" items for Towers also make much more sense :D because I loss in the tower = tower failed. Which is rough for a 18 floor tower.

I did the 18 floor tower and still no trophy, it didn't even show my points summary after finishing it.

1 minute ago, SystolicGem97 said:

I did the 18 floor tower and still no trophy, it didn't even show my points summary after finishing it.

then my guess is that this tower isn't eligible. Because the others show point summaries at the end. I would reckon that you need to get 5 Million in one of those.

But those 4-5 floor towers that are available right now all have these stupid modifiers where a lot of stuff is flying around etc. so it's virtually impossible to get Flawless rounds, which would make getting points much easier.

I just saw that no one has the achievement on Xbox either (don't know about Steam) but, in my opinion, that makes it less likely that it is a bug (it's rare that bugs concerning achievement/trophies are on all platforms) and more likely that simply no one got to 5 Million in one of those towers yet.
But it's still possible that it is simply bugged because maybe it's on the server side (which all platforms connect to)

Time will tell I guess. I will, for now, continue leveling my Invasion character and wait for the next rotation of towers, maybe one of the next ones makes 5 Million more feasible for me. 

If someone gets 5 Million and has a screenshot to prove it, we can definitely say that it is a bug.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sicho said:

then my guess is that this tower isn't eligible. Because the others show point summaries at the end. I would reckon that you need to get 5 Million in one of those.

But those 4-5 floor towers that are available right now all have these stupid modifiers where a lot of stuff is flying around etc. so it's virtually impossible to get Flawless rounds, which would make getting points much easier.

I just saw that no one has the achievement on Xbox either (don't know about Steam) but, in my opinion, that makes it less likely that it is a bug (it's rare that bugs concerning achievement/trophies are on all platforms) and more likely that simply no one got to 5 Million in one of those towers yet.
But it's still possible that it is simply bugged because maybe it's on the server side (which all platforms connect to)

Time will tell I guess. I will, for now, continue leveling my Invasion character and wait for the next rotation of towers, maybe one of the next ones makes 5 Million more feasible for me. 

If someone gets 5 Million and has a screenshot to prove it, we can definitely say that it is a bug.

I hope it's just bugged and those 5 mill points can be earned in multiple towers. Otherwise it will be one hell of a challenge to get them all in one, as you said, those stupid modifiers ruin any perfect run, specially the fire balls and the one that blinds you. Good luck in your hunt! 

Edited by SystolicGem97

3 minutes ago, SystolicGem97 said:

I hope it's just bugged and those 5 mill points can be earned in multiple towers. Otherwise it will be one hell of a challenge to get them all in one, as you said, those stupied modifiers ruin any perfect run, specially the fire balls and the one that blinds you. Good luck in your hunt! 

As I said I got close to 3 Million in one, but that was an "all Fatality" run. The issue in not being able to do an "all Brutality" run for me is the second fight, the guy is a tank and I cannot get him down before time runs out, so I can only do a Fatality to him and not a Brutality. Since brutalities net 25k more points than fatalities, doing 5 brutalities instead of 5 fatalities would net 200k points instead of 125k. That's a difference of 75k points, times that by 4 if you get the "all brutality" bonus and it means I would get 300k more points if I were to be able to pull off all brutalities instead of all fatalities. That's still not nearly enough to get me to 5 Million but I guess this is the minimum that needs to be done and then either some lucky Flawless rounds (again, virtually impossible) or maybe get down to Fatal Blow each time and use it each round (another 25k per round iirc, so if I pull it off each round it's 125k, which times four would net another half million) but I guess that's also not really feasible in the round with that tanky enemy ...

Long story short: I will just wait for a tower with more floors or nicer modifiers :D or both :D 

But I'll try again when I level up some more, maybe I can get the enemies down much quicker and get some time bonus...

11 minutes ago, SystolicGem97 said:

I hope it's just bugged and those 5 mill points can be earned in multiple towers. Otherwise it will be one hell of a challenge to get them all in one, as you said, those stupid modifiers ruin any perfect run, specially the fire balls and the one that blinds you. Good luck in your hunt! 

The trophy is currently at .1% on psn.  Someone got it somehow. 

5 hours ago, SystolicGem97 said:

Did you do it without losing any fights? I haven't checked if there's a retry option from an opponent, but I got all the way to the final floor this morning which was a test your might challenge and blew it. No retry option so it was a complete fail. I'm just curious if the challenges on the tower are a wipe but the actual opponents give you the retry option. I'll experiment later. It was 5am and I rushed the damn TYM challenge

10 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Did you do it without losing any fights? I haven't checked if there's a retry option from an opponent, but I got all the way to the final floor this morning which was a test your might challenge and blew it. No retry option so it was a complete fail. I'm just curious if the challenges on the tower are a wipe but the actual opponents give you the retry option. I'll experiment later. It was 5am and I rushed the damn TYM challenge

Yes, at first i failed on the TYM too but i retried and i still didn't get my points summary or any trophy

10 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

There is no retry option, unless there is a consumable that let's you retry that I haven't unlocked yet.  I hit level 30 in Invasions but couldn't get past floor 5 of the 18 floor tower.  The element that survival uses was too powerful for my character to survive very well.