Mortal Kombat 1 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

On 9/9/2023 at 2:28 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Can't wait. Got the Premium edition pre ordered. I spent 1500 hours on MK11. Majority of that was playing online. 

Time to get addicted to MK all over again. 

1500 hours?! damn.

How do you feel about the roster? i get its a reset, but i am bothered there is no Jade or Noob or Cassie. Perhaps in MK2 (MK13 lol). Also the Kameo fighter thing is annoying. It should be one big roster and everyone Is available for play or kameo. Oh well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

1500 hours?! damn.

How do you feel about the roster? i get its a reset, but i am bothered there is no Jade or Noob or Cassie. Perhaps in MK2 (MK13 lol). Also the Kameo fighter thing is annoying. It should be one big roster and everyone Is available for play or kameo. Oh well.

I love this roster. I think it's their best roster since Armageddon(for obvious reasons). I think it will be hard to top this. I am a fan of the 3D era games so I have a lot of nostalgia for characters like Nitara and Havik. 

Clear omissions like Jade, playable Jax, playable Sonya are gonna hurt the fans of those characters but we haven't seen some of these 3D era characters in 17 years in some cases. I think it's time to bring back some characters we haven't seen in a while. 

Overall, I'm very mixed on the Kameo Fighters. On one hand you get to see characters back who will never stand a chance to be playable again like Darrius or Motaru. Both for different reasons. On the other hand someone's main can only be a Kameo.

I experimented with them in the Stress Test and Beta and I didn't like how your main character stayed in a pose waiting for the Kameo to finish their move. It felt disjointed. If you're gonna go and make an assist based fighting game then go all out like a Marvel or DBFZ.

I think the creativity will come from the Kameo's but how much time I want to invest in pairing more than 1 kameo to my main reminds to be seen. 

Anyways, glad to have my 3 favourite MK characters in a MK game again. 

Scorpion, Reptile and Frost who is just a Kameo now 😔

On 9/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I love this roster. I think it's their best roster since Armageddon(for obvious reasons). I think it will be hard to top this. I am a fan of the 3D era games so I have a lot of nostalgia for characters like Nitara and Havik. 

Clear omissions like Jade, playable Jax, playable Sonya are gonna hurt the fans of those characters but we haven't seen some of these 3D era characters in 17 years in some cases. I think it's time to bring back some characters we haven't seen in a while. 

Overall, I'm very mixed on the Kameo Fighters. On one hand you get to see characters back who will never stand a chance to be playable again like Darrius or Motaru. Both for different reasons. On the other hand someone's main can only be a Kameo.

I experimented with them in the Stress Test and Beta and I didn't like how your main character stayed in a pose waiting for the Kameo to finish their move. It felt disjointed. If you're gonna go and make an assist based fighting game then go all out like a Marvel or DBFZ.

I think the creativity will come from the Kameo's but how much time I want to invest in pairing more than 1 kameo to my main reminds to be seen. 

Anyways, glad to have my 3 favourite MK characters in a MK game again. 

Scorpion, Reptile and Frost who is just a Kameo now 😔

No spoiler but.....you are right about something related to this keyword, "Armageddon".

It been like 3 games after the 3D era, some character I'm really surprise they return in this people call reboot of MK1 (no matter MK9 & this MK1, I never feel it was a soft reboot, because for both, the story was always connected with the seires. Without Armageddon Raiden sending message to MK9 timeline of Raiden, and create this new timeline, it won't be gone into the havoc condition & as consequence event making MK10 & MK11 story on going. For MK1, without MK11 Aftermath Liu Kang Ending story connected, this MK1 simply can be a NEW Mortal Kombat of the franchise, however it isnt.)

For a fans who follow this series starting from MK2, I hope this Fire Thunder God Liu Kang re-create new era can bring more surprise for the story plot to the series fan and.....in actually it did. Do you think Liu Kang won't made mistake like Raiden did before, by create an OLD mess for this timeline? (No spoiler but......Welcome to re-visit DA & A 🤣)

Although I miss a lot of old series offline game mode, sort of Motor Kombat, D.A's Krypt, Deception kind of rpg story mode (to be frank, I hate Armaageddon story mode, for me it kind of boring), Puzzle Kombat....etc, somehow I hope they bring some new creative mode to make this series each game also have some unique feature, like the new Kameo system.

Btw, Scorpian not just Kameo, but is in selective character roaster. The only different is Kameo = Hanzo, Selective Character = Kuai Liang.

Edited by Stevieboy

4 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Kintaro... :( where art thou!? I normally use Scorpion, Noob, Jade, so I'm down 2. Be fun to see who i decide to swap them out for. We do get QuanChi though as dlc iirc. Would be nice to get Shinnok too since its a reboot

Motaro is yeah. I hated him forever lol. 

Exactly my thoughts. They just stop. It could have been a time to also impliment some tag fatalities or something. Even if some are generic, Scorpion and SubZero could have had a unique one.

Game is out Thursday! gonna have to rush after work before the store closes lmao

Edited by Infected Elite

Very easy nothing here to lose your hair over. Some online trophies those I suggest to always get around to early, since you never know in the future if the servers will be on or not. MK9 was their hardest platinum which I never obtained. Lol Followed by X and 11 really took things down a notch. Now 1 it’s basically play the game and grind a bit but nothing too difficult.

4 hours ago, RubyDiamondINK said:

Very easy nothing here to lose your hair over. Some online trophies those I suggest to always get around to early, since you never know in the future if the servers will be on or not. MK9 was their hardest platinum which I never obtained. Lol Followed by X and 11 really took things down a notch. Now 1 it’s basically play the game and grind a bit but nothing too difficult.

If Kombat Leagues are like MK11 then we don't know if they'll be available right away.  The taunt trophy probably won't be an issue because you're bound to get a match where you can pull it off eventually.  The KOTH trophy could be the only real challenge, depending on if you can make custom KOTH lobbies or get enough people to flood a KOTH lobby with fellow boosters.  Not too terrible either way though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

If Kombat Leagues are like MK11 then we don't know if they'll be available right away.  The taunt trophy probably won't be an issue because you're bound to get a match where you can pull it off eventually.  The KOTH trophy could be the only real challenge, depending on if you can make custom KOTH lobbies or get enough people to flood a KOTH lobby with fellow boosters.  Not too terrible either way though.

For Kombat Leagues, please dont re-create the Capcom's SF6 tourny mess is good enough.

The rest if you found someone to boost is pretty much piece of cake.

As per limited info getting for now, it seem for offline mode, the trophy have to grind is the Invasion level. Powerpyx indicated est. take 10+ hours to grind with each fight set to use brutality as finisher.

Damn those trophy icons looks like placeholders lol. The Xbox achievements have the regular icons wonder what happened here. Trophy list looks to be the same effort-wise as MK11. I'm not sure if I'm getting this game yet. The art style/character designs don't really grab me. I get why they feel minimal since they're going back to basics but compared to MK11 it almost feels like a visual downgrade even though it's not. Gameplay looks very fun though with the addition of Kameo fighters.

Edited by PostGameBlues

6 hours ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

For Kombat Leagues, please dont re-create the Capcom's SF6 tourny mess is good enough.

The rest if you found someone to boost is pretty much piece of cake.

As per limited info getting for now, it seem for offline mode, the trophy have to grind is the Invasion level. Powerpyx indicated est. take 10+ hours to grind with each fight set to use brutality as finisher.

There is a huge difference with the Kombat League trophy.  You don't have to win for the trophy.  Just complete 5 sets.  That in of itself should avoid the SF6 tournaments issues. 

If they work the same or similar to MK11's Kombat League then it won't be a big deal.  Just jump into a set, win or lose the matches, and then jump into another set.  Rinse and repeat 5 times.

46 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

What did they do with MK11 that was so bad?

There were a lot of things I didn't like. Political correctness, SJW pandering, unneccessary censorship, the RNG garbage, and the fact that it wasn't very single player friendly are some huge examples but the No. 1 reason why I got rid of MK11 stems from a perspective most people outside of California don't have. Sometimes in life you can only get a detailed look at what someone truly is if you live in the same general area, and that's what this is about.

They added the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of the Terminator as DLC which truly sickened me. Before I begin, I ordinarily avoid politics like the plague but sometimes shit gets too messed up to where you're forced to pay attention. During his time as California's governor, Schwarzenegger did a lot of horrible things to where eventually both political parties were united against him and he left office with a 27% approval rating. I won't go into detail about all of his actions but one of the most messed up things he did happened shortly after he'd cut aid to the disabled. 

30 people in wheelchairs were protesting outside the capital building, some were in tears as they wanted to speak to Schwarzenegger about the cuts. Instead of speaking to them, he had them all arrested. What kind of sick fuck attacks the disabled like that? Long story short, out of principle I can't own anything that he's a part of because of how much his actions when he was governor disgusted me. So when I found out that the version of the Terminator with his physical likeness was being added to MK11, I got rid of my copy. I'm not bashing anyone who's still a fan of his, to each their own but as for me personally I can't stand that evil bastard for what he did when he was California's governor. So I sold my copy back to GameStop in disgust.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

There were a lot of things I didn't like. Political correctness, SJW pandering, unneccessary censorship, the RNG garbage, and the fact that it wasn't very single player friendly are some huge examples but the No. 1 reason why I got rid of MK11 stems from a perspective most people outside of California don't have. Sometimes in life you can only get a detailed look at what someone truly is if you live in the same general area, and that's what this is about.

They added the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of the Terminator as DLC which truly sickened me. Before I begin, I ordinarily avoid politics like the plague but sometimes shit gets too messed up to where you're forced to pay attention. During his time as California's governor, Schwarzenegger did a lot of horrible things to where eventually both political parties were united against him and he left office with a 27% approval rating. I won't go into detail about all of his actions but one of the most messed up things he did happened shortly after he'd cut aid to the disabled. 

30 people in wheelchairs were protesting outside the capital building, some were in tears as they wanted to speak to Schwarzenegger about the cuts. Instead of speaking to them, he had them all arrested. What kind of sick fuck attacks the disabled like that? Long story short, out of principle I can't own anything that he's a part of because of how much his actions when he was governor disgusted me. So when I found out that the version of the Terminator with his physical likeness was being added to MK11, I got rid of my copy. I'm not bashing anyone who's still a fan of his, to each their own but as for me personally I can't stand that evil bastard for what he did when he was California's governor. So I sold my copy back to GameStop in disgust.

Don't you mean "Californiania"?

I mean, it wasn't Arnie's voice, though. It was an impersonator...and a bad one, at that.

What do you think of race swapped Tanya and the uglification of the women in this new one?

MK platinums are too easy and almost effortless. All they can offer is stupid grind. I'm not a hardcore gamer, not at all, but I would've like to see at least somewhat decent trophies. Like, for example, to win 5 kombat league sets, not just participate. Maybe, some combo challenges trophies, etc.

"No Bad Match Ups" trophy in 11 was the only good trophy in the game, which is shameless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Don't you mean "Californiania"?

I mean, it wasn't Arnie's voice, though. It was an impersonator...and a bad one, at that.

What do you think of race swapped Tanya and the uglification of the women in this new one?

It was still Schwarzenazi's physical likeness that was used. So again, it was a matter of principle. Now onto present day, I don't think all of the women in this game look hideous but Tanya definitely comes across as unattractive. Which is odd because the actress behind the role is actually a decent looking lady. But what do you mean by race swapped exactly? With the exception of that awful snafu in MKX's story mode, Tanya has always been dark skinned. And one other thing, I can definitely totally agree in relation to your username. My GF and I have a 3 year old female orange tabby that she'd found and rescued as a kitten, she's very special to us. 🙂

8 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

It was still Schwarzenazi's physical likeness that was used. So again, it was a matter of principle. Now onto present day, I don't think all of the women in this game look hideous but Tanya definitely comes across as unattractive. Which is odd because the actress behind the role is actually a decent looking lady. But what do you mean by race swapped exactly? With the exception of that awful snafu in MKX's story mode, Tanya has always been dark skinned. And one other thing, I can definitely totally agree in relation to your username. My GF and I have a 3 year old female orange tabby that she'd found and rescued as a kitten, she's very special to us. 🙂

Tanya has always been middle Eastern, not west African. 

Bad news, besides Story mode, Practice, Tutorials, Classic Tower & Kameo Mastery, the rest ALL consider ONLINE trophy.

There are 2 have to boost which is Dethrone & Perform Taunt Completed.

Kombat League a.k.a. Ranked Match & please hope that the player matching with you will complete 3 match per set with you because trophy require FULLY COMPLETE 5 SETS Kombat League. This one unable to create Kustom match, you are not allowed participate only as it doesn't count a FULL SET. Also, quit before the FULL 3 SETS finish doesn't count as well. By the time the result screen, the selection for REMATCH change become FRIENDLY Match, it means you are completed a set.

Powepyx's guide mentioned there are a DELAY for certain trophy unlock especially the donate coin to Shrine. You had to wait for 3-4 minutes & please don't quit the game before you are obtaining the trophy.

Invasion mode save data was store at server, if the server maintaining you are not allowed to access.

7 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

Bad news, besides Story mode, Practice, Tutorials, Classic Tower & Kameo Mastery, the rest ALL consider ONLINE trophy.

There are 2 have to boost which is Dethrone & Perform Taunt Completed.

Kombat League a.k.a. Ranked Match & please hope that the player matching with you will complete 3 match per set with you because trophy require FULLY COMPLETE 5 SETS Kombat League. This one unable to create Kustom match, you are not allowed participate only as it doesn't count a FULL SET. Also, quit before the FULL 3 SETS finish doesn't count as well. By the time the result screen, the selection for REMATCH change become FRIENDLY Match, it means you are completed a set.

Powepyx's guide mentioned there are a DELAY for certain trophy unlock especially the donate coin to Shrine. You had to wait for 3-4 minutes & please don't quit the game before you are obtaining the trophy.

Invasion mode save data was store at server, if the server maintaining you are not allowed to access.

I imagine if you're like me and intend to let the players you're up against in kombat league win the whole set it probably won't be too bad.  I just want the trophy and be done with it.  Maybe try and get a taunt off, if I can't then boost it with KOTH.