Mortal Kombat 1 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

50 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

@Colin_Raleigh

1: get to a low level spot in first map

2: mesa travel to towers (hourly) make sure you stand in front of it. It should be level close to yours. In my case, 28

3: travel BACK to the low-level map, make sure the spot you're on is a 1 or something. 

4: finally, go back to the tower and now it will be level 1. However its only the tower you are in front of. 

Thats how the glitch works. 

I just got it! Thank you! It happened on a 5 person modifier free tower where I got all 5 brutalities. Even though I only got 4 out of 5 flawless victories, I still wound up getting nearly 10 million points due to how fast I did it (possibly because I entered as Baraka with all of his upgrade points put into attack). There was also a delay of a few minutes before the trophy popped, but it finally did. Now all I have to do is grind 4 more kameo fighters and await whatever the hell that Titan shit is. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Colin_Raleigh said:

I just got it! Thank you! It happened on a 5 person modifier free tower where I got all 5 brutalities. Even though I only got 4 out of 5 flawless victories, I still wound up getting nearly 10 million points due to how fast I did it (possibly because I entered as Baraka with all of his upgrade points put into attack). There was also a delay of a few minutes before the trophy popped, but it finally did. Now all I have to do is grind 4 more kameo fighters and await whatever the hell that Titan shit is. 😂

You're welcome

I was playing around with the gateway towers glitch last night and discovered that if you can beat everyone in a 7 tower fast enough you can get away with doing fatalities instead of brutalities.  I got 5.1 million points doing that.  But you'd have to beat everyone in less than 15 seconds, some maybe in 10, so the fights with double health bars would have to be super quick. 

I wonder if Windbreaker would be fast enough, if you use the konsumable that gives infinite talisman for an encounter.  Might be useful to someone when they inevitably patch the glitch.

38 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Someone said recently in a YouTube video's comment section about MK1 trophies that the Titan trophy is currently bugged but I can't find any additional information on that alleged claim. Probably just rumor and speculation but I thought I'd mention it here.

It's possible, but I've seen far too often people assume a trophy is bugged just because it's currently either unobtainable or the trick to getting it hasn't been discovered.  Look at Jedi Survivor.  The one collectable that was stuck behind a not so obvious puzzle that everyone thought was just glitched.

They held off making the secret fight trophy in MKX available until the second invasion of that game iirc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I was playing around with the gateway towers glitch last night and discovered that if you can beat everyone in a 7 tower fast enough you can get away with doing fatalities instead of brutalities.  I got 5.1 million points doing that.  But you'd have to beat everyone in less than 15 seconds, some maybe in 10, so the fights with double health bars would have to be super quick. 

I wonder if Windbreaker would be fast enough, if you use the konsumable that gives infinite talisman for an encounter.  Might be useful to someone when they inevitably patch the glitch.

I also added a tip in this thread about how to get some more points on each floor: there is an item - don't remember the name - that enables Fatal Blow for the next encounter. Activate it before starting the tower and you have Fatal Blow immediately available on each floor. Fatal Blow activation on a floor = 25k, Fatal Blow Match Ender = 25k. Combine this with a fatality = another 25k, that's 75k for each floor (more than the 50k for brutality)

1 hour ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Someone said recently in a YouTube video's comment section about MK1 trophies that the Titan trophy is currently bugged but I can't find any additional information on that alleged claim. Probably just rumor and speculation but I thought I'd mention it here.

apparently titan fights are the bosses of each world. Hence the bronze.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

apparently titan fights are the bosses of each world. Hence the bronze.

41 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Must be a different trophy than the mini boss and major boss ones, because most of us out there already have those two.

There must be another boss then, because most of us have the final boss of the Invasions trophy already as well.  Has anyone finished every space in every Netherrealm Gate of every Mesa yet?  I have not but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to them.

Edited by Snake2410

57 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Nah but I've read kharacters being called titans. Like Tsung, Cage, Havik, so i mean, I'm not sure. 

Not worth doing every nether gate either.

You've done them all?  I'm just curious because I kind of want to do them all, but I have so much else to do plus work so I don't know if I want to put the time into it if people think it's not worth it.

56 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

You've done them all?  I'm just curious because I kind of want to do them all, but I have so much else to do plus work so I don't know if I want to put the time into it if people think it's not worth it.

yeah i did. Didn't add anything. Also the only map changing per season likely will be the 5th map. Seems the rest are set.

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

There must be another boss then, because most of us have the final boss of the Invasions trophy already as well.  Has anyone finished every space in every Netherrealm Gate of every Mesa yet?  I have not but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to them.

I've hit up every unlockable area in Invasions except Living Forest so maybe there's a Netherrealm gate in there to check. If I find anything when I do check that area, I'll post it here. But it won't be until Wednesday though, currently out of town at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I've hit up every unlockable area in Invasions except Living Forest so maybe there's a Netherrealm gate in there to check. If I find anything when I do check that area, I'll post it here. But it won't be until Wednesday though, currently out of town at the moment. 

I've only touched some of the Shang Tsung Laboratory one.  Doubt I'll get to any before Wednesday.  Currently I'm off Wednesday so that woud be the day I'd be able to put time into it, but that could change.  If I can I'm going to work that day.  I'm going to finish the story trophies tonight and then maybe the 10 character endings/5 towers trophies.

15 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Arghhh what a tease! I did the challenge tower again last night thinking there must be more to it. I was hoping the test your might challenge at the top would be replaced by the titan. Nope, but the final fight against Liu Kang ended with a secret fight against Shang Tsung. Sill nope....

I hope it's doesn't end up being something to do with that tower.  That test your might scares me a little.  I struggle enough with the normal ones lol.

7 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I hope it's doesn't end up being something to do with that tower.  That test your might scares me a little.  I struggle enough with the normal ones lol.

Have you encountered the small drone/vacuum cleaner challenge after the Johnny Cage fight? I've only ever seen it once and not knowing what it was I kicked it and it exploded one shoting one. I want to know what other secrets are in that tower and what triggers them or if they are just total RNG

38 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Have you encountered the small drone/vacuum cleaner challenge after the Johnny Cage fight? I've only ever seen it once and not knowing what it was I kicked it and it exploded one shoting one. I want to know what other secrets are in that tower and what triggers them or if they are just total RNG

I have not.  I couldn't get past the second survive floor when I tried it and haven't tried it since.  Was only level 20 or so iirc though.

Edited by Snake2410

22 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

It's 100 percent bugged. Nothing in the game is super secret and we've been beating Titan's every level in Invasion. 

So it'll be a race to who can replay a titan the second the next game update comes out. 

38 minutes ago, Startyde said:

It's 100 percent bugged. Nothing in the game is super secret and we've been beating Titan's every level in Invasion. 

So it'll be a race to who can replay a titan the second the next game update comes out. 

I don't think we've seen what they consider a Titan battle in Invasion yet.  There are trophies for each invasion boss type (which would be what I'd consider a Titan anyways), and they're seperate from the Titan trophy. 

I'm convinced it's not a bug and that it's a special tower or fight that'll be added towards the end of the Invasions season as a season finale sort of thing.

Edited by Snake2410