Mortal Kombat 1 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

17 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Just finished the 5 Kameos grind and went to try the 5m score on the towers, got it in a 7-floor one with all-brutallities bonus, 5.4 million score at the end.

Would've been first achiever but they pulled the classic NR studios prank where there's a single time-sensitive trophy that we have to wait 🤡

My guess for the Titan Battle would be a special boss tower, kinda like the previously called invasion boss on mkx.

Which tower was it?

12 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Which tower was it?

Daily Tower I, still available for ~9 hours (there are a bunch of hazards as modifiers, but you don't need to bother with flawless rounds when you have 7 floors, just make sure to get a brutality every fight.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Daily Tower I, still available for ~9 hours (there are a bunch of hazards as modifiers, but you don't need to bother with flawless rounds when you have 7 floors, just make sure to get a brutality every fight.

I can't seem to beat Liu Kang before the timer runs out on that one.  Which character did you use?

39 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Hello

So i still can try this today.  A daily tower with 7 floors right?

46 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Thanks for the tip, just got my trophy!

7 minutes ago, Chanoca69 said:

Hello

So i still can try this today.  A daily tower with 7 floors right?

Yeah, daily tower 1. It has 7 floors.

Did Daily Tower I and finished with 5 055 200 points! 
https://imgur.com/a/diKLJdG 

The first two fights vs Liu Kang are the hardest/most annoying. The rest are pretty easy. If you don't get a Brutality at any point, just restart because you won't get that "All Brutalities" x4 bonus otherwise.

Another tip, because of all the stage hazard causing chip damage, I suggest to fight the opponent until they have about ~30-40% HP. Stop attacking and let the chip damage lower their health until you know you can one-shot them. That way, you'll have enough time for at least 2-3 tries to finish 'em if you get interrupted or something. The last thing you want is to have stage hazard steal your final hit.

I'm really not good at fighting games, so I'm sure a lot of you can do it! Worse case. just keep checking daily for new types of Towers and you may get one easier for your playstyle!

Good luck y'all!
(PS: F*** that fire hound haha)

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

I GOT IT!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I had been using the 7 stage towers, but kept getting screwed by the fire vortex chip damage killing people.  I figured out a decent method of using that to your advantage.  Posted below.  5, 416, 320 was my score. 

I used Katana with Attack the only thing I put points into, found a talisman in the Gateway shop that gives armor and has 5 uses (upgraded with super armor, 10% health upon activation, and shorter activation), a relic that resisted 25% fire damage.  

I used the armor on the first two Liu Kangs, the third fight, then saved it for the last two.  Also, when you get them to less than 1/3 health be careful, they can die real quick to the chip damage the fire vortex does.  But you can also use that to your advantage by letting them get stunned by it and then doing the brutality easy.  That actually worked in my favor for probably 4 or 5 of the fights.  The armor will wear off eventually so be careful. 

I'm going to edit together a video with my loadout and the run that got me the score tonight and try and get it up on YouTube to hopefully help give people an idea of what to expect.  The towers will obviously be different by then, but maybe it'll help in some way.

By the way, to those discouraged by this trophy.  I SUCK at this game and most modern fighters, and I did it. Loadout was the key for me.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

Here's my run, used Baraka because of the increased uppercut damage.

Max level (30) and all points spent on damage. Had a relic which gave me +25% fire resistance tho, because of the annoying hazards in this tower.

So basically you can do on any tower 5 floors or above, 4 floors is not possible even with double flawless rounds.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LucasDiasC said:

Max level (30) and all points spent on damage. Had a relic which gave me +25% fire resistance tho, because of the annoying hazards in this tower.

So basically you can do on any tower 5 floors or above, 4 floors is not possible even with double flawless rounds.

Katana spec'ed the same way is almost as potent, but was way more effective against Liu Kang for me so that's why I went with her.

2 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Katana spec'ed the same way is almost as potent, but was way more effective against Liu Kang for me for some reason, so that's why I went with her.  I'm surprised you're doing that much damage to Liu, I was doing maybe half that with Baraka when I tried him.

Not sure why it quoted me instead of edited.  Weird, I must've hit the wrong button.

Edited by Snake2410

1 hour ago, LucasDiasC said:

Thank you Bro got it. Must do all brutalities

23 minutes ago, Chanoca69 said:

Thank you Bro got it. Must do all brutalities

Yeah, a buddy of mine who's been trying to do it tried all fatalities just to see and 7 stage towers don't get enough points.  He got 4,500,000 that way.  An 8 stage maybe would be closer, but it would probably have to be a 9 or 10 stage tower.  Maybe they exist, maybe they don't though.  I kind of hope it's made at least a tiny bit easier because the current mods are pretty ridiculous.  The 8 stage tower that was up today has such bad mods that even trying to get fatalities is nearly impossible.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:07 AM, Sicho said:

what kind of Talisman ends a match in 2 seconds??

Bo Rai Cho's fart talisman supposedly (it's actually called Windbreaker).  It's in Shang Tsungs Laboratory, but it's behind the Netherrealm gate that you need an item the final boss drops to get to.

Edited by Snake2410

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

Katana spec'ed the same way is almost as potent, but was way more effective against Liu Kang for me so that's why I went with her.

Not sure why it quoted me instead of edited.  Weird, I must've hit the wrong button.

just got the trophy, thank you all for your tips!

2 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

Just got the trophy. Thank you, Snake and Dragon for your tips!!!

• Like 1

I just found out that the item, that gives you Activated Fatal Blow for the next encounter works on the towers and you can activate Fatal Blow on each floor! That is another 25k x4 = 100k points basically "for free" per floor if you get a 4x bonus. Should make it easier, if you can get hold of the item.

Alas, I have yet to get to 5 million 😕
I am wondering if there are other bonuses than the 4x All Fatality/Brutality bonuses one might get.

3 minutes ago, SystolicGem97 said:

That is correct. 

Just making sure I wasn't going crazy, since I just finished that area and that door was the only thing I couldn't get through.

36 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I just found out that the item, that gives you Activated Fatal Blow for the next encounter works on the towers and you can activate Fatal Blow on each floor! That is another 25k x4 = 100k points basically "for free" per floor if you get a 4x bonus. Should make it easier, if you can get hold of the item.

Alas, I have yet to get to 5 million 😕
I am wondering if there are other bonuses than the 4x All Fatality/Brutality bonuses one might get.

Either my math is wrong or there is some hidden points you get completing a Gateway Tower.  When I added up my points manually I was about 200k to 250k less than what I actually earned when I got the 5 million points for the trophy.

2 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Just making sure I wasn't going crazy, since I just finished that area and that door was the only thing I couldn't get through.

Either my math is wrong or there is some hidden points you get completing a Gateway Tower.  When I added up my points manually I was about 200k to 250k less than what I actually earned when I got the 5 million points for the trophy.

There seems to be a visual bug with the debri im mentioning because after completing the clue, it was still there, i just walked through it with no issue tho. Might be something to consider when going for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SystolicGem97 said:

There seems to be a visual bug with the debri im mentioning because after completing the clue, it was still there, i just walked through it with no issue tho. Might be something to consider when going for it.

I'm getting some interesting visual bugs, so I'm not too surprised.  General Shao's horns connected to an invisible head on his body after a brutality on him has been my favorite so far lol.

Edited by Snake2410