Dutch Girl Tweets Threat to American Airlines

cmgravekeeper

Not sure if this was posted already. I posted this in the Humor Thread earlier but felt it deserved it's own post. This girl named Sarah tweeted American Airlines a threat. The tweets and events transpiring afterwards below.

603638_739547986075829_10622626573077409

A 14-year-old Dutch girl who threatened a terrorist attack in a tweet to American Airlines was arrested in Rotterdam on Monday — but that didn't stop a copycat from tweeting a similar threat to another airline.

A Twitter user named "Sarah" wrote on Twitter over the weekend that she was a member of Al Qaeda and that she would "do something really big."

The threat was apparently meant as a joke, but American Airlines wasn't laughing.

The airline tweeted: "Sarah, we take these threats very seriously. Your IP address and details will be forwarded to security and the FBI."

"Sarah" quickly backtracked, saying she was a 14-year-old white girl who made the whole thing up.American also issued a statement, saying “At American, the safety of our passengers and crew is our number one priority. We take security matters very seriously and work with authorities on a case by case basis.”

“I’m so sorry I’m scared now,” she responded to American Airlines on Twitter. “I was joking and it was my friend not me, take her IP address not mine.”

“I’m just a fangirl pls I don’t have evil thoughts and plus I’m a white girl," she tweeted.The girl then spent hours on Sunday trying to explain the tweet and beg for forgiveness.

She also pleaded: "I was kidding pls don't I'm just a girl pls."

Authorities have apparently not accepted her apology or explanation.In other rambling tweet she wrote "and I'm not from Afghanistan."

"We're not in a state that we can communicate any state of charges at this point," Dutch police spokesperson Wessel Stole told Business Insider. "We just thought it was necessary to bring this out mostly because of the fact that it caused a great deal of interest on the Internet."

Despite her arrest, others didn't get the message.

Another Twitter user sent a threat to Southwest Airlines, which responded Monday by saying: "The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. Your info had been given to the appropriate authorities." The user later tweeted it was a joke.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/girl-arrested-tweeting-terror-threat-american-airlines-article-1.1755809#ixzz2ywuzAT49

Dumb bitch needs to get the shit slapped out of her. Though with her being 14 years old she will just get a slap on the wrist, hopefully it is enough to stop her from doing something that stupid again. 

Parker

Nice choice of words. Have you ever done anything stupid as a teen? I sure have.

What bothered me the most was the fact she argued she was only a young 'white girl'. As if though there aren't any white girls in Afghanistan :huh:

• Like 4

Yeah, nothing even close to the level of stupidity of this. The only things I ever did that were stupid ended with me hurting myself, I've never threatened to hurt or kill anyone else.

She is 14 years old, that really isn't what I'd consider young anymore. She knows (or should know) the difference between right and wrong and I stand by my previous statement. 

Parker

People make mistakes yeah, especially young kids. You really wanna beat the shit out of a 14-year old 'stupid bitch' as you like to call it?

This isn't the Middle East where we stone people to death for stealing bread, what would become of society and mankind if we punish all those who err. No one got hurt, a day at the police station will give her a good scare unless you want to indict a 14 year old kid for attempting an act of terrorism.

• Like 1

She then tweeted "I blocked the FBI in case" Sorry OP if you stated that, I didn't read it all.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Watch her picture be made into a meme. I can see it now, some one trolls, person fires back, troll gets their feelings hurt and posts meme saying  "was kidding pls don't I'm just a girl pls."

• Like 1

People make mistakes yeah, especially young kids. You really wanna beat the shit out of a 14-year old 'stupid bitch' as you like to call it?

This isn't the Middle East where we stone people to death for stealing bread, what would become of society and mankind if we punish all those who err. No one got hurt, a day at the police station will give her a good scare unless you want to indict a 14 year old kid for attempting an act of terrorism.

If fair defense he said she deserves to get beat up. Not that he would beat her himself. That's not very fair because that's not what he said at all. As to the second part of your post, it wouldn't be the first time http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/

Yeah, nothing even close to the level of stupidity of this. The only things I ever did that were stupid ended with me hurting myself, I've never threatened to hurt or kill anyone else.

She is 14 years old, that really isn't what I'd consider young anymore. She knows (or should know) the difference between right and wrong and I stand by my previous statement. 

Parker

Don't be such a drama queen. Obviously I don't think she literally needs to get the shit slapped out of her but she definitely needs to be punished, very strictly. If this were my kid, the police would be the least of her worries, I can guarantee you that.  

Oh, and I called her a dumb bitch, not a stupid bitch. 

Parker

Only quoting you on your previous comments.

Off topic: your sarcasm is very amusing and all but you always preach this is a family site, yet here you are calling people a dumb bitch. Maybe you could set an example as a moderator.

If fair defense he said she deserves to get beat up. Not that he would beat her himself. That's not very fair because that's not what he said at all. As to the second part of your post, it wouldn't be the first time http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/

I remember this story, unfortunately for him this boy lived in Texas and not in the Netherlands where we are very lenient.

What the..... 

And that's how the girl uses the internet?  :facepalm:

Look at her twitter: https://twitter.com/queendemitriax_

Before it goes!

I saw that she even deleted ALL her Instagram pictures. Wow.

Parker

I agree with you right here.

Okay...

To any kids reading this, if you pull something as stupid as this I'll call you an asshole (or dumb bitch, depending on gender) on the internet and I'll hope your parents severely punish you. Follow my example, don't be an idiot.

In all honesty, I don't recall preaching this is a family site. I've always said we have a very welcoming and amazing community but we've never cracked down on language here.

Parker  

Good that's much better :)

I hope they'll give this girl 240 hours of community service. Since she thinks all coloured people are probably terrorists maybe they could let her hand out bibles or something at an afro-american church. That way she is being punished and being taught a valuable lesson at the same time, no matter the colour of your skin we are all human beings at the end of the day!

Edit: I just read on the news the girl has been released as of today. The police had received several threats that the girl should be released. Also, after the girl's tweet there has been a dozen of other kids copy catting her on Twitter

Edited by Goekie
  • Like 2

Just woke up and this is the first thread I read. It is too early in the morning for a facepalm, havent even had my coffee yet.

The thing with threats is it's hard to tell if they really mean it or if they are joking. I know the girl is 14 but she should at least have some common sense not to tweet this out to American Airlines. 

LMAO at the gif in your signature.

• Like 1