Dutch Girl Tweets Threat to American Airlines

cmgravekeeper

If they consider every single joke like this as a potential threat they are a bunch of dumbasses. In any case no one believe these jokes only them.

If they DON'T consider things like this a potential threat they'd be a bunch of dumbasses, not the other way around. There is a line between a joke and a threat, and this dumbass has most definitely crossed that line. 

I do have a question for you though. Say American Airlines did just brush this off as a joke and then she boarded  one of their planes on that day, blew herself up and killed hundreds or thousands of people, would you say American Airlines is at fault for not taking a threat seriously or would you be fine with the fact that they completely ignored someone who told them exacty what she was going to do? 

Parker

• Like 1

Nice choice of words. Have you ever done anything stupid as a teen? I sure have.

What bothered me the most was the fact she argued she was only a young 'white girl'. As if though there aren't any white girls in Afghanistan :huh:

Responses like this are a big part of the problem.  Focusing on two words Parker used while completely absolving her from her actions.  The girl's not a victim and Parker isn't the bad guy. 

I get that you two have worked it out over the course of the thread but the initial response of putting him on blast for two words he used and immediately making an excuse of "stupid teen" in her defense is completely backwards.  Apparently we live in a world where you can go ahead and threaten hundreds of lives as a goof and it's okay but you absolutely better not ever say anything that could offend. 

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

I suppose this is the modern day version of when kids years back did prank calls to emergency services. Used to scare the s**t out of the kids when the operator was able to call the number back, usually getting to speak to the parents.

Now we have 24/7 communication to the world from a bedroom. I'm actually surprised this has made headlines, as no doubt it happens a heck of a lot.

Responses like this are a big part of the problem.  Focusing on two words Parker used while completely absolving her from her actions.  The girl's not a victim and Parker isn't the bad guy. 

I get that you two have worked it out over the course of the thread but the initial response of putting him on blast for two words he used and immediately making an excuse of "stupid teen" in her defense is completely backwards.  Apparently we live in a world where you can go ahead and threaten hundreds of lives as a goof and it's okay but you absolutely better not ever say anything that could offend. 

A big part of what problem exactly?

The amount of sheer stupidity surrounding what this girl did, is astounding. Joke or not, a threat is a threat... and when a threat like this is made... there's only one course of action, and that is to apprehend the person, and figure out whether the threat is real or they are truly joking. This is the internet, where any idiot, psycho, or wannabe terrorist can make any claim he/ or she wants. There is no room for error when it comes to threats that can potentially put hundreds of lives at risk. This girl is in for a rude awakening.

If they DON'T consider things like this a potential threat they'd be a bunch of dumbasses, not the other way around. There is a line between a joke and a threat, and this dumbass has most definitely crossed that line. 

I do have a question for you though. Say American Airlines did just brush this off as a joke and then she boarded  one of their planes on that day, blew herself up and killed hundreds or thousands of people, would you say American Airlines is at fault for not taking a threat seriously or would you be fine with the fact that they completely ignored someone who told them exacty what she was going to do? 

Parker

They exagerated for just a joke from a 14 years girl...

Now i've a question for you. Try to put yourself into that girl and let me know if you like the idea of being arrested for a joke like that lol.

Edited by DeathNyx

"Blocked FBI just incase" dumb bitch lol

Well it looks like she learned her lesson anyways.. what such a silly thing to say to an airline company (who are normally strict as hell about things like these.. security in airports is the worst thing ever but completely worth it I guess).

Also, this was one silly as hell joke, it didn't even sound like a joke, I agree with Parker, they needed to take this seriously because for all they knew, it could have been serious.

Edited by TakahashiDemon
  • Like 1

Now i've a question for you. Try to put yourself into that girl and let me know if you like the idea of being arrested for a joke like that lol.

Nobody wants to get arrested but when you break the law that's what happens.  There are consequences for breaking the rules, it's something everyone should have learned by age of 2.  Also, don't think anyone in prison is like yeah I totally wanted to get arrested.   By that logic though it's ok to yell fire in a crowded theatre as a joke but then if someone is trampled to death in the panic.  Well, I was joking.  Yeah, that doesn't really cut it.

If I yell fire in a crowded theater I'd get arrested. If I threatened to shoot up a school or blow up a building, I'd be arrested. If I threatened to kill someone, I'd be arrested. Would I want to be arrested, hell no, but that isn't the point. The point is there are consequences for your actions and you can't go around threatening to kill people, regardless of if it is a joke or not. If you're an international airline you definitely can't take the threat of a hijacking as a joke and just shrug it off. 

I'm not even saying the idiot has to be arrested, I'm saying she needs a damn severe punishment. Whether it comes from a judge or her parents I couldn't care less, but since she apparently thought it was okay to threaten to blow up an airplane I'd have to question her mother and fathers parenting ability which directly coincides with their ability to punish their child, in my opinion. As I said earlier, if this were my daughter, the police would be the absolute last of her worries.

Parker 

• Like 1