Fast & Easy PS3 Plats or 100% Recommendations?

Thatnerdyfella

So, this is random but wanted to ask...

Asked my dad if I could buy one of the 3 ps3's he has in the house because I've been feeling nostalgic to play some good oldies and really revisit the ps3 when it was at it's peak and such. Such great memories and miss playing it. Long story short my dad just let me have one of the ps3's and now since I have done all my browsing and reminiscing and since nowadays being busy with work, college, and building a portfolio. Off the side, I wanna play some ps3 games but I also know myself well enough that I love collecting trophies and plats here and there when I can. My question and morale of this post is, does anyone know really fast and easy platinums or 100%'s on the ps3 that I possibly may have missed? Like, lol in a matter of mere minutes up to maybe an hour tops to collect a Plat or 100%.

I've been playing Starfield when I do have time on my hands but after taking my dads, now my ps3 and having it sit for a few weeks I finally just decided to get it all hooked up this evening and did a lot of my store browsing already. Merely only curious about any games that are fast and easy Plats/100%s on the ps3 that I may have missed out on from years ago. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Thatnerdyfella

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Tge standard for what easy and fast means has changed greatly since the ps4. Back in the ps3 days, it was almost unheard of for a plat to take less than 8 hours to earn. Some of the biggest "trophy whore" games were Terminator Salvation, Hannah Montana, Up, and Megamind. 

Yeah, I remember Up, Hannah Montana, and Megamind. I think I plat UP and Megamind but not HM. I know a couple buddies did. lol I also figured someone would come in here and say that. I looked up a couple videos of "fast and easy" ps3 games and the shortest was like maybe 3 to 6 hours and such. Figured I'd ask though. 

Edited by Thatnerdyfella

All games listed are 1 hour or less to 100% or platinum

100% Suggestions

Learning With The PooYoos: Episode 1 

Learning With The PooYoos: Episode 2

Frogger Returns (EU stack) - You do have the NA & JP stacks so might as well do the 3rd and final one

Super Hang-On

Virtua Fighter 2 (although you started that one but it's easy)

Monopoly Plus 

Platinum Suggestions

マブラヴ PHOTONFLOWERS* 

シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ (Steins;Gate 0 JP PS3

MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE: TOTAL ECLIPSE)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatnerdyfella said:

Yeah, I remember Up, Hannah Montana, and Megamind. I think I plat UP and Megamind but not HM. I know a couple buddies did. lol I also figured someone would come in here and say that. I looked up a couple videos of "fast and easy" ps3 games and the shortest was like maybe 3 to 6 hours and such. Figured I'd ask though. 

I was just looking through my ps3 games for you. No luck. My fastest plat was the EU stack of Demon's Souls at 8h 38m. I was only able to plat it that fast because I had already played through the game like 30 times at that point and got lucky with the RNG gods.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zipp Storm said:

All games listed are 1 hour or less to 100% or platinum

100% Suggestions

Learning With The PooYoos: Episode 1 

Learning With The PooYoos: Episode 2

Frogger Returns (EU stack) - You do have the NA & JP stacks so might as well do the 3rd and final one

Super Hang-On

Virtua Fighter 2 (although you started that one but it's easy)

Monopoly Plus 

Platinum Suggestions

マブラヴ PHOTONFLOWERS* 

シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ (Steins;Gate 0 JP PS3

MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE: TOTAL ECLIPSE)

Sweet thanks! Oh man do I remember trophy stacks. lol The EU Frogger Returns stack I may not worry about just because I don't remember my EU login and don't feel like making an EU acc again. But I appreciate the list!

Just now, Thatnerdyfella said:

Sweet thanks! Oh man do I remember trophy stacks. lol The EU Frogger Returns stack I may not worry about just because I don't remember my EU login and don't feel like making an EU acc again. But I appreciate the list!

That’s fair tbh, and the Platinum suggestions can be bought physically too if you so wish. As far as I know, I’ve done all of the games I suggested already anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I was just looking through my ps3 games for you. No luck. My fastest plat was the EU stack of Demon's Souls at 8h 38m. I was only able to plat it that fast because I had already played through the game like 30 times at that point and got lucky with the RNG gods.

Nice! It's all good though, not a big deal. I actually saw that Demon's Souls in my dl list wondering if I wanted to give that a try. I don't know if this a good comparison but I tried that Lies of P yesterday and died so many times and uninstalled it after like 20 deaths at the first mini boss in the tutorial. lmao So I may not try Demon's Souls. 

Edited by Thatnerdyfella

7 minutes ago, Zipp Storm said:

That’s fair tbh, and the Platinum suggestions can be bought physically too if you so wish. As far as I know, I’ve done all of the games I suggested already anyway. 

Actually since you mentioned physical copies I've been messing around with the idea if whether or not I wanna re-build my ps3 disc collection again. Back in the day when it was just the ps3, xbox 360, and Wii. I had all three and my ps3 physical game collection was around 300 sum, my 360 collection around 250 sum, and the wii was like 80 something. I wish I never would have gotten rid of all that but slowly over time I became a really awful minimalist. lol Up until a year ago I've been collecting again but this time with ps5 games. 

Edit: I also wanna rebuy a ps4 again and start collecting on that. lol 

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:
  • Kick-Ass 2
  • Cabela's Adventure Camp
  • Magus
  • Spare Parts
  • NCIS
  • Megamind
  • CSI

There's also these links:

I think I remember one of my buddies saying NCIS and CSI were decent Plats. Thanks for the list though! Also thanks for providing the two links to for some ideas, greatly appreciate that! I was originally thinking of looking at ps3 games on psn profiles but assumed that may take some time digging around (since it's been a while since being on here), hence why I decided to make this thread and just ask people. lol 

Edited by Thatnerdyfella

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Did the pure bladestone god smile upon you on that day?

• Haha 1

Mini Ninjas, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Where the Wild Things Are, Jurassic: The Hunted, Trivial Pursuit, NCIS, Monster Jam: Path of Destruction, Monster Jam: Battlegrounds, Monopoly Streets, Prison Break, Generator Rex: Agent of Providence, Happy Feet Two, The Penguins of Madagascar, Puss in Boots, Shrek Forever After, Toy Story 3, Toy Story Mania!, Mayhem 3D, Rango, Rio, The Smurfs 2, SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge, Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole and all of the Ben 10 games are pretty quick and easy.

• Like 2

• The Sly Trilogy was the poster child of fast, easy, and most importantly good, 2 very easy platinums, one platinum that'sstill easy but can  be hard if you're bad at the challenge levels and one easy 100% for the mini games included with the PS3 version
  • The Unfinished Swan is an easy 100% with one trophy that you'll definitely need help with
  • Most Telltale games have easy lists, especially after 2012 and the original Life is Strange is an easy game too with only collectables
  • The Wonderbook games were very easy if you can get your room bright enough
  • Thomas was alone is a fantastic game that has some collectables to find
  • The two Kingdom Hearts movies in 1.5 and 2.5 have trophy lists and are very easy 100%s: 358/2 days and Re:coded
  • rain is a very good short 100% too.

45 minutes ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

Mini Ninjas, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Where the Wild Things Are, Jurassic: The Hunted, Trivial Pursuit, NCIS, Monster Jam: Path of Destruction, Monster Jam: Battlegrounds, Monopoly Streets, Prison Break, Generator Rex: Agent of Providence, Happy Feet Two, The Penguins of Madagascar, Puss in Boots, Shrek Forever After, Toy Story 3, Toy Story Mania!, Mayhem 3D, Rango, Rio, The Smurfs 2, SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge, Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole and all of the Ben 10 games are pretty quick and easy.

Given your pfp, I am surprised you didn't mention Ducktales, since that's a reasonably easy 100% in my personal opinion. (Although in fairness, OP has started the game but not finished it as of now)

Looked into my trophy list when I start trophy hunting in this account and I chose some platinum and 100% to boost my number with stuff I felt comfortable to play and platinum. Games like God of War or Rayman Origins with some challenge, yet nothing special (to me at least).

Back then shameless platinums were Terminator and Hannah Montana. The first games from Telltale Games were tied to "Easy Platinum" by only completing the game or little to explore in a specific area (Walking Dead Season 1 and 2; Back to the Future: the Game; The Wolf Among Us). Most animated movie tied games were also easy, but I selected only games I enjoyed the movie OR the gameplay seemed fun- I can recommend Shrek, Brave, Cars 2, Up, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Rango, Puss in Boots and Rise of Guardians. I highly recommend playing both Pac-man and Ghostly Adventures if you enjoy platforms games.

Sound Shapes is another infamous easy platinum overall (most played for being the first auto-pop in other platforms).

For 100%, every Mega Drive/Genesis are easy and short, all share the same Save/Load state functionality: Comix Zone, Sonic, Streets of Rage, Super Hang-On, Golden Axe... Classic PopCap games like Plants vs Zombies (2011) and Bejeweled 3... Some random: Jetpack Joyride Deluxe, Daytona USA, Thomas was Alone... and the absolutely perfect 100% shovelware for PS3: Aabs Animals - open the game for 5 minutes and it's done. No need to press buttons either 😆

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

The Sly Collection contains three absolute must-plays, all with easy Platinum trophies. The challenges in Sly 3 might give you a bit of trouble, but they're not too bad and it's still very easy. All that's standing between you and Sly 1's Platinum is some mostly-easy collectibles, and Sly 2 is so easy that you're very unlikely to not earn it, or at the very least get really close, just by playing the game casually. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is also a great followup to the original trilogy, though its trophies require you to do quite a bit more, and are consequently quite a bit harder than the first three games. It's still super doable, though, and the game is great.

Keeping with the PS2 remaster theme, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy won't eat up too much of your time, is pretty easy (though will require some guide use), and is loads of fun. Definitely fits the bill. Jak II and 3 are significantly harder, though, but still worth beating at the very least, even without getting the Platinums. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection brings together a ton of classic SEGA Genesis games, and while they're not all winners, a lot of them are and it's great to have them all in one place. The trophy list is very easy, and is something you could realistically get done in under 10 hours. It's super cheap, too, so you should definitely consider adding this one to your library.

Lastly, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing comes highly recommended. It's a very well-made game that's a blast to play, with tons of awesome nods towards both the well-known and more obscure SEGA games. If you like games like Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing, this game is every bit as good as those and is well worth the price of admission. And the trophies are super easy too! Fair warning, though; you will need to boost the online trophies, since nobody's playing this game anymore. The servers are still operational, though.

There are plenty of excellent games on PlayStation 3 with easy Platinum trophies. These and plenty of others will give you great gaming experiences without having to resort to playing poor-quality children's licensed games to boost your Platinum count. Just do research into any game you're considering trophy hunting in on these legacy platforms to ensure the Platinum of your dreams is still obtainable - when in doubt, it never hurts to ask around!

Here's a giant list of them!

• Aabs Animals
  • Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations
  • Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • Ben 10: Omniverse 2
  • Ben 10: Ultimate Alien - Cosmic Destruction
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
  • Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
  • Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
  • Magus