Is it a new thing for DLC Patch/Paid Expansions to not include Trophies?

wardragon989

So I'm not against it as more content is always good but it does seem bothersome that there have been some big titles recently with DLC's via Patch or Purchaseable Content and they haven't been released with Trophies.

Does this bother anyone else? Of course the peeps who like 100% will say they're happy but I do get satisfaction seeing that DLC list and showingwhat they've added to the game. I get the content but would like that sort of badge to say you got the DLC which the DLC trophy set used to do.

Here are some recent games this has happened to and they were quite sizable content too;

• FNAF: Security Breach's - Ruin DLC
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - Custom Match and Dimension Shellshock DLC
  • Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - A New Power Awakens Set & Trunks - The Warriors of Hope & Bardock - Alone Against Fate & 23rd World Tournament DLC's
  • Sonic Frontiers - The Final Horizon DLC

• Like 1

It's always been a bit of a crapshoot. Some games don't get any DLC trophies at all, yet some others got so many DLC trophies that they had to create a new list just to keep adding them. Some other games only got DLC trophies for some of their expansions, but not all of them.

I guess some developers and publishers just don't think it's worth adding extra trophies to particular titles post-launch.

26 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

And some people keeps whining when a game have DLC trophies with each new DLC... "FFS I want to delete this game but they keep adding trophies!", I remember things like that with the latest AC... Origins, Oddysey, Valhalla... Or others like DbD...

Oh no! I have to play more videogames, the horror!

Altough I can sympathize with those folks sometimes. I wish Dead by Daylight would just stop and die off. Thank god I never started the PS5 list and the 2nd PS4 list slowly reaching the trophy limit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

So I'm not against it as more content is always good but it does seem bothersome that there have been some big titles recently with DLC's via Patch or Purchaseable Content and they haven't been released with Trophies.

Does this bother anyone else? Of course the peeps who like 100% will say they're happy but I do get satisfaction seeing that DLC list and showingwhat they've added to the game. I get the content but would like that sort of badge to say you got the DLC which the DLC trophy set used to do.

Here are some recent games this has happened to and they were quite sizable content too;

• FNAF: Security Breach's - Ruin DLC
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - Custom Match and Dimension Shellshock DLC
  • Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - A New Power Awakens Set & Trunks - The Warriors of Hope & Bardock - Alone Against Fate & 23rd World Tournament DLC's
  • Sonic Frontiers - The Final Horizon DLC

Honestly, it's the reason I didn't play any of Black Ops Cold War's DLCs. I love easter egg hunting, but what's the point when there aren't any trophies? Same for the Avengers DLCs.

I like not knowing honestly. Keeps things interesting and encourages discussion amongst trophy hunters and fans. For times trophies do drop the challenge to complete them and achieve 100% again keeps things lively. For example, RE4 Separate Ways & Sifu Arenas trophies just released and it makes me think how to approach this best against other competing gaming priorities (starting newly released games I want to play, growing backlog, what time commitment is involved, etc.).

I dislike the modern concept of DLCs, and even further DLC trophies.

Most games don't need them.

It's this wild idea where a publisher can roll out a half-baked game and expect its base to pay beyond the original sticker price for a complete experience while they try to fix all the broken aspects from release.

There's always exceptions, of course; I still love you, Tiberian Sun Firestorm.

No, this has been a thing since the PS3 as far as I am aware. I remember the FF13-2 DLC had no trophies, that was one of the only DLC I ever got other than Tale sof Zestiria which had trophies. Although not an old game, the Soul Hackers 2 DLC also has no trophies