Trophy Thought

FlareZero

37 minutes ago, Darkwing___Duck said:

Any tips for someone who has never played any of these games on what to do early are what can make sense to buy with real money to make things easier/quicker? 

You will get plenty of currency as a beginner for enough pulls for a 5 star early on. No need to spend money. Though if you want the best bang for your buck, the $5 monthly pass where you get 90 crystals a day for a month, gives around 15 summons a month. That's the best deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Akrioz said:

While an easy plat is tempting, Genshin already eats away a lot of my time. One gacha game is enough imo.

PS5 just starts at the current version and skips a lot of limited banners? Understandable, but kinda weird.

This is why I won't be playing HSR. I'm not having two gacha games take up my time specially since it's Hoyoverse and they can be lazy with implementing qol changes. I could've got sucked into the hype when it first released but it didn't release on PS at the time and the game has cooled off imo.

2 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

This is why I won't be playing HSR. I'm not having two gacha games take up my time specially since it's Hoyoverse and they can be lazy with implementing qol changes. I could've got sucked into the hype when it first released but it didn't release on PS at the time and the game has cooled off imo.

The quality of life changes in this game are all amazing compared to Genshin. It practically got everything right. Also Star Rail is so slow in content once you catch up, you can spend three minutes for dailies and then hop off the game. The events take an hour or two at most, and then you are good for a couple weeks, and then play another hour long event then wait another couple weeks. This game doesn't take up your time at all unlike Genshin.

Edited by DawningWolf55
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mickmann_1403 said:

I think I already know the answer but ... there are no missables in this game, right?

Nope no missable 

1 hour ago, Darkwing___Duck said:

Any tips for someone who has never played any of these games on what to do early are what can make sense to buy with real money to make things easier/quicker? 

The monthly pass is worth it and that's all you really need, you can buy the season pass if you get to rank 50 but it's not required. The story is quite straightforward and you can't progress until you hit a certain trailblazer rank anyway, grind materials and do side quests

Edited by LucilleRosethorn

42 minutes ago, DawningWolf55 said:

The quality of life changes in this game are all amazing compared to Genshin. It practically got everything right. Also Star Rail is so slow in content once you catch up, you can spend three minutes for dailies and then hop off the game. The events take an hour or two at most, and then you are good for a couple weeks, and then play another hour long event then wait another couple weeks. This game doesn't take up your time at all unlike Genshin.

It's not just qol its just the one example I used but a combination of things. Even if it's one minute of playing I don't really want to worry about doing dailies and using energy on two different games after getting home from work. Also I don't want to stress on two different games about bad rng bad builds etc. I don't want to fall into that trap spending money on gachas.

Submitted the guide a few hours ago, should hopefully be published within the next few days if everything goes off without a hitch.

20 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

How many hours for a plat? Didn't like genshin but curious about this one 

It honestly depends. A majority of the trophies can be done in like 20-30 hours. But with it being a gacha game, & requiring to grind to Equilibrium level 6, it can require upwards of 100 hours depending on how much content you're clearing and if you're doing absolutely everything you can every day/week.

I've been playing for about 2 months (granted I'm still behind on some content even before the new update), & I'm Equilibrium level 5, & still a good ways away from 6. It should also be noted that only about 3 weeks or so was me actually playing, while the rest were just hopping on to do dailies/weeklies, which only take about 10-30 minutes to complete depending on if you want to do all your dailies/weeklies, as well as consume all your Trailblaze powder for activities.

Opening your wallet can drop that time A LOT since you can essentially buy experience if you buy shards, trade them in for Stellar Jade's, then convert those Stellar Jade's to Trailblaze Powder, and then run the activities over and over again. Now while you could technically do this, you'd quite literally burn through thousands of dollars, if not more, so not exactly recommended.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

Just wanted to add this because i see the misconception while reading the thread: You actually do not need to play OR clear swarm V to get 100% in this game. Its not required to get all stories unlocked. You have to be able to clear diff IV though but thats still A LOT easier than MoC10 / Spyral Abyss 12.3

8 hours ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Two pulls of the new event and I get Tingyun (which is now E2) and Sampo. I'll be on a pity pull soon, my max is three pulls unless the rest are free. My luck is terrible and I want to save the rest for Seele.

I REALLY wanted Tingyun, she keeps avoiding me. 121 pulls later & not 1 single copy of her! 

Finally got Jingliu! It might have been from a pity pull but we don't talk about that, she's top tier for damage and well worth it. The rest of this season I can save up, I was going to get Seele but honestly I think Jingliu beats her. Overall I pulled:

• 1x Jingliu
  • 2x Sampo
  • 2x Qingque
  • 1x Tingyun
  • 1x Lynx

Managed to pull Sampo, Qingque & Lynx in the same wrap along with Jingliu & Qingque, I am happy.

2 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Okay I'm going to sound like a "get off my lawn!" grandpa asking this, but I can't keep up with you youngins and your terminology. What exactly are you talking about whenever you're saying stuff about a "pull"?

Quite literally gambling, "pull" as in pull the lever on the slot machine and hope that you win. Just like with gambling, you never do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nierou said:

Quite literally gambling, "pull" as in pull the lever on the slot machine and hope that you win. Just like with gambling, you never do.

Thanks! Is that the only gacha/gambling element to the game? I've gone into this completely blind which is pretty ridiculous considering I'm currently living in China and the game has been blasted everywhere for ages

2 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Thanks! Is that the only gacha/gambling element to the game? I've gone into this completely blind which is pretty ridiculous considering I'm currently living in China and the game has been blasted everywhere for ages

It's a gacha game so it's the main part like Arknights or Genshin. It's the only way to get new characters unless you purely use the ones given to you (which is more than enough), free pulls & premium pulls for the usage of the game's currency which can be earned or brought 

• Like 1

I decided to try this on PC, the gacha doesn't feel as forced as it was in Genshin which is a huge plus. However I probably won't play it due to the unskippable dialog. The story is quite average but there is just too much talking in the beginning. I just don't currently have the patience to force myself through it.

You can pretty much get a guaranteed 5* near the start, the trophies don't require much more than time, and at least for trophy related content you can get through it with just the base team.

It's an extremely simplistic turn based RPG, but unlike genshin doesn't ask for a lot of time. For trophy hunters who have the patience i'd recommend this 1, Will take a few weeks but should be an easy platinum unless they decide to change things.