Honkai: Star Rail - General Discussion

Dead Weight

6 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Well there's why Acheron is outperforming Jingliu, atk% orb instead of ice dmg%. 😉 I'm not one to talk though, I've got quantum set on mine, but in my defense, I just can't get a single good ice set drop whereas every quantum set drop is either double crit+atk% or double crit+spd. This is why I really want her light cone, 10% def reduction on non-quantum enemies just doesn't cut it compared to extra ice dmg% and crit dmg%.

I've decided I'll pull Acheron tonight or tomorrow. I don't prefarm so it'll probably be a few days before I can use her (at least I have a decent enough debuff crit set I can steal from Dr Ratio, not sure any good planar set), but I'll see at that point if I want to pull her light cone too. Depends how unlucky I get, I guess.

tbh, I haven't obtained a single good Ice Damage Orb for Jingliu lol. It is always Broken Keel which gets the good ones when I farm SU7 so my supports are the ones with a good Planar set. Really annoyed when I get something like this

erO857P.jpg

Anyways, good luck on your pulls!

Edited by RavenScythe

18 hours ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Hi, I was thinking of starting this, I was just curious how hard the trophies Are

i am on my way to the platinum and i can tell you that it is wayyy easier than Genshin (the abyss in genshin needed a lot of time and LUCK to build TWO teams). The level 6 will take some time but as long as you play daily it won't be so bad.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Hi, I was thinking of starting this, I was just curious how hard the trophies Are

Extremely easy, just takes time because of the trophy for reaching equilibrium 6. It's basically a world level that goes up the more you do stuff, but the main way you're gonna raise it is through daily activities that consume stamina, and, being a f2p game you only get a set amount of stamina per day. Took me 2 months and 2 weeks to reach EQ6 personally, looking through the recent plat achievers around 2 months seems to be pretty normal.

The only semi-challenging trophy in the game is "Silent Running" where you have to finish the main story in Swarm mode, which is one of the modules for endgame the roguelite mode. You don't need a high end team for it or anything (though it doesn't hurt) but you do need to be a somewhat competent player knowing which blessings to pick and such, but those are skills you'll pick up as you repeatedly play the mode. Honestly I am talking it up more than it deserves, but like, the rest of the list is like a 1/10 difficulty lol. It's the only trophy in the whole list where you have to actually show a bit of skill.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

i am on my way to the platinum and i can tell you that it is wayyy easier than Genshin (the abyss in genshin needed a lot of time and LUCK to build TWO teams). The level 6 will take some time but as long as you play daily it won't be so bad.

Hard hard/time consuming would you say the 100% Is?

2 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

Extremely easy, just takes time because of the trophy for reaching equilibrium 6. It's basically a world level that goes up the more you do stuff, but the main way you're gonna raise it is through daily activities that consume stamina, and, being a f2p game you only get a set amount of stamina per day. Took me 2 months and 2 weeks to reach EQ6 personally, looking through the recent plat achievers around 2 months seems to be pretty normal.

The only semi-challenging trophy in the game is "Silent Running" where you have to finish the main story in Swarm mode, which is one of the modules for endgame the roguelite mode. You don't need a high end team for it or anything (though it doesn't hurt) but you do need to be a somewhat competent player knowing which blessings to pick and such, but those are skills you'll pick up as you repeatedly play the mode. Honestly I am talking it up more than it deserves, but like, the rest of the list is like a 1/10 difficulty lol. It's the only trophy in the whole list where you have to actually show a bit of skill.

Sounds good, is it doable in Coop or is it strictly Sp?

7 minutes ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Sounds good, is it doable in Coop or is it strictly Sp?

The game is single player only. You can use a support character (someone else's unit they have on their profile) for certain daily farming activities, but, that's the extent of online stuff in the game really.

On 3/27/2024 at 3:26 PM, Milktastrophe said:

What's going on, nobody playing Star Rail on PS5?

Also forgot to quote this in my initial post but I am still playing everyday lol, I mostly just talk about it with my close friends on discord who play as well.

I am passing on Acheron, I invested my resources into a DoT team (Kafka/Swan) and a FUA team (Topaz/Ratio) personally (I just like DoTs in video games, and for the FUA I just find follow up attacks to be a fun gimmick) so I am pretty stacked on 5 star DPS, also have a Blade and Clara as well that get used depending on the current moc/pf gimmick. But that came at the cost of sustain/support, so I decided to pull for Luocha instead on this rerun (Huohuo might be more meta, but, I just like Luocha more and his raw healing output is insane) and I am going to get Aventurine as well. Probably Robin next patch as well (assuming RNG allows) since it looks like Ratio, Topaz, Robin, and Aventurine is going to be an absolutely hilarious/fun team to play.

Acheron is great though obviously, just not needed in my scenario. I probably will try to get her when she reruns someday though because her technique is just a nice quality of life feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I've used up all of my 300% sim universe tries and didn't get a single atk% or lightning dmg% izumo orb for Acheron. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the 300% relic drop event at the end of the month. I need either +4 spd for a 134 spd build (preferably on a crit rate shirt since my current is bad and my other pieces are good) or atk% boots.

On 3/27/2024 at 5:45 PM, RavenScythe said:

I'm mostly on mobile, not so much on the PS5.

I pulled for Acheron since she is a Raiden expy, she is insanely good dude. Honestly, I can really feel the difference in power between my Jingliu (E0S1) who is nicely built versus Acheron (E0S1) with subpar relics. For comparison

Jingliu

spacer.png

Acheron

spacer.png

Jingliu regularly does 6-digit damage with her Enhanced Attack and Ultimate against Ice-weak enemies so it is normal to see that. Acheron on the other hand, does 6-digit damage regardless of the enemy's elemental weakness with her Ultimate. With a correct setup, she can pop her ultimate insanely fast. Heck she even 0 cycled a phase on MoC 11 and MoC 12 when I tested her with a team of Acheron, SW, Pela and Sparkle. Definitely a Top tier DPS on the level of Jingliu and DHIL.

Finally I ended up pulling Acheron's light cone, and you're spot on the gulf between her and Jingliu. Acheron+Pela+Lil Gui is regularly doing like 2x-3x more than Jingliu+Bronya+Ruan Mei, even more when it's single target. I've still got to finish leveling her light cone and traces and I'm not happy with some of her relics, but I'm too tired to keep farming right now.

At least for Acheron's supports they just need to apply debuffs, so they're easy to build just need to survive. Their damage doesn't matter much when Acheron is dealing like 250k-300k practically every two turns. I'm thinking about whether I should build Gallagher to proc even faster, but maybe there'll be a 5* sustain debuffer down the line.

spacer.png

spacer.png

But now I've got the difficult decision of whether I should still try for Jingliu's light cone or save for some inevitable better supports.

• 2 weeks later...

LRwiT9Vl.jpg

Not only will Robin and Bootleg sorry Boothill join star rail so too will Gregorius only that he traded in his headless maestro look for a mecha look with a head with wings on it... just kidding😛

The Raid Boss Gregorius from the Blue Archive was the first thing i thought of then I saw the new weekly boss as they are both maestros. Don't know the deal with the hat.

While Robin sounds like a good Harmony char, I decided to skip her as after I got Acheron(she cost everything, still worth it as I wanted the Raiden Expy of Star Rail), I'm going to save for Firefly and seeing that Jade is more or less the type of Quantum char I want in content that is better having a AOE dealer than a Damage dealer like Seele/Xueyi. Then I need to yet again skip Fu Xuan's Light Cone(and Jade's as well) if I want a shot at least getting Firefly and hopefully Jade.

• Like 1

They keep on running back to back waifus. New Banners and Reruns alike. Seriously, I need a back to back male banner so that I can recover. My F2P status will become Forced to Pay at this point with Fu and Firefly running after the other.

Yo, does anyone know when Volume 4 trophies will be dropping?

On 4/27/2024 at 5:51 AM, RavenScythe said:

They keep on running back to back waifus. New Banners and Reruns alike. Seriously, I need a back to back male banner so that I can recover. My F2P status will become Forced to Pay at this point with Fu and Firefly running after the other.

Seriously, I wanted to go for Robin but after getting Black Swan, that little demon Sparkle drained 300 pulls and still did not deem my train good enough for her to spawn. Then jade waltzed in... 

I wouldn't be surprised if I skipped both 🤣

Edited by Dantes_994

I'll probably skip Robin too. There's just too many good harmony units right now, even the 4 stars are all really good. Right now I'm more interested in some 5 star supports specifically designed for Acheron, who knows when that'll be so need to keep a cushy supply of jades around. Boothill I'll probably skip because I'm not that into hunt, but space cowboys are cool so gotta see his gameplay first in the trial.

For a long time I've been planning to pull Jingliu's light cone, but since I 36 starred the previous moc without it, maybe I can save those jades. I'm thinking Fu Xuan now, can always use an extra crit rate boost. But maybe Firefly could replace my Jingliu...

Firefly sounds like she could be crazy in sim universe. Get the blessing that turns ultimate into follow up and some of those huge damage boosting elation blessings. Pair with possibly both Sparkle and Bronya and who knows how many enhanced skill = ultimate = follow up blasts she can let loose in a single use of her ultimate. If her enhanced skill generates energy she might perpetually be in ultimate state.

On 4/28/2024 at 2:47 AM, Dantes_994 said:

Seriously, I wanted to go for Robin but after getting Black Swan, that little demon Sparkle drained 300 pulls and still did not deem my train good enough for her to spawn.

🤣

Did you pull on the wrong banner? 300 pulls is nearly enough to hit guaranteed twice.

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Boothill I'll probably skip because I'm not that into hunt

Supposedly the new endgame mode will favor hunt characters (at least everyone keeps saying that, devs haven't talked much about it really) so a well built hunt will probably be good to have around for that. I love Boothill's design but I already have a well built Ratio, Topaz, and Yanqing (granted Yanqing is not exactly amazing, though Aventurine has made him more viable) so not going to pull for him myself.

I still plan on trying to pull for Robin as well but I had absolutely abysmal luck on Aventurine, took me almost 180 pulls. So I will have to get lucky for her.

5 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Supposedly the new endgame mode will favor hunt characters (at least everyone keeps saying that, devs haven't talked much about it really) so a well built hunt will probably be good to have around for that. I love Boothill's design but I already have a well built Ratio, Topaz, and Yanqing (granted Yanqing is not exactly amazing, though Aventurine has made him more viable) so not going to pull for him myself.

I still plan on trying to pull for Robin as well but I had absolutely abysmal luck on Aventurine, took me almost 180 pulls. So I will have to get lucky for her.

Well, Dr Ratio will be dead easy to gear up with Acheron's hand-me-downs so that's one. And if I really need another hunt, I'll just have to see about that when it happens.

I'm a bit sad that I have to skip Robin. I love her whole idol theme and her skillset, but I just don't need another Harmony character right now since I'm pretty much set there already. Since I lost my 50/50 for Aventurine E1, I'm going to save up now for a guaranteed Boothill as I'm still missing some good DPS for certain elements at the moment, and with his Break Effects he seems pretty nice to have. 

It'll be so hard for me though since after Boothill I want both Firefly and Jade as well, and potentially some of the rerun characters too. Can Honkai please stop with all the amazing characters? Thank you very much!! ;-; (Pls actually don't stop, but give me a break so I can skip some characters without regrets) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, majob said:

Just wondering as far as relics go where's the best place to farm? I know simulated universe really isn't the best place

It really depends on your unit that you are currently building. Each one has their best in slot relics and planar set.

Edited by RavenScythe

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 10:19 PM, Milktastrophe said:

Did you pull on the wrong banner? 300 pulls is nearly enough to hit guaranteed twice.

The pull numbers are shared between normal pulls and special pulls right (specific character pulls)? If so, I fucked up and spent my 100% pull on the normal banner 🤣

Anyway, does anyone know when more new trophies will be added to the game?

P.s. Aiming for Jade next month!

1 hour ago, Dantes_994 said:

The pull numbers are shared between normal pulls and special pulls right (specific character pulls)? If so, I fucked up and spent my 100% pull on the normal banner 🤣

Anyway, does anyone know when more new trophies will be added to the game?

P.s. Aiming for Jade next month!

Standard banners, LC and limited banners all have their own pity. If you pull 80 times on the Robin banner for example then do 30 pulls on the standard, the standard banner is only 30 pity and the limited is still at 80. They don’t mix and the same with LC.

Trophies get added every two updates usually so it should be with the next update. 

33 minutes ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Standard banners, LC and limited banners all have their own pity. If you pull 80 times on the Robin banner for example then do 30 pulls on the standard, the standard banner is only 30 pity and the limited is still at 80. They don’t mix and the same with LC.

Trophies get added every two updates usually so it should be with the next update. 

then I have no clue how I didn't get sparkle O.o

and thanks for the info!

27 minutes ago, Dantes_994 said:

then I have no clue how I didn't get sparkle O.o

and thanks for the info!

Usually the highest pity is 90 pulls and if you lose 50/50 it’s guaranteed on the next 5 star you pull, it’s how the system works. You actually have a 56% chance of getting that character compared to a standard 5 star character as someone recently tested it 

1 hour ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Usually the highest pity is 90 pulls and if you lose 50/50 it’s guaranteed on the next 5 star you pull, it’s how the system works. You actually have a 56% chance of getting that character compared to a standard 5 star character as someone recently tested it 

Well that makes me optimistic in regards to Jade, I have over a 100 pulls at the ready. I honestly have no bloody clue how I did not pull Sparkle O.o maybe I did but it was actually her with a mask rather than an E5 Hanya! 

On 5/11/2024 at 5:30 AM, LucilleRosethorn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some trophy updates catch up for Trailblaze and Companion Missions completed in the Penacony arc. The same thing happened after the mission in which Argenti comes to the Astral Express.